Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

When I open my browser it opens on a blank page and I have to click in the address bar to begin typing. On my laptop (same OS, same browser) I don't have to click - I can just begin typing. I mean, it's a blank page - unless I'm going to click on a bookmark what the hell else am I going to do but type in the address bar?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Beats getting a start page with Microsoft "News"feed. Maybe set a homepage?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

People not turning up to online meetings. Because I have nothing better to do at one of the busiest times of our work year than to sit staring at a blank screen. Extra TA because it's sunny outside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

New Home wrote: »

Hate that page. It is just click bait after click bait

Ah yes, MSN.

For those who are don't setup another profile like facebook / google etc etc.

Hint: Don't focus all your efforts on setting up your BING profile. Guess where that will recommend for your landing homepage?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

One of my "favourite" headlines from that pile of rubbish is "Millionaire poorer after divorce". You don't say! Well, I never!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Hundreds of spaces in the car park. I know it’s hundreds both from my eyes and the electronic counter at the entrance

And yet someone parks so damn close to my door I’ll be struggling to get in. Yep I’m inside the lines

If they want to park beside me well I cannot complain I guess but to block the drivers door?

It’s not fully blocked but it’s almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Hundreds of spaces in the car park. I know it’s hundreds both from my eyes and the electronic counter at the entrance

And yet someone parks so damn close to my door I’ll be struggling to get in. Yep I’m inside the lines

If they want to park beside me well I cannot complain I guess but to block the drivers door?

Worse when they pull up beside you and you haven't even got out of the car yet.

Like wtf is that about.

Happened me in Fonthill at homebase, pull up, engine still running. Van pulls in beside me.... Not messing there's about 20 spaces all in a row beside my car all getting closer to the door. It was silly o clock on Sunday morning only about 30 cars in the whole of the carpark. The space beside me must have looked the sexiest.

I couldn't get out the door so had to move the car. Granted there was a zillion spots to pick.... But that's not the point!!!!

And no I'm not fat, I was 8 months pregnant, there's no squishing a pregnancy bump. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Came back to my car one day to find someone badly parked with their car actually over the line, beside mine. There were loads of empty spaces, loads.

And if someone knows they are sh1te at parking, which they obviously were, why not pick a space with nothing parked beside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

nd if someone knows they are sh1te at parking, which they obviously were, why not pick a space with nothing parked beside them.

They use your car as a guide. If they tried to park in an empty area, they'd end up on their roof.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

They use your car as a guide. If they tried to park in an empty area, they'd end up on their roof.

:D

As long as they are not on my roof, let them at it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Went to the shop this morning specifically to buy strawberry jam. On the shelf, they had loads of raspberry jam, and I had to dig around a bit to find a jar of strawberry. Content that my rummaging has paid off, and I had found a jar of what appears to be a rare commodity at the moment, I bought it and headed home.

Just took it out to make a sandwich now. TAd to find that I actually bought raspberry jam after all.

its not the same but similar. This morning I was walking on the beach (yes lucky I know!) and decided to sit at the base of a small sand dune and just breath in the air and relax for 10 minutes looking out to sea. Very quiet beach at 10.30am, space everywhere, a few dog walkers and couples walking but thats about it. Then a man walking along takes out his phone and stops about 15 feet from me and starts making a call.... not walking..... just standing messing about with his phone, dialling, checking texts .... for ages !

FFS he had the entire beach but chose to do this almost on top of me! Creepy weirdo. Was so pissed off I got up, gave him a filthy look and left! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Someone dumped a used plaster on the milk shelf of my local supermarket. Unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Ah Poochie, I do appreciate you fitting in a double entendre for me there :P

Thank you Duvet, sure I know I'll be grand, just some days you know yourself, you'd prefer to just sleep. Nice to know that my posts aren't just annoying though :pac: (well to everyone :P)

I had a nice lunch and now I have wine so that helped, it really is the little things. Thank you for the hugs.

There really are some very lovely people on boards and what ye said cheered me up so thank you :)

At the risk of sounding like your mum, I think drinking alcohol when you're feeling low is only going to make you feel lower.. It's a double edged sword.
    The new time you have the wobbles, o outside for 10 minutes and enjoy the fresh air or download a meditation app and get lost in it. Yoga is also fantastic for mind and body too :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No matter what you do to them, how you dress them up, or what creative recipes you try, courgettes taste of nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Antares35 wrote: »
    In particular the way they have to be "smashed". Notions. Up there with "wilted spinach" - in my day wilted basically meant gone off -ish :D Also "deconstructed" food.

I'm the same with "pulled Pork" etc. It's basically the leftovers shredded!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    No matter what you do to them, how you dress them up, or what creative recipes you try, courgettes taste of nothing

Same with aubergines and radishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Archeron wrote: »
    I was sitting down having an ice cream in the grass in a park and a woman came over to sit near me. She kind of stumbled as she was sitting down and half sat half fell and as she did so, let a long loud wet fart :mad:
    Took the shine of my ice cream.

Ah that's gas though, I would have pissed meself laughing if I'm honest. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Archeron wrote: »
    I was sitting down having an ice cream in the grass in a park and a woman came over to sit near me. She kind of stumbled as she was sitting down and half sat half fell and as she did so, let a long loud wet fart :mad:
    Took the shine of my ice cream.
    It could have been worse, she could have blown your ice cream clean-off the cone :pac:

• Advertisement

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Ah that's gas though, I would have pissed meself laughing if I'm honest. :D:D:D

hit the nail on the head there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Council still left up diversion signs even though the work is completed.

Why do these job for life co. council eegits not take down signs after them ??

Same with aubergines and radishes.

For shame!!! Aubergines and courgettes and peppers and tomatoes and apricots and watermelons (etc) are all delicious, provided you get decent sun-ripened ones and not crappy greenhouse-forced ones.

That's how I feel about avocado. :D

That's how I feel about avocado. :D
    Agreed. They have a horrid texture, too.

For shame!!! Aubergines and courgettes and peppers and tomatoes and apricots and watermelons (etc) are all delicious, provided you get decent sun-ripened ones and not crappy greenhouse-forced ones.

You're probably right actually. I had handpicked fresh strawberries this year and my god, they were divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

As long as you don't eat these ones!

As long as you don't eat these ones!
    I wonder were they grown from the seeds people reported receiving through the post from a mysterious sender in China...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It could have been worse, she could have blown your ice cream clean-off the cone :pac:

Or given you a dribble of chocolate sauce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Happens to me too. Tormentors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement