Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What Apn are ye using? My sim came blank so found a few online incl liffeytelecom (Tesco comes to mind) and 3ireland but finding fastest speeds are simply 3internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Delighted to port from gomo. Process went very smoothly. Nothing but hassle when attempted to port to gomo initially. Data speed gone from 3mb to consistently 25mb+ on LTE.

When swapping from GoMo to 48, do you need to contact GoMo at all or can you just port it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jdon72 wrote: »
    When swapping from GoMo to 48, do you need to contact GoMo at all or can you just port it over?

No need to contact gomo, just port over and this will close your gomo account.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Anyone got real world speeds for this! Previously left vodafone for gomo, great in the first few months but speeds went rapidly downhill, since covid, had to go back to vodafone for reliable service,

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

DopeTech wrote: »
    No need to contact gomo, just port over and this will close your gomo account.

And if you're not porting?

• Advertisement

And if you're not porting?

https://gomo.ie/when-you-leave/#cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

A data breach on a site or app exposed your passwordchrome recommends checking your saved passwords and changing your password on 48.ie now ....keep getting this bloody error while trying to login

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Never mind....sorted.Cleared the cache. BTW is this 100GB of 4G data in the bundle?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Speeds on 48 MUCH better at home, and should be better at work (if we ever return!) as Three masts are closer in both cases. I rarely got over 10 down with gomo, getting 30+ with 48. Already porting, and will move my mothers number also.

Anyone got real world speeds for this! Previously left vodafone for gomo, great in the first few months but speeds went rapidly downhill, since covid, had to go back to vodafone for reliable service,

It's kind of irrelevant to an extent what speeds others are getting as you may have great signal out and about but happen to live in a black spot. They are few and far between these days especially if you don't live in the sticks but it's always a good idea to try before you buy. It costs nothing to get the sim with 1gb data preloaded to test it out yourself. Then if you are not impressed you throw it away or if you are happy with it then you can decide when you want to port your number in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

DopeTech wrote: »
    You can move your number to 48 provided you are out of contract with Vodafone and your phone is network unlocked. When did you sign up to that current contract? If more than 24 months ago then you are definitely out of contract. Did you get the phone from Vodafone? To see if your phone is unlocked you would need to get a lend of a SIM from another network and pop it in your phone and see if it asks for a network unlock code (different to your pin/puk codes).

Alternatively you can request the NAC (unlock) code from Vodafone via their website. They will usually give them to bill users but it can be slow. Alternatively you can get your phone unlocked by buying the unlock code on eBay for most phones apart from iPhones. Prices vary though. Which phone is it?

thanks a mill for that. Im out of contract with vodafone so no issue there. My phone is iphone 6s I think...Great Ill check another sim and see what happens and take it from there. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Quackster wrote: »
    If you've a Gmail account, it's easy to use it for multiple 48 accounts. If your email is joebloggs@gmail.com, use joebloggs+1@gmail.com
    joebloggs+2@gmail.com
    joebloggs+3@gmail.com
    etc...

I didn't know of that way, it also works with a dots.

j.oebloggs@gmail.com
    joe.bloggs@gmail.com

or even
    j.o.e.b.l.o.g.g.s@gmail.com with go to joebloggs@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

thanks a mill for that. Im out of contract with vodafone so no issue there. My phone is iphone 6s I think...Great Ill check another sim and see what happens and take it from there. cheers

If you got the iPhone from Vodafone then it is almost definitely locked so request the unlock code before doing anything else. Don't port your number until the phone is unlocked.

Order the 48 SIM in the meantime to check coverage, you'll need another handset (borrow one if you don't have a spare) to try it out until iPhone is unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Anyone else having issues with getting the SIM delivered?

I ordered one back in June and it came within 2 days. Moving other people on to 48 now and ordered 3 SIMs last Monday and no sign of them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I ordered one back in June and it came within 2 days. Moving other people on to 48 now and ordered 3 SIMs last Monday and no sign of them yet.

Mine arrived today, ordered last Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

I've got 2 numbers (meself & herself) on a single Gomo account. I've setup 2 x 48 accounts and ordered sims. I'll be porting the 2 Gomo numbers to 2 seperate 48 accounts. Anyone do this ? Any complications ?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

_John C wrote: »
    I've got 2 numbers (meself & herself) on a single Gomo account. I've setup 2 x 48 accounts and ordered sims. I'll be porting the 2 Gomo numbers to 2 seperate 48 accounts. Anyone do this ? Any complications ?

Just ported one number from gomo, no issues, all done within the hour. Still have one gomo number left

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Just ported one number from gomo, no issues, all done within the hour. Still have one gomo number left

Thanks, its just that I read this and thought it may not be so straight forward. I assumed I had a "Business/Family account" as I've got 2 numbers on the one account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just received a Sim card there.

I have two phones here, my current one on 3 sim only plan and the 48.ie one.

My 3 phone has full 4G+ signal but the 48.ie one is only showing half strength 3G, have set it to LTE and restarted phone but not budging.

Does anyone know does 4G only become active when you purchase a subscription?

EDIT: Nevermind it's kicked in now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Couldn't find on website, but can anyone clarify what "All texts, all calls" means? Unlimited?

• Advertisement

Couldn't find on website, but can anyone clarify what "All texts, all calls" means? Unlimited?

10,000 minutes, 10,000 text

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-7-99-Promo-Offer/ta-p/53417

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

did we webbased speedtest.net download speed check.

Got 19-22Mbps at 4g

Redid the test 1hr later, and got 13Mbps.

Now I mainly got the SIM for calls, as I live in the middle of nowhere with spotty coverage, and the call coverage seems fine. However my wife is on 3ireland and is getting 28-31Mbps on 4G+

My recruiter sims ordered Thursday arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

How does the recruiting work? I've ordered two sims, can I register one and use that to recruit the other person/sim that I'll already have, or would I need to order another new sim after registering the first one?

hdl wrote: »
    How does the recruiting work? I've ordered two sims, can I register one and use that to recruit the other person/sim that I'll already have, or would I need to order another new sim after registering the first one?
    When you receive the 2 single sims sign up and activate one. Throw the other away. Sign into the account of the first one and you will have a recruit option at the bottom of the page where you can order up to 5 sims. When they arrive use one of these as the 2nd sim. That way both your sims will then get a free month.

When you receive the 2 single sims sign up and activate one. Throw the other away. Sign into the account of the first one and you will have a recruit option at the bottom of the page where you can order up to 5 sims. When they arrive use one of these as the 2nd sim. That way both your sims will then get a free month.

Unless they link specific SIMs to each login before dispatch then just use the 2nd SIM for a new sign up via referral link from the first SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi all just wondering has anyone any problems activating there call waiting with 48, i have 3 different handsets moved over to 48, can't get it working, I have it enable on all phones, customer support says it's a handset issue, on 3 different phones i don't think so, any information much appreciated.

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Glad I tried the SIM. Won't be moving from goMo, reception seemed no better than when I used to be with Tesco mobile.
    Had 4G on 3 bars and could barely get 0.5Mb

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering has anyone any problems activating there call waiting with 48, i have 3 different handsets moved over to 48, can't get it working, I have it enable on all phones, customer support says it's a handset issue, on 3 different phones i don't think so, any information much appreciated.

Tks

I had the same with my call waiting with GoMo, could not activate it no matter what smart phone I used. Put my SIM into an old Nokia non smart phone, keyed in *43# + send, perfect call waiting activated. Put SIM back into smart phone and perfect. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

TheDriver wrote: »
    Glad I tried the SIM. Won't be moving from goMo, reception seemed no better than when I used to be with Tesco mobile.
    Had 4G on 3 bars and could barely get 0.5Mb

Probably needs time to activate fully, switching airplane mode on/off might work

Advertisement