Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Exactly, its like the dipsticks that know they should get into the correct lane because they'll be taking a slip road about 100 yards away but they stay in the overtaking lane until the last second then cut across 3 lanes because they own the road or take the bus lane and then try to get back into the correct lane...feck off and feck off anyone who let's them back in, self entitled, self absorbed, selfish gits who are usually wearing sunglasses with big cabbage heads on them.

The image in my head :D is of cabbages driving cars. Could explain a lot of the driving that goes on.

I think some of the failure to social distance is because some people don't engage their brains. I've once or twice asked someone to move back, in a shop queue and they shuffle back, looking blank, as though this is something I invented to inconvenience them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I was let go from one of my jobs by a manipulation on the contract. I should be thankful I still have my other job, but I am so annoyed they used that as a basis because I was too tired to cover a extra 6th shift on top of my own. If I ever see him on the street it won't go well for him!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Check the working time act, Alejandro, that doesn't sound too legal to me (from the outside, anyway), or ask Citizens Information.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The image in my head :D is of cabbages driving cars. Could explain a lot of the driving that goes on.

I think some of the failure to social distance is because some people don't engage their brains. I've once or twice asked someone to move back, in a shop queue and they shuffle back, looking blank, as though this is something I invented to inconvenience them.
    If it keeps happening I'll start employing that technique favoured by angry children: 'I'm gonna start swinging my arms around like this and if anyone comes into my space and gets hit it's their own fault!' :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

New Home wrote: »
    Check the working time act, Alejandro, that doesn't sound too legal to me (from the outside, anyway), or ask Citizens Information.

Thank you for that advise. I will look into it now.

• Advertisement

Kate is studying 6 ordinary level subjects in school. She was wants to do a course that requires about 500 points and she has no hope of achieving it: Kate’s parents encourage her and then everybody acts surprised on results day when she doesn’t get the points or offered her 1st choice.

I do know the points system is different now and she could get into her course through courses, etc eventually.

Was the seventh one foundation maths? :pac:

I've no problem with people doing it and moving as soon as they remember as it can happen when you're rushing or stressed but surely when they get the glare or look they should realise and move back. I skipped a queue heading into Tesco last week (only 2 in it and it didn't look like a queue) but I was loudly informed about it by the 'lady' in front..tbh she bugged me but she was right.

Re. the cabbage heads,think about it ,it's usually a portly,red faced person, wearing a shirt and tight fitting trousers (take my word for that ), 40s, shades and sweaty looking, who think they're extremely important in their workplace. I won't specify the usual gender or model of car as that would be non PC.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Who ever used the microwave before had it on defrost setting and never realised.

Put in some dinner to reheat, took it out & only lukewarm.

Hungry & have to wait even longer for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,089 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

On the Leaving Cert, it really annoyed me that my GF and her ma were speculating that because they didn't hear what the child of someone they knew or are related to got, that they clearly didn't do well. Bigger gossips than Janice Battersby.

'I wonder how Niamh got on'....'Oh we haven't heard. She must haven't have done great'.

Schandenfraude.

Absolutely obsessed with it. Unless its your own child, its no-one elses business.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,299 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The disc holder in my car is in the top corner of the windscreen from the previous owner which annoyed me.
    So, today I got a new disc holder I pulled off the old one, cleaned the windscreen and then I remembered I left the new disc holder at work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Will.I.Am...or however the **** you spell his name. He probably pronounces it in Lego.
    Assclown of the highest order.
    TA he exists.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Porklife wrote: »
    Will.I.Am...or however the **** you spell his name. He probably pronounces it in Lego.
    TA he exists.

Amen to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Porklife wrote: »
    TA he exists.
    Oh he's so annoying. I saw him on a couple of interviews where he pulled out the phone and started texting away while the interviewer was asking a question. Just ignored them.

TA that I noticed the TH thread today and realised I haven't posted anything in it for ages. I suppose I must face facts, I'm more a TA kind of guy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Oh he's so annoying. I saw him on a couple of interviews where he pulled out the phone and started texting away while the interviewer was asking a question. Just ignored them.

TA that I noticed the TH thread today and realised I haven't posted anything in it for ages. I suppose I must face facts, I'm more a TA kind of guy :(

He has ASD or something.Thats why hes hyper and loses concentration.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

dubstarr wrote: »
    He has ASD or something.Thats why hes hyper and loses concentration.

I like him , he does so much to help children get proper schooling etc , not too many see past his superstar persona .

TA , I'm tired but know I won't sleep if I go to bed .

I just heard over the radio that there's another Cinderella movie being filmed. Why! Why does there have to be so many!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Be right back

People that park on double yellow lines when there is a free car park around the corner.

People smoking in the lobby of a bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I had a right pain in the hole yesterday - forgot to mention it here.

So at the moment I'm cleaning a school during the day and locking it up at night. The keys to the school are with my own set of keys.
    It was also Friday, and that's the day I usually hand my timesheet to a coworker to drop into the office for me on their way home (they always go to the main office after a shift - I never do, so they offered to hand in mine to save me the hassle).

TA'd that I forgot the keys, and had to get my poor other half to detour on her way to me to grab the keys from the house, and also TA'd that I left my timesheet at home.

I rang my boss frantic, panicking - as she's really strict on when she gets those timesheets. I was gonna tell her I'd drop them in first thing in the morning.

Thankfully she said "don't be killing yourself, just take a photograph with your phone love"

Finally: I'm TA'd that I don't appreciate how nice my boss is often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I just heard over the radio that there's another Cinderella movie being filmed. Why! Why does there have to be so many!

Bhí Cinder, agus Cinder eile, agus Cinder eile eile, agus...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Most but not every time I type the word software on a keyboard it ends up coming out as sofatware.

GettyImages-172586047-609x419.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Be right back

Written by and starring James Corden!! Worse again.

Written by and starring James Corden!! Worse again.

Probably wrote himself a big musical number :rolleyes:

It'll never live up to the Brandy and Whoopi version :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Getting the evil eye off you're man in the bakery earlier because I asked him to slice my sour dough bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Archeron

I stupidly had a large top heavy cactus on the top shelf of a wobbly unit, this thing is about 36 inches high. I knocked the wobbly unit, and cactus went tumbling. As I instinctively reached out to catch it my brain realized that wasn't a good plan but too late :(

I counted over 40 spikes that I pulled put of my hand, and I think some got embedded so now have to try and ease them out with a tweezers.

Stupid cactus

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

People that park on double yellow lines when there is a free car park around the corner.

People smoking in the lobby of a bookies.

Just saw exactly that scenario. Car on double yellows outside an off licence. Bus and line of cars behind the bus trying to squeeze by. There's s car park literally across the road. It would have taken about one minute if that, for the driver to park there. FFS!

In our estate, there are parking spaces designated to specific households (by door number) around the corner from our house. We went out to get some things out of Lidl and, when we arrived, we noticed that someone parked in our next door neighbour's space.

That's not what annoyed us. What pissed us off was our next door neighbour decided to PARK HIS WORK VAN IN OUR SPACE, KNOWING THAT WE USE IT!

I don't have the bottle to say anything as I've never interacted with them once and I don't want to risk long-term awkwardness going forward, and herself has enough on her plate to risk an uncomfortable situation like that. So HERE I AM, WHINING ON THE INTERNET LIKE AN ABSOLUTE WEAPON :pac::pac:

UPDATE:
    Found out the culprits who parked in the neighbour's spot. Two young lads, roughly 18 years of age or thereabouts, with about 15 friends coming out of a house and scattering off. Disrespectful pr1cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

New Facebook layout
    New Wordpress editor
    New Blogger layout

All complex and user-unfriendly

New Facebook layout
    New Wordpress editor
    New Blogger layout

All complex and user-unfriendly

That facebook layout is the worst I've seen.

Whenever they changed their look in the past, I got used to it, but they've made the website look as if you're using a massive 27 inch tablet screen. All the menus and links look like they need to be tapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I know this is TA'd but just as an aside please don't be too judgemental of people parking very badly. I have not and can not learn how to parallel park even though I've really tried so I know I park really badly at times but I just have no choice. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I know this is TA'd but just as an aside please don't be too judgemental of people parking very badly. I have not and can not learn how to parallel park even though I've really tried so I know I park really badly at times but I just have no choice. :D:D:D

We're only judgemental on bad parkers when it becomes an inconvenience for other drivers who can't park their car properly as a result, or do park their car properly then some ring piece decides to park their car so close to yours, you can't get into your car but they have acres of space getting out of theirs.

I can see why parallel parking can be challenging to some.

Parking normally is easy, and an alarming number of mangled fuds somehow can't do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement