Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30884774.html

It was suggested they were meteorites, yet they were seen flying off in a different direction at high speed. 3 pilots confirmed this. Pilots would be careful to speak out about these type of sightings as it would be damaging to their career, being known as the pilot who sees strange things as he or she flies a plane.

Richard Dolan's latest interview is insightful.

https://youtu.be/PhrVgptTaK8

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/insider/UFO-reporting.html

Also, this article makes me feel that we are on the cusp of finding out something very interesting. The two journalists seem to be credible and they have confirmed in an interview since that they did not reveal all of what they discovered from authentic sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

This is an area that I neither know nor understand.

On this basis alone it would be foolish to dismiss UFOLOGY, Supernatural or occult happenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/insider/UFO-reporting.html

Also, this article makes me feel that we are on the cusp of finding out something very interesting. The two journalists seem to be credible and they have confirmed in an interview since that they did not reveal all of what they discovered from authentic sources.

Leslie Keen isn’t credible, and neither is Tom DeLonge or others inside the circle ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

With all the satilite photos they take everyday no ufos have appeared. But it's like God you believe or don't believe

• Advertisement

What about Richard Dolan? I also have good faith in David Fravor. I'm not saying aliens but I do think now more than ever it is acceptable to have an open mind that crafts are in our skies that were not manufactured by humans. The Nimitz and Tic Tac (not the mint) videos along with other recent official statements certainly add weight to the question.

Tom Delonge, unfortunately and regardless of his efforts in the field, makes it easier to discredit all other findings and reports. But I see where you are coming from.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

settled.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Anybody ever hear of the Black Knight Satellite?

https://www.space.com/what-is-the-black-knight.html

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    With all the satilite photos they take everyday no ufos have appeared. But it's like God you believe or don't believe

How do you mean? I've seen unexplained phenomena as documented in this thread. My numerous degrees and my professional role says I saw what I saw.
    No amount of distractionary drivel posted will change that.
    Aliens maybe, re belief? But UFOs?? Don't be soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What about Richard Dolan? I also have good faith in David Fravor. I'm not saying aliens but I do think now more than ever it is acceptable to have an open mind that crafts are in our skies that were not manufactured by humans. The Nimitz and Tic Tac (not the mint) videos along with other recent official statements certainly add weight to the question.

Tom Delonge, unfortunately and regardless of his efforts in the field, makes it easier to discredit all other findings and reports. But I see where you are coming from.

Not really. I’m going to wait to hear from the aliens myself for proof of their existence.
    https://badufos.blogspot.com/2020/06/richard-dolan-three-strikes-and-youre.html?m=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Psychlops wrote: »
    Anybody ever hear of the Black Knight Satellite?

https://www.space.com/what-is-the-black-knight.html

Yes, but it's a myth isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Two intriguing cases here. First one known as the Kera object, where a mini ufo was found by a group of boys in Japan in 1972. Second case known as the Betz Sphere, where a mysterious metal ball was found by a family in Florida in 1974.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ipso wrote: »
    Leslie Keen isn’t credible, and neither is Tom DeLonge or others inside the circle ****.

Could you back up your claims about Leslie Kean? Tom DeLonge didn't write the article thank god, however Kean is a well regarded writer.

David Fravor is the gold standard. He has over 4000 hours of flight time under his belt. His sighting was also backed up by radar.

Agreed! Interesting times ahead

The Bob Lazar story is interesting. Yes, his qualification history is undocumented but his claim that part of his history was erased to discredit him is evidential in the way in which he was indeed employed by Los Alamos laboratory (pay slips and his name in their phone book) and at a later court hearing (installing cctv cameras in a brothel) when he was facing 5 years imprisonment. Again, he claimed to work at Los Alamos and the judge confirmed this. This would have been the time to come clean if he had to. Los Alamos denied he ever worked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

The Bob Lazar story is interesting. Yes, his qualification history is undocumented but his claim that part of his history was erased to discredit him is evidential in the way in which he was indeed employed by Los Alamos laboratory (pay slips and his name in their phone book) and at a later court hearing (installing cctv cameras in a brothel) when he was facing 5 years imprisonment. Again, he claimed to work at Los Alamos and the judge confirmed this. This would have been the time to come clean if he had to. Los Alamos denied he ever worked there.

Watched the documentary about Lazar by Jeremy Corbell recently and the thing that makes him so believable is that he really doesn't give a fcuk wether you believe him or not!

I find that Corbell does not do him any favours though, it could have been stripped back and just told the story like it was on Joe Rogan. I'll be the first to admit that there were areas where people could raise doubt about him in the past but anyone who has looked into the story will see that gradually most of what he said has been proven.

The new Pentagon UAP task force along with the Times article add fuel to it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

I find that Corbell does not do him any favours though, it could have been stripped back and just told the story like it was on Joe Rogan. I'll be the first to admit that there were areas where people could raise doubt about him in the past but anyone who has looked into the story will see that gradually most of what he said has been proven.

The new Pentagon UAP task force along with the Times article add fuel to it all.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of Corbells docs, the one on skinwalker for example didn't add anything new to the story, but the one on Lazar I found interesting as it gave a bit more insight into the man himself which was missing from a lot of other docs and articles about him. It was also interesting that he was raided by the FBI and other agencies during the making of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

David Fravor (the US airforce pilot who spotted the tictac ufo) does a very in depth podcast with the man who will probably take over from Joe Rogan on YouTube, Lex Fridman.

Great interview and you could listen to Fravor all day. Sound guy and very inspiring to say the least.

https://youtu.be/aB8zcAttP1E

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

David Fravor (the US airforce pilot who spotted the tictac ufo) does a very in depth podcast with the man who will probably take over from Joe Rogan on YouTube, Lex Fridman.

Great interview and you could listen to Fravor all day. Sound guy and very inspiring to say the least.

I sometimes worm at Los Alamos and I'm fairly certain Bob did work there. Listen some of his story is a bit fishy such as the claim he went to MIT. However, Los Alamos certainly denied he worked there until his name was found in the phone book and a local newspaper descried him as a staff physicist. You don't get to that position without at least a master's degree.

People have also obtained his pay slips for the department of Naval intelligence which suggests he did work on classified projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

David Fravor (the US Navy pilot who spotted the tictac ufo) does a very in depth podcast with the man who will probably take over from Joe Rogan on YouTube, Lex Fridman.

FYP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Watched the documentary about Lazar by Jeremy Corbell recently and the thing that makes him so believable is that he really doesn't give a fcuk wether you believe him or not!

I agree with the above, Corbell was the wrong man for that documentary.

But, Lazar is believable enough. He has emerging evidence on his side.

The way I see his story is:

Even if we don't all as regular people understand Einstein's theories in detail, we can accept that space and time are a mesh, a combined fabric. We can accept that the nature of gravity is yet to be fully understood and that it acts as a sort of well or warp in spacetime. We can also accept that Einstein reaches his limits with the limit of speed being the speed of light.

Now, all those being our human understanding, we can't figure out how to travel between star systems without it taking 70 millenia. So what do we need? A propulsion system that exactly overcomes, almost to the letter, Einstein's theories. Which is what Lazar demonstrates, precisely. A very simple setup that exactly meets human understanding.

Either Einstein really is the greatest genius in the history of the Universe and every advanced civilisation has overcome the same limits in the same way, or thats a bit too convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A lot of people say aliens can't exist or they would have visited us and made themselves known by now.
    Take a look around, we are the most territorial, violent, irrational, homicidal creature on this planet.
    Why on earth would any advanced race in their right mind want to come anywhere near us?
    It would be like me shaking a wasps nest and shouting 'hello! is anyone in there?'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

A lot of people say aliens can't exist or they would have visited us and made themselves known by now.
    Take a look around, we are the most territorial, violent, irrational, homicidal creature on this planet.
    Why on earth would any advanced race in their right mind want to come anywhere near us?
    It would be like me shaking a wasps nest and shouting 'hello! is anyone in there?'.

Don't agree with the analogy, if you shook a wasps nest they could do serious harm or even kill you.

If there is someone out there advanced enough to get here we'd be less than an annoying buzzing fly to them when it comes to trying to hurt them or defend ourselves.

I'm sure we're very interesting to them. Imagine if we could somehow monitor a group of neanderthals just to see what they get up to, it'd be like looking at our past selves (I know we aren't descended from neanderthals).

Maybe where they are now is where we're heading and it's a way of them to see living history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

So I think there is something out there we don't know about or understand, but it's terrestrial and not extra terrestrial, some atmospheric phenomenon or entity that has always shared the plant with us, but is mostly hidden and not on our radar. I have no Idea what it is but I suspect that they are not from other planets....

Something along the lines of ball lightening, another similar phenomenon, possibly intelligent?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

So I think there is something out there we don't know about or understand, but it's terrestrial and not extra terrestrial, some atmospheric phenomenon or entity that has always shared the plant with us, but is mostly hidden and not on our radar. I have no Idea what it is but I suspect that they are not from other planets....

Something along the lines of ball lightening, another similar phenomenon, possibly intelligent?

Remember those rod yokes? They were a “thing” for awhile. Then it turned out they were just moths, and other winged creatures, filmed at a certain speed.

Aliens aren’t “visiting” our planet. Not say they’re not out there, just saying they ain’t anywhere near us.

People seeing “flying saucers” are seeing experimental military craft, Chinese lanterns, birds or natural phenomenon.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Well they'd have to come here first before they'd know anything about us.
    And anyway they might not mind about any of that if the're just coming to eat us.

Advertisement