Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Was in a shopping centre a while back and there was a clear set up for entry on one side and exit on the other which was fair enough. An elderly woman accidentally walked out the entry side. The jumped up security guard actually went out after her, made her come back in, and then walk back out the other side. What a f*ckin knôb on a power trip. Sure at that stage she'd left, it was potentially doing more harm dragging her back in and out the other side. Wouldn't mind but the place was thronged with gobshítes wearing masks around their necks and ignoring the 2m distancing rule, all of which seemed to go over his head in favour of an easy target.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Antares35 wrote: »
    Happens to me too. Tormentors.

You should know that Pat will circle the car park constantly to get a space as near as possible to the entrance, even though there are plenty just yards away.

That’s Pat for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My Dad insisting on driving me to bring the cat for a vets appointment this morning, despite me having a perfectly good taxed and insured and functional car outside. Fair enough, he's bored and wants to have stuff to do so I go with it. But then when I mention I want to stop off somewhere to pick something up he's all "oh no, I need to be back in time for such and such". Ok so just let me go alone and do my own thing which is what I wanted all along! He also knocked and woke me up an hour too early because we had to "get to the appointment on time".

So yeah trivial because he's the best in the world and but just let me do my own thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Antares35 wrote: »
    Was in a shopping centre a while back and there was a clear set up for entry on one side and exit on the other which was fair enough. An elderly woman accidentally walked out the entry side. The jumped up security guard actually went out after her, made her come back in, and then walk back out the other side. What a f*ckin knôb on a power trip. Sure at that stage she'd left, it was potentially doing more harm dragging her back in and out the other side. Wouldn't mind but the place was thronged with gobshítes wearing masks around their necks and ignoring the 2m distancing rule, all of which seemed to go over his head in favour of an easy target.
    Aw now. Don't start with them lads, there is one who walks around the place with his chest puffed up pretending he is Dirty Harry, always giving you the stinking eye.
    You could blow the runt over with a well aimed fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Asked a few guys for a quote for a 10m2 timber deck out in my back garden. Guy #1 comes out, does the hard sell on composite, I say 'fine sure give me a quote for the composite and the timber and we'll see'. A week later I'm still waiting for the quote so I follow up and he comes back with a £2,000 quote. £1,700 for timber. When I say that this is way over our budget he says the cheapest he can do it is £1,500 but it must be in cash. WTAF? Is he constructing it from solid gold?

Guy #2 comes out yesterday, takes 5 minutes and gives me a quote of £680. Needless to say he got the job.

I assume either guy#1 didn't want the job at all or was seriously chancing his arm coz I'm a woman. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The ads that have the kids mouth cut out and replaced with adults mouths.

Why its just plain creepy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you alt tab past your tab

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

See, when I said 'dont let them away with anything' cause it would comeback to bite you on the ass, this is what I was trying to avoid.
    Chancers chancing their arms around the regulations, cause they got away with it before and somehow its my fault. Ta its all Ill hear about all pm and tom!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The confusion the yellow box has for some road-users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Gadgets that show me how ignorant I am at using them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When you alt ta0b past your tab
    ALT+SHIFT+TAB makes you go backwards. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

New Home wrote: »

Why the actual F@#$ has noone told me this before?????

This will change my life

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The sour dough bread I brought today is full holes, I'm thinking back now, did I ask her for Swiss cheese instead of sour dough bread!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This will change my life
    Wait until you see what SHIFT+F3 does to highlighted text! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm on holidays this week but am not going anywhere. I booked a skip which arrived this morning. The main thing I wanted to do was to get rid of my couch. Unfortunately, the couch is two inches longer than the doorway, and two inches wider that the doorway. (How did I get it in?!?)

After some slight violence, I got rid of it.;) It took a few hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Asked a few guys for a quote for a 10m2 timber deck out in my back garden. Guy #1 comes out, does the hard sell on composite, I say 'fine sure give me a quote for the composite and the timber and we'll see'. A week later I'm still waiting for the quote so I follow up and he comes back with a £2,000 quote. £1,700 for timber. When I say that this is way over our budget he says the cheapest he can do it is £1,500 but it must be in cash. WTAF? Is he constructing it from solid gold?

Guy #2 comes out yesterday, takes 5 minutes and gives me a quote of £680. Needless to say he got the job.

I assume either guy#1 didn't want the job at all or was seriously chancing his arm coz I'm a woman. :rolleyes:

Given his disrespect to you, I’d give the Revenue a bell.

I'm on holidays this week but am not going anywhere. I booked a skip which arrived this morning. The main thing I wanted to do was to get rid of my couch. Unfortunately, the couch is two inches longer than the doorway, and two inches wider that the doorway. (How did I get it in?!?)

After some slight violence, I got rid of it.;) It took a few hours...

Pivot!

Making a balls of cutting my mango.Instead of lovely squares.I have rippons of mango.How i managed that,i have no idea:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you filling petrol/diesel and you put an extra 2c in!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This will change my life

CTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen the last closed tab too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

This thread title

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

After making a curry , exactly how it said but every time I make a tomato based sauce it’s bland . Nice enough but bland. Gonna put it in the fridge and have it tomorrow so maybe some taste magically infuses into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wait until you see what SHIFT+F3 does to highlighted text! :D

Opens the page search function? Does on mine anyway, which seems pointless as Ctrl+F does the same.
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    CTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen the last closed tab too.

And keeps opening them the more you press. Saved my skin a few times when I've sent cases off only to realise I forgot something and wouldn't have been able to re-find the case without it!

My TA is our boss is taking on more and more 'daytime' work that's not supported when we work nights, but still getting us to do it. Actually more than TA'd at that.

cj maxx wrote: »
    After making a curry , exactly how it said but every time I make a tomato based sauce it’s bland . Nice enough but bland. Gonna put it in the fridge and have it tomorrow so maybe some taste magically infuses into it.

Sugar is your friend with tomato sauce.Just a bit .

dubstarr wrote: »
    Sugar is your friend with tomato sauce.Just a bit .

That’s exactly it !

That’s exactly it !

And how much is a bit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You should know that Pat will circle the car park constantly to get a space as near as possible to the entrance, even though there are plenty just yards away.

I used to be a member of Westwood gym in Fairview Dublin many years ago. Well over 10 years ago anyway

People would slit throats to get a space by the door. There was other parking and there was overflow parking too at the train station next door but still car drivers would take the motorcycle bay or other spaces they shouldn't to get by the door

You are going to the gym ?!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Missing my Aunts funeral in Manchester..more than trivial, but such is life....RIP Tess...

Opens the page search function? Does on mine anyway, which seems pointless as Ctrl+F does the same

Nope, that's not it at all. Nothing to do with search. It changes the text ftom tHIS to this to THIS to This.

4Ad wrote: »
    Missing my Aunts funeral in Manchester..more than trivial, but such is life....RIP Tess...
    I'm really sorry for your loss and for the additional heartbreak of not being able to be there to say goodbye, 4Ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

And how much is a bit ?

Cj..I agree with Dubstarr and if you don't mind me adding, you mentioned following the recipe exactly, this is always gonna land on the soft side of taste. I suggest double the amount of spices they suggest and also being your own boss and lashing in cumin, cayenne, turmeric, the world's your Oyster (sauce). I truly believe great Chiefs find themselves by accident, error and not giving a ****!
    Be brave with cooking. If it doesn't work out, so what!
    Balance tends to be key too so if there's lemon..add honey...if there's onion...add cumin to calm it etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement