Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Probably wrote himself a big musical number :rolleyes:

It'll never live up to the Brandy and Whoopi version :pac:

Of course he will have a big, solo number. Just read more about it. The fairy Godmother will be a genderless Godparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Of course he will have a big, solo number. Just read more about it. The fairy Godmother will be a genderless Godparent.

But but but I'm offended by the god bit.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Walkers who keep walking literally down a small by road, no interest ladies in looking at your fat arse with knicker line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

But but but I'm offended by the god bit.

:D

You're right, it should be just Parent!! That should please people!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You're right, it should be just Parent!! That should please people!

Some people chose to refer to them as “Guide Parents” or, even, as “Anam Cara”.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Some shīteology news ("news") article about what some celebrity eats in a day (and TAd with myself for reading it in the first place but there you go). At one point she is quoted, "like everyone else during lockdown, we were freaking out and panicking about how we would get fresh avocado" - yes, that's exactly what everyone else was freaking out about. Especially nurses and care home staff. Couldn't sleep thinking about where their next wánkery breakfast would come from. How is the weather up there in your smashed avocado ivory tower...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

The fascination with Avocados .Sure it is great as a well made guacamole. Other than that on it's own is very bland. Anything you have to season the **** out of it to taste good isn't worth eating.

The fascination with Avocados .Sure it is great as a well made guacamole. Other than that on it's own is very bland. Anything you have to season the **** out of it to taste good isn't worth eating.

In particular the way they have to be "smashed". Notions. Up there with "wilted spinach" - in my day wilted basically meant gone off -ish :D Also "deconstructed" food.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd I woke up smelling burning toast. Did a quick check around house & not a whiff of it anywhere.

Also TA'd I never joined the avocado brigade. Haven't tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My sister would have been into Avocados before they’d have become a fad apparently they are really tasty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA'd I woke up smelling burning toast. Did a quick check around house & not a whiff of it anywhere.

Also TA'd I never joined the avocado brigade. Haven't tried it.

https://www.healthline.com/health/smelling-burnt-toast#medical-conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Window is open so smell was probably outside somewhere.

Getting paranoid as ... by Dr Google now.

There was a piece online today about some celebrity who has just given birth. I don't know who she is, she has black hair. But anyway, I read the article purely to satisfy my pre-emptive TA that they would mention her age (media obsession with age and fertility beyond TAs me) and I was mildly TAd that it wasn't mentioned for once! But anyway, she's just had her baby now, this month, like in September. And they mentioned, "she was first spotted sporting her cute little bump in January" - sporting what exactly? Her blastocyst? It was a clear cut and paste presumably from the last pregnancy article which was probably about thirty seconds before this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I am so very very tired of life. I could gladly sleep for a hundred years or better yet just disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Antares35 wrote: »
    In particular the way they have to be "smashed". Notions. Up there with "wilted spinach" - in my day wilted basically meant gone off -ish :D Also "deconstructed" food.

And sunken soufflé, not that I’ve ever had one, but sounds like an excuse for a soufflé that collapsed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I am so very very tired of life. I could gladly sleep for a hundred years or better yet just disappear.

Hugs to you Phoenix. I know you have more struggles than most but it can be tiring just 'being' sometimes, and then a shift in the wind or an unexpected encounter can turn it around for another while.
    And as I know you enjoy a double entendre or two, there’s a joke in there about your shift coming soon but can’t quite pull it out ... :pac:

You've been through a lot recently P, give yourself time, life can be difficult particularly when people let you down. Mind yourself ,stop playing those sad songs as they're just upsetting you, try to look forward, not easy I know, certain things take a long time to get over ...keep posting as I need the laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Hugs. I feel like that too sometimes then something good happens even if it's just something small. A nice nap or a good breakie might cheer you up. :)

Antares35 wrote: »
    Some shīteology news (
    Shíteology is the new in thing. Becoming prolific on facebook. All Facebook types can be affected.
    Shítology has also infected the talking media, mainly news and current affairs stations and is easily detectable on the Sunday lunchtime news programmes too.

In bygone days, people would simply state
    "They're full of shít" and tune out with somebody,
    Today though you may be snookered if you can't talk about the latest shíteology with your superiors and betters, this has replaced ordinary everyday throwaway gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Windows 10, its a mess, hard to use, its a operating system designed for pcs,
    but it looks like it was designed to work on android tablets from 5 years ago.
    i Can find anything i want in windows 7. To make certain changes i have to google how to do this in windows 10.
    it looks like it was designed by a 17 year old who never used a pc
    and never used windows 7.
    Why does software get worse and harder to use .
    why is everyone using zoom,
    because microsoft screwed up skype making it harder to use and trying to make it look like instagram .
    Dose microsoft every test its software with ordinary users as opposed to programmers or tech experts .
    I can easily do anything on my android phone or tablet just by looking
    at the icons or settings menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Hugs to you Phoenix. I know you have more struggles than most but it can be tiring just 'being' sometimes, and then a shift in the wind or an unexpected encounter can turn it around for another while.
    And as I know you enjoy a double entendre or two, there’s a joke in there about your shift coming soon but can’t quite pull it out ... :pac:

Ah Poochie, I do appreciate you fitting in a double entendre for me there :P

You've been through a lot recently P, give yourself time, life can be difficult particularly when people let you down. Mind yourself ,stop playing those sad songs as they're just upsetting you, try to look forward, not easy I know, certain things take a long time to get over ...keep posting as I need the laughs.

Thank you Duvet, sure I know I'll be grand, just some days you know yourself, you'd prefer to just sleep. Nice to know that my posts aren't just annoying though :pac: (well to everyone :P)

Hugs. I feel like that too sometimes then something good happens even if it's just something small. A nice nap or a good breakie might cheer you up. :)

I had a nice lunch and now I have wine so that helped, it really is the little things. Thank you for the hugs.

There really are some very lovely people on boards and what ye said cheered me up so thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

I was sitting down having an ice cream in the grass in a park and a woman came over to sit near me. She kind of stumbled as she was sitting down and half sat half fell and as she did so, let a long loud wet fart :mad:
    Took the shine of my ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Gobsh!tes who ask a question in a group on a fb forum such as how do I clean this burnt pot? Google would be 100 times quicker

js35 wrote: »
    Gobsh!tes who ask a question in a group on a fb forum such as how do I clean this burnt pot? Google would be 100 times quicker

But did you reply with enough sympathy and molllycoddling.
    Or tell them to talk to Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Went into the chemist on saturday. There was only the pharmacist and one shop assistant. the shop assistant was talking to somebody. Just general chit-chat. talking about their kids and their jogging group. i was standing there for 5 minutes. eventually another assistant came out from the back and served me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

We're bang in the middle of a housing crisis yet RTE seems to have a disproportionate amount of "Home" themed programmes on their schedule such as Room to Improve and Home of the Year. It's a little insensitive and out of touch if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My mother complains to me about the new facebook layout as if I can magically change it back for her. I know you hate it, I hate it too. But unfortunately I have no control over a multi billion dollar company so you're just going to have to learn to live with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Not able today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Onshuh wrote: »
    Not able today.

Same. Just can't even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Waiting in for other peoples packages and its lovely out today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement