Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

AllForIt wrote: »
    Well they'd have to come here first before they'd know anything about us.
    And anyway they might not mind about any of that if the're just coming to eat us.
    They could have been watching our old TV broadcasts for years. By the time they get round to Keeping up with the Kardashians, Chelsea and Essex and all that reality show BS they will want to wipe us out for sure :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Remember those rod yokes? They were a “thing” for awhile. Then it turned out they were just moths, and other winged creatures, filmed at a certain speed.

Aliens aren’t “visiting” our planet. Not say they’re not out there, just saying they ain’t anywhere near us.

People seeing “flying saucers” are seeing experimental military craft, Chinese lanterns, birds or natural phenomenon.

how could you possibly even know this?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

bangkok wrote: »
    how could you possibly even know this?!

They don't, no one does. Always think it's very silly to come out with an opinion one way or the other. No one knows either way for sure.

I think to say anything seen is solely of our own making is silly.
    Just over 100 years ago we weren't able to fly, so to go from the Wright brothers craft to what people are possibly seeing now is impossible imo without some sort of help, interference or stumbling upon something we could try to backward engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Remember those rod yokes? They were a “thing” for awhile. Then it turned out they were just moths, and other winged creatures, filmed at a certain speed.

Aliens aren’t “visiting” our planet. Not say they’re not out there, just saying they ain’t anywhere near us.

People seeing “flying saucers” are seeing experimental military craft, Chinese lanterns, birds or natural phenomenon.

No offence Emmet but I'll take the word of someone like commander David Fravor over yourself.

The man has over 4000 hours flight time and him, along with 5 other pilots seen an unidentified object perform aerodynamic feats that no conventional aircraft can accomplish. The have FLIR footage of the object and it was tracked on radar.

The US airforce can't seem to explain it in terms of your suggestions so I don't know why we should accept them.

Fravor's account:
    “Well, we’ve got a real-world vector for you,” the radio operator said, according to Commander Fravor. For two weeks, the operator said, the Princeton had been tracking mysterious aircraft. The objects appeared suddenly at 80,000 feet, and then hurtled toward the sea, eventually stopping at 20,000 feet and hovering. Then they either dropped out of radar range or shot straight back up.

Hovering 50 feet above the churn was an aircraft of some kind — whitish — that was around 40 feet long and oval in shape. The craft was jumping around erratically, staying over the wave disturbance but not moving in any specific direction, Commander Fravor said. The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling.

But then the object peeled away. “It accelerated like nothing I’ve ever seen,” he said in the interview. He was, he said, “pretty weirded out.”
    The two fighter jets then conferred with the operations officer on the Princeton and were told to head to a rendezvous point 60 miles away, called the cap point, in aviation parlance.

They were en route and closing in when the Princeton radioed again. Radar had again picked up the strange aircraft.

“We were at least 40 miles away, and in less than a minute this thing was already at our cap point,” Commander Fravor, who has since retired from the Navy, said in the interview.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    No offence Emmet but I'll take the word of someone like commander David Fravor over yourself.

The man has over 4000 hours flight time and him, along with 5 other pilots seen an unidentified object perform aerodynamic feats that no conventional aircraft can accomplish. The have FLIR footage of the object and it was tracked on radar.

The US airforce can't seem to explain it in terms of your suggestions so I don't know why we should accept them.

Would love to see the bird that performs those manoevers :pac:

• Advertisement

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Would love to see the bird that performs those manoevers :pac:

Lex Fridman interviewed Fravor (you can see it a few posts above) and asked him to reply to the skeptics view that this was a bird, mass hallucination (6 pilots and multiple radar operators) or Fravor misreading the FLIR (Forward-looking infrared
    ) readings.

Mick West, prominent skeptic and video games engineer is the one who comes up with these theories. I don't know how Fravor kept so calm when rebutting these but as he rightly pointed out, how can someone who's never operated these systems say that trained pilots are misreading their equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

That lad Mick West shouldn't have even been entertained. To suggest to a military pilot of 20 years that he might have seen a bird or an odd cloud is laughable.

That lad Mick West shouldn't have even been entertained. To suggest to a military pilot of 20 years that he might have seen a bird or an odd cloud is laughable.
    He sounds like a total idiot.

Fravor stated that the object, whatever it was had lower temperature readings than the sea. It couldn't have been a bird.

He sounds like a total idiot.

The problem with the sceptic community is that they often wade into areas where they have no background to argue against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Right lads, will leave you “to it”. God is an astronaut, Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live. And all that.

Give my regards to Giorgio Tsoukalos and Agent Mulder!

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I watched a documentary a few years ago called " I know what I saw"

It was people with credibility talking about things they saw ... i thought it was interesting and well worth a look ....

Do I believe in ALIENS / UFOs???? The honest truth is I meet people every day I'm not sure are on this planet.... who knows ..

Update.....

https://youtu.be/oit3SSxJM4c

There you go....knock yourselves out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The universe is so big its almost impossible for there not to be life.

The problem is the time it takes to travel. The nearest planet to us which is capable of supporting life is anywhere from 4 to 13 light years away. Thats a minimum of traveling 4 years at the speed of light to get here. Not sure how these aliens could sustain that trip. Even if they could travel at light speed. Food, fuel, health etc. Just can't see it.

Right lads, will leave you “to it”. God is an astronaut, Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live. And all that.

Give my regards to Giorgio Tsoukalos and Agent Mulder!

Called out on talking scutter and that's the best you can come up with.
    If the aliens do actually perform anal probes, I'll send them your way.

The Nal wrote: »

The problem is the time it takes to travel. The nearest planet to us which is capable of supporting life is anywhere from 4 to 13 light years away. Thats a minimum of traveling 4 years at the speed of light to get here. Not sure how these aliens could sustain that trip. Even if they could travel at light speed. Food, fuel, health etc. Just can't see it.

Maybe it's like flying a lad from the stone age from Ireland to Australia in a day. He wouldn't understand how it's done.
    As far as we know speed of light travel would take a lot of energy and a long time. We have no clue what technological advances may have been made by civilisations far more advanced than us.
    Wormholes, interdimensional travel, could be anything.

I'll refrain from guessing on how they may travel and applying our current (very basic) level of technology for fear of being totally wrong.

maybe they can bend space and time and "pop" to wherever they need to go by using a wormhole.

45e9611843dd4f549f199a7cf2ba2701.jpg

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Maybe it's like flying a lad from the stone age from Ireland to Australia in a day. He wouldn't understand how it's done.
    As far as we know speed of light travel would take a lot of energy and a long time. We have no clue what technological advances may have been made by civilisations far more advanced than us.
    Wormholes, interdimensional travel, could be anything.

I'll refrain from guessing on how they may travel and applying our current (very basic) level of technology for fear of being totally wrong.
    bangkok wrote: »
    maybe they can bend space and time and "pop" to wherever they need to go by using a wormhole.

Entirely possible considering that there may have been life on other planets billions of years before earth. But I doubt they'd be flying around in small saucer shaped ships if they had sussed out wormholes and were capable of interdimensional travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

On this thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058113092/1

There is a discussion going on, It's claimed there may be evidence of microbial life on Venus. If true then for the first time in history it will be proven that we are not the only living things in this star system never mind our Universe or Galaxy.

Entirely possible considering that there may have been life on other planets billions of years before earth. But I doubt they'd be flying around in small saucer shaped ships if they had sussed out wormholes and were capable of interdimensional travel.

why not? there seems to be a big variance in the type of ufos being reported, some are huge, others carry 3-4 "beings", when Travis Walton was abducted he said he was taken aboard a small craft but when he came around he seen lots of craft as if he were in a giant craft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

It mightn't be entirely their own idea

They could be unmanned craft. We are sending out probes into space to explore so why shouldn't they?
    An advanced race would have super advanced computers and robots to help map space for them and investigate other worlds.
    Also you are thinking of them in terms of a human: 'they wouldn't do x or y because I wouldn't do it'.
    They might be absolutely nothing like us and so could do things that we find odd or irrational. They might feel the same way about us.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Butson

Think about it.
    Turn on the TV any evening, watch a nature documentary. Do the animals in that understand how or why we are watching / studying them?
    We even knock them out at times, give them an injection to help them on their way. We use drones to capture footage.

What if UFOs are drones? The tic tac ufo dropped from 60,000 feet to 5 feet in less than a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,605 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

jaxxx wrote: »
    This. UFO doesn't necessarily have to mean alien in origin. Plenty of things out there that we, the general public, don't know about. That's not conspiracy, that's just common sense. Of course there are government projects, private projects, etc that are purposefully kept top secret.

That being said, if there are actually any species alien to planet Earth reading this right now, give me a call please cos I don't relate to Homo sapiens at all! Think I'm probably from Uranus. Just don't abduct me or probe me anally or anything like that, that's all I ask! I just want to be friends!!

See. I never got this. If an alien were to abduct a person why they hell would it want to probe that persons anus?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AMKC wrote: »
    See. I never got this. If an alien were to abduct a person why they hell would it want to probe that persons anus?

Everyone knows aliens are perverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

That poster really doesn't like anyone disagreeing with him.

Rothko wrote: »
    That poster really doesn't like anyone disagreeing with him.

They really need to think before they speak then, people tend to disagree with BS :D

What is it with geeks and aliens? I mean, really? Aliens.

You lot honestly believe that aliens “beings” are zooming about our skies, anally probing yokels, leaving circles in crops and performing “surgery” on cattle?

Get real, lads. Open the curtains, it’s a lovely sunny day outside. Go for a walk, you’ll feel better for it.

The tide is turning…

You lot honestly believe that aliens “beings” are zooming about our skies, anally probing yokels, leaving circles in crops and performing “surgery” on cattle?

Get real, lads. Open the curtains, it’s a lovely sunny day outside. Go for a walk, you’ll feel better for it.

dont think i seen one poster saying that..

think you are the one that needs to get real, UFO's flying about Nuclear weapons bases, outmaneuvering the best aircraft we have, flying around our skies unchallenged...

you said last night you would leave us to it, but yet you still are here posting sly remarks. i think its you that needs to go out for a walk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Not one single person has said that. You're just losing the plot because someone holds the opinion of an expert in higher regard than yours.

Advertisement