Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

can you still top up 48 network in the payzone outlets in the shop?.
    also can you get a 8 euro voucher or is it only 10 euro voucher?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

bassy wrote: »
    can you still top up 48 network in the payzone outlets in the shop?.
    also can you get a 8 euro voucher or is it only 10 euro voucher?.

Online only for top up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

castle2012 wrote: »
    Online only for top up

ah the must have done away with the top ups in shops that had payzone.remember yrs ago you could top up in payzone outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

Is there a cooling off period to check the coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

naughto wrote: »

No contract, its pre pay. You can leave whenever you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

What device have you the SIM in for those speeds?

I'm using my
    xiaomi mi mix 3 mobile phone that's the speeds I'm getting, with it,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

naughto wrote: »

You get 1g free when you get the SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭robwen

Is 48 no longer just for students? I had to give a fake DOB when I joined them before I think I had to be under 22 or 23

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is this accurate? https://coveragemap.comreg.ie/map

It seems to tally with my experience at various locations

Not completely.
    It states I have very good coverage in my area on GoMo.
    I can confirm in my garden I can make a call but data would slow as hell.
    In my house, I have no signal bars at all.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

robwen wrote: »
    Is 48 no longer just for students? I had to give a fake DOB when I joined them before I think I had to be under 22 or 23
    They must have changed that, this is from their about-us page:
    Is 48 a mobile network for students?
    No. Anyone and everyone can join 48. You can order a free SIM here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

byte wrote: »
    They must have changed that, this is from their about-us page:
    It's a goMo equivalent for three. Sell same thing as parent but at half the price. Student lark has gone.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

TheDriver wrote: »
    It's a goMo equivalent for three. Sell same thing as parent but at half the price. Student lark has gone.
    Ah! I hadn't realised that 48 is part of Three. That makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Does anybody know if this latest new promo €7.99 rate allows new customers who join 48.ie to continue with this membership price bundle for life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

Does anybody know if this latest new promo €7.99 rate allows new customers who join 48.ie to continue with this membership price bundle for life?

As far as I understand anyone who joins the €7.99 plan between now and November keeps the plan for life or until you switch again.

Apparently once you keep up the membership, it's yours even when the offer is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

As I glanced through the promo there was no actual reference to staying on this special €7.99 price for life. They just seem to mention a cut-off date in November. It does seem like an attractive offer and will probably dent GoMo's customer numbers in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Came across this info on their site about the full details of the plan. Seems to confirm that once you sign up to it, you keep the 7.99 price as long as you're with 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭omerin

How long is it taking for them to send sims, applied Tuesday and no email so far?

Ive had been with Vodafone ever since i got my first phone on payg or as company phone, will have to unlock a70 i got last year with ebay vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I was reading on their site that if you want to make an international call you need to top up your credit for calls outside your monthly membership. If you top up €20 credit how long is it valid for? I can't see that on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

omerin wrote: »
    How long is it taking for them to send sims, applied Tuesday and no email so far?

Ive had been with Vodafone ever since i got my first phone on payg or as company phone, will have to unlock a70 i got last year with ebay vendor.

You can ask Vodafone for the unlock code, it can be requested online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

omerin wrote: »

An a71 from eBay is almost certainly already unlocked. Did it specify it was locked to Vodafone ireland when you bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Can you check the coverage on the 48 Sim before you port over your existing number. Ie for a few days on the 48 number then disable that an port your own number to the Sim.?

OH is on a 60 pm contract with Three. This seems a no brainer but I'll be in the dog house if I port her on to a network with crappy coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Can you check the coverage on the 48 Sim before you port over your existing number. Ie for a few days on the 48 number then disable that an port your own number to the Sim.?

There's 1GB data on the SIM...you can try it out for free. To check call quality will require calling from another phone.

Porting can be done at any time...today, tomorrow, next week, next month or next year...the main thing to do is buy a membership before 10th November to keep 7.99 plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Cushtie wrote: »

OH is on a 60 pm contract with Three. This seems a no brainer but I'll be in the dog house if I port her on to a network with crappy coverage.
    I think the sim comes with 1gb data, or you could buy the 7.99 offer and try it for a few days then port over. You can use the sim/48 number for a while before porting over

gerard2210 wrote: »
    I think the sim comes with 1gb data, or you could buy the 7.99 offer and try it for a few days then port over. You can use the sim/48 number for a while before porting over

She should see no difference 48 vs three. Same as no difference between gomo vs eir (except those paying massive eir money who prefer to think there's a difference for the price)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Delighted to port from gomo. Process went very smoothly. Nothing but hassle when attempted to port to gomo initially. Data speed gone from 3mb to consistently 25mb+ on LTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Apologies if answered already but is it possible to have 2 sims on the one account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

Apologies if answered already but is it possible to have 2 sims on the one account?

Looking for same answer..I'd like to put four on one account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AFAIK each SIM needs it's own login/email. There shouldn't be any reason you can't use the same payment card for each SIM but if there is then they have a gift shop that allows topping up another number...
    https://48.ie/gift-shop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ten Pin wrote: »
    AFAIK each SIM needs it's own login/email. There shouldn't be any reason you can't use the same payment card for each SIM but if there is then they have a gift shop that allows topping up another number...
    https://48.ie/gift-shop
    If you've a Gmail account, it's easy to use it for multiple 48 accounts. If your email is joebloggs@gmail.com, use joebloggs+1@gmail.com
    joebloggs+2@gmail.com
    joebloggs+3@gmail.com
    etc...

Advertisement