Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭saabsaab

If the tic tacs are man made why are the major powers still using rocket technology to launch satellites? Doesn't seem to make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

saabsaab wrote: »
    If the tic tacs are man made why are the major powers still using rocket technology to launch satellites? Doesn't seem to make sense.
    Well the theory is that there was a breakaway or crossroads of technology: NASA carried on with the old fashioned combustion technology while other sections of the Govt started to secretly develop more advanced propulsion systems.

The space program has sort of stalled since the 70s tbf, Von Braun claimed that we would be visiting Mars and have colonies on the Moon by the 80s I think.
    It is the same with weapons development, US, Russia, China etc want to keep everything top-secret, don't let the other crowd even get an inkling of what you've got.

It's interesting that in the big UFO wave of the early 50s in America, lots of high up people in military and govt thought that they were advanced Russian craft buzzing the US as an aggressive display of air superiority. They even asked Russia on the QT if they belonged to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

saabsaab wrote: »

If they are man made, whoever is suppressing it from major powers doesn't want us to know something.

If it turns out to be copied technology from UFOs this will potentially confirm the presence of extra terrestrial life forms.. which would possibly cause widespread panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

This^ relates also to the concept of free-energy systems.

You can only imagine the imbalance (of current) that would suddenly occur if some poor potatoe farmer in Egypt can suddenly run desal-plants, tractors, and all sorts of machinery for free 24/7, sure you'd never get any peace with folks whizzing about on hoverboards or zero-point gravitating themselves down to Barbados for the weekend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

There was one theory that the tic tac UFO is a top-secret craft belonging to US military.
    If that's true they have really been keeping us in the dark. It had no visible engine or means of propulsion, no wings, moved super-fast, and hovered completely still in strong winds, produced no heat, no exhaust fumes ect.

It would have to be anti-gravity technology and really, really advanced. If it is man-made then they have gone way ahead of anything we could have imagined.
    Even our space programs are still using more or less victorian technology, like.

They would have used it openly though?

Then again, the US has never had to fight an existential war.

• Advertisement

This^ relates also to the concept of free-energy systems.

You can only imagine the imbalance (of current) that would suddenly occur if some poor potatoe farmer in Egypt can suddenly run desal-plants, tractors, and all sorts of machinery for free 24/7, sure you'd never get any peace with folks whizzing about on hoverboards or zero-point gravitating themselves down to Barbados for the weekend.
    That's true. The entire fossil fuel industry would die overnight leaving some very pissed off billionaires. :)

Richard Dolan is a good source for all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

There was one theory that the tic tac UFO is a top-secret craft belonging to US military.
    If that's true they have really been keeping us in the dark. It had no visible engine or means of propulsion, no wings, moved super-fast, and hovered completely still in strong winds, produced no heat, no exhaust fumes ect.

It would have to be anti-gravity technology and really, really advanced. If it is man-made then they have gone way ahead of anything we could have imagined.
    Even our space programs are still using more or less victorian technology, like.

Good points well made...
    Would like some more videos though, apart from those poor quality little "tic tac" snippets we've all seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

With the projected number of planets with life estimates so high it would be no surprise that thousands would have civilisations massively ahead of our own.
    Why wouldn’t they observe us as a sort of living history lesson or sociology experiment.

Wasn’t there a Star Trek episode specifically about that happening.

No different to humans spending months in the jungle observing chimpanzee groups.

If there were a backwards civilisation on the moon you can bet we would be endlessly observing them.

Maybe we’re a sort of Truman show for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Butson

There is no way this stuff belongs to the US Military, or any military.
    It would be such a leap in technology behind anything we have ever seen. Why are Nasa still using rocket launchers to go to space?

Why did the US military, when going in to capture / kill their number one target (Bin Ladin) use helicopters, one of which crashed? This was 7 years after the tic tac video.

Watching Unidentified Season 2 on the History Channel at the moment. This stuff is going on all the time. The Tic Tac video is only one of many, which they hope will be released.

Butson wrote: »
    It would be such a leap in technology behind anything we have ever seen. Why are Nasa still using rocket launchers to go to space?

Why did the US military, when going in to capture / kill their number one target (Bin Ladin) use helicopters, one of which crashed? This was 7 years after the tic tac video.

Watching Unidentified Season 2 on the History Channel at the moment. This stuff is going on all the time. The Tic Tac video is only one of many, which they hope will be released.
    One reason people reckon is security. Free energy could totally change the planet but it also has the potential to be very destructive if it were used as a weapon.
    Another reason is the fossil fuel cartel have become so rich and powerful and they are not willing to just give all that up.
    Third reason is they can't make money off it like they can with normal elecrticity, you can't meter it and sell it.

Even with standard weapons the world's superpowers are very cloak and dagger. I read about some new plane the Americans had built, radical new design, very hush-hush. When US got involved in Bosnia, some of them wanted to use the plane in the war but the high ups wouldn't let them, they were paranoid about anyone seeing it, or shooting it down and capturing it. Same again with the first Gulf war, and again with the second.

The warplane can't be used in a war because their enemies might get a peek at it :pac: It will probably be obselete soon, if it isn't already, without ever being used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

One reason people reckon is security. Free energy could totally change the planet but it also has the potential to be very destructive if it were used as a weapon.
    Another reason is the fossil fuel cartel have become so rich and powerful and they are not willing to just give all that up.
    Third reason is they can't make money off it like they can with normal elecrticity, you can't meter it and sell it.

Even with standard weapons the world's superpowers are very cloak and dagger. I read about some new plane the Americans had built, radical new design, very hush-hush. When US got involved in Bosnia, some of them wanted to use the plane in the war but the high ups wouldn't let them, they were paranoid about anyone seeing it, or shooting it down and capturing it. Same again with the first Gulf war, and again with the second.

The warplane can't be used in a war because their enemies might get a peek at it :pac: It will probably be obselete soon, if it isn't already, without ever being used.

Interesting thinking. Free energy has its well known benefits but not many bring up the negatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Butson wrote: »

quote from Ben Rich...

"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity.... Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    it's like god you believe or you don't believe
    or moving statues
    Yesh, no, I'd say that's precisely the wrong way to go about it. The term "UFO" starts with "unidentified", and that's all it means: we haven't identified it. In the future we might, but there's a chance we might not, because the universe is so huge and spread out, with light years between stars.

Imagine for a minute that Star Wars was true: that a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, a galactic Empire rose, and fell, and who knows what else happened. The enormous amounts of time and distance involved would almost guarantee that we would never hear about it. It works the other way too: our civilization(s) will rise and fall, all our wars and worries will be resolved - one way or another - and it will all go unnoticed in a universal sense.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the Fermi Paradox yet, named after the physicist who once asked "where is everybody?" There are various hypotheses listed in that article for why we haven't been visited yet, or don't know about it if we have,

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Reading a book on Triangle UFO's atm by David Marler, really interesting including radar data & eyewitness accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The universe (both known and unknown) is so vast, it's absolutely unimaginably vast. There has to be other intelligent life out there. It would be very naive for us to think we are the only intelligent life in the universe. So yes, I do think there are little green men flying around out there somewhere. Have they ever come here, who knows, but they're out there.

But how would you even go about seeing a UFO?

Liedown on the grass and stare at the sky waiting for something to appear, or sit in the back garden at night looking up at the stars waiting for movement? I've seen nothing so far, and I guess most other people haven't either. Probably just a tiny minority of people worldwide who have witnessed something unidentified (and unexplained) in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

It's a shame this topic can't be discussed without referencing the obligatory 1950s tropes of little green men from Mars and flying saucers
    The latest terminolgy used by the Americans is unidentified aerial phenomenon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Liedown on the grass and stare at the sky waiting for something to appear, or sit in the back garden at night looking up at the stars waiting for movement? I've seen nothing so far, and I guess most other people haven't either. Probably just a tiny minority of people worldwide who have witnessed something unidentified (and unexplained) in the sky.

pure luck... in my case just going home one night in the car

I guess it just happens. Not too common but myself and some relations have seen them in the countryside also I fella I knew in ATC.

They are areas where sightings are said to be common. Even in parts of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Consciousness seems to be the big buzz word in Ufology at the moment. Steven Greer (I know, not a big fan either) really pushes the notion of CE5, which is a series of steps that can bring a sighting of a Ufo to you. Richard Dolan, along with others, has started bringing this up a lot too.

There is a new documentary called The Phenomenon which is well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

I believe in UFOs anyway

Happened again the other day , some lad ran past me and yelled fukk off

Thomas.. wrote: »
    I believe in UFOs anyway

Happened again the other day , some lad ran past me and yelled fukk off

U Ff Off

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

https://youtu.be/DPeiCIfAsx0
    Trump asked about the new Pentagon UAP task force today. That taskforce is weeks old, yet he mentions something he only saw two days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

About time, Science funnily enough has always steered clear of this & Skinwalker Ranch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's a shame this topic can't be discussed without referencing the obligatory 1950s tropes of little green men from Mars and flying saucers
    The latest terminolgy used by the Americans is unidentified aerial phenomenon.

*Checks thread title.

Yep, ok to talk about flying saucers.

• Advertisement

I'm beginning to wonder if these two or three grainy videos from the US Navy are the only verified sightings ever? I mean why don't we see many verified videos from many decades, why just these two or three B&W poor quality videos from the early 2000s :cool:

I want more, and I want good quality colour video.

I want to believe.

Advertisement