Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭beachhead

DopeTech wrote: »
    No it doesn't need to be the same device. It can be any. You just sign in the same as would on the website. Or you can just use the website instead if you don't want to use the app.
    Thanks DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Have been a 48 customer for yonks so am bloody annoyed I can't change to the new deal! To rub salt in the wound, I signed my kid up for a plan last week.....the day before they launched the new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Have been a 48 customer for yonks so am bloody annoyed I can't change to the new deal! To rub salt in the wound, I signed my kid up for a plan last week.....the day before they launched the new one!

If the SIM was activated on or after 8th Sep then the 7.99 option should be available.

Or else try the RECRUIT option to get more SIMs and activate them with a new email address. You would need to port out and back to keep the number so you'd need to decide if it's worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Darwin

Try writing a complaint to: support@48months.zendesk.com, the more of the existing customer base that complain the better the chance they might do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

hi all, Im unbelievably crap at understanding anything techie so bear with me...Could I just switch to this deal from my current vodafone package? Can I just keep my own phone and my normal number? Ive never changed my number in my 24 years of owning a phone!! thanks a mill, its a great deal. Im currently paying 25 a month so would love to change.

• Advertisement

hi all, Im unbelievably crap at understanding anything techie so bear with me...Could I just switch to this deal from my current vodafone package? Can I just keep my own phone and my normal number? Ive never changed my number in my 24 years of owning a phone!! thanks a mill, its a great deal. Im currently paying 25 a month so would love to change.

If your phone is locked to Vodafone then it would need to unlocked before using with 48 or any other network.

You can port your number but you don't have to..and IMO you should try out 48 for a few weeks before porting. If on bill pay with Vodafone you could switch your number to PAYG with Vodafone in the interim to keep it active and port afterwards. If it's a contract then you need to wait until the end of the contract before switching but you can still get a SIM from 48 and try it out in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

snowgal wrote: »

You can move your number to 48 provided you are out of contract with Vodafone and your phone is network unlocked. When did you sign up to that current contract? If more than 24 months ago then you are definitely out of contract. Did you get the phone from Vodafone? To see if your phone is unlocked you would need to get a lend of a SIM from another network and pop it in your phone and see if it asks for a network unlock code (different to your pin/puk codes).

Alternatively you can request the NAC (unlock) code from Vodafone via their website. They will usually give them to bill users but it can be slow. Alternatively you can get your phone unlocked by buying the unlock code on eBay for most phones apart from iPhones. Prices vary though. Which phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭newbie18892

I moved over to 48 yesterday from Vodafone. Really impressed with how painless to get myself all set up. It only took an hour this morning to switch my number. Mobile data has been consistently quick while out and about Dublin this morning so I signed up for the €7.99 deal on auto-renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

I might be interested in this. Anybody try using the SIM in a router? Were there any issues?

I might be interested in this. Anybody try using the SIM in a router? Were there any issues?

Shouldn't be any issues provided you are getting decent speeds, I briefly tested it as a mobile hotspot from my phone and it worked fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I remember someone mentioned for GoMo sim to activate the SIM in a phone first, then use in Router.

I remember someone mentioned for GoMo sim to activate the SIM in a phone first, then use in Router.

Not activate as such, but you need to remove the SIM pin as many routers won't have an option in the interface to enter a pin in.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I I signed up for the €7.99 deal on auto-renew.

Do you sign up for auto nenew over the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭newbie18892

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Do you sign up for auto nenew over the app?

I had to use their website to put in my card details and set up the auto-renew. It wouldn't do it in-app

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Mr.S wrote: »
    God their site is infuriating to order a sim, it says i'm not in Ireland (I am) - tried tethering and still says the same. Anyway around this!?
    Same happened for me in chrome on a PC. Worked in edge browser fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

How do you access the section where you can roll data over to the next month or donate it or whatever?
    I've been through every page logged in and I can't find it

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mr.S wrote: »
    Have tried about 5 different browsers at this stage and 3 different connections!
    If you're stuck, an existing 48 customer (I'm happy to oblige!) could order the SIM for you. Both parties would then get a free month under the 'refer a friend' programme. You'd have to be happy to share your address though.

How do you access the section where you can roll data over to the next month or donate it or whatever?
    I've been through every page logged in and I can't find it

Bottom left screen "Flexi Data"

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

We got your 48 SIM order and we'll let you know when it's on the way.
    how long dose it take to post ?

We got your 48 SIM order and we'll let you know when it's on the way.
    how long dose it take to post ?

They send a dispatch email and after that depends on An Post...a day or two after they send it.

• Advertisement

Does it receive the same strength signal as 3?

I have Gomo and 3, and the Gomo is near useless, but the 3 is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

should be same recption as 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Got mine today, ordered on the 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Bottom left screen "Flexi Data"

Cheers, looks like there's no way of doing it on desktop.
    And other options like adding credit were locked - I thought maybe there was an issue because I haven't renewed since the plans changed, and certain action were temporarily unavailable. But just did it OK on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

I ordered a sim from them a few months back but never used it, will it work for this new deal?

Does it receive the same strength signal as 3?

I have Gomo and 3, and the Gomo is near useless, but the 3 is ok.

Yeah I tested it and got identical speeds as I was getting on my 3 work SIM.

xtal191 wrote: »
    I ordered a sim from them a few months back but never used it, will it work for this new deal?

You might run into the same issue I had. I activated a SIM on Wednesday that I got a while back. It activated but the 7.99 plan wasn't visible, only the other 2. I contacted them on live chat and said they would have to raise a ticket for it and it could be 2-3 working days before I get an email back. Yesterday morning I checked the membership section and it had appeared. Still haven't got an email back from them but maybe they see that I signed up to it. All's well now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

xtal191 wrote: »

Yes, I just installed a sim I had there a few months with no issues. It has 1GB of free data on it and gave me the option of the €7.99 deal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 465 ✭✭TetraSonic55

pissed wrote: »
    Yes, I just installed a sim I had there a few months with no issues. It has 1GB of free data on it and gave me the option of the €7.99 deal.

That's weird, because I also ordered the sim when and never used it, but I'm not getting the deal.

• Advertisement

That's weird, because I also ordered the sim when and never used it, but I'm not getting the deal.

They're probably defaulting to previous plans only on logins active before 8th September. But the terms say that 7.99 is available to SIMs activated from 8th September so present your case to their "agents".

Advertisement