Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

wiz569 wrote: »
    Should be billpay I think m8

Yea, bill pay.

I did the same when moving Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Ten Pin wrote: »

What I can read from this, correct me if I'm wrong. If you are in another EU country and call back home to Ireland it's free as in your package. But if you call a number in the country that you are in it's charged as a local call not an international call?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Hi lads.

Im currently on tesco mobile trying to port over to 48.

When i enter my 48 security code and click "move my number to 48", the 48 logo spins a few times but nothing happens.

Any ideas how to sort this lads?

Does the new 48 sim need to be in the phone to port over?

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

longcock wrote: »
    What I can read from this, correct me if I'm wrong. If you are in another EU country and call back home to Ireland it's free as in your package. But if you call a number in the country that you are in it's charged as a local call not an international call?

Unless 48 have some different rules,

when roaming all calls made to any EU country from the country you are in are included, mobile or landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Should be billpay I think m8
    FFVII wrote: »
    Yea, bill pay.

I did the same when moving Dad.

Thanks guys. Is this some quirk with 48? She is definitely prepay, but has 'registered' :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

Thanks guys. Is this some quirk with 48? She is definitely prepay, but has 'registered' :confused:

If she is with GoMo then she is billpay m8, its the only plan GoMo do :)

If she is with GoMo then she is billpay m8, its the only plan GoMo do :)

Ohhh crap!!!! Of course :) just didn't consider it as bill pay Doh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭breeno

Probably a silly question but I've never left a bill pay provider before. With Vodafone until contract expires on 22nd October Want to make sure I'm not charged for any period after that. Should I give 30 days notice and port over circa 22nd September or just wait and port out on 22/10? Sick of paying them 60 a month so want to make sure I don't owe them anything I don't need to while also not paying for two providers at once!

How do you contact web chat guys?

Cant see the option on the website

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

How do you contact web chat guys?

Cant see the option on the website

Cheers

See where its says contact us us by chat and the times they are open.?

Look to bottom right and look for a small chat now button.

I was trying all day and didn't see it. thought it was missing a tab ,was right there in front of me. Stupid placement to be honest.

• Advertisement

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    See where its says contact us us by chat and the times they are open.?

Look to bottom right and look for a small chat now button.

I was trying all day and didn't see it. thought it was missing a tab ,was right there in front of me. Stupid placement to be honest.

Cheers mate

Cant find the web chat button and i cant get my number to move.

Not a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

breeno wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but I've never left a bill pay provider before. With Vodafone until contract expires on 22nd October Want to make sure I'm not charged for any period after that. Should I give 30 days notice and port over circa 22nd September or just wait and port out on 22/10? Sick of paying them 60 a month so want to make sure I don't owe them anything I don't need to while also not paying for two providers at once!

Even when you are out of Contract you need to give them 30 days notice. The best way is to port your number 30 days before you contract ends this is effectually giving them 30 days notice. I know you will be paying 48 the same time you will be paying your final bill with Vodafone. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

breeno wrote: »

Might be worth paying the 7.99 and trying out 48 for a while before leaving Vodafone. You might find 48 coverage crap in your area. If your happy with 48 you can move, if not you could move to a cheaper Vodafone plan or move to post phone they're on the Vodafone network.
    I'm in Tuam and am getting poor enough speeds on 48.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Might be worth paying the 7.99 and trying out 48 for a while before leaving Vodafone. You might find 48 coverage crap in your area. If your happy with 48 you can move, if not you could move to a cheaper Vodafone plan or move to post phone they're on the Vodafone network.
    I'm in Tuam and am getting poor enough speeds on 48.

This is what I am doing at present. I have virgin fibre wifi at home so the fact I am only getting 2meg is not an issue. It is only for when I am out. Depending on where I am, I am seeing 30 meg in some places.

I just ordered a sim for someone in the country. They can test the data signal with the free 1gig starter allowance. This should tell her if it is suitable for her LTE modem.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone experiencing delays porting from GoMo?
    I initiated the port at 5.50pm.
    Got the code and my48 is still saying port in progress now at 10.20pm.

Is it just a case of doing it too late in the day and may happen in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Gumbo wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing delays porting from GoMo?
    I initiated the port at 5.50pm.
    Got the code and my48 is still saying port in progress now at 10.20pm.

Is it just a case of doing it too late in the day and may happen in the morning?

Their website say to port between 8am and 6pm, so you could've been too late. It should swap over in the morning though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

just a phone service forget internet is it any good

is this direct debit or pay as u go

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

torrevieja wrote: »
    just a phone service forget internet is it any good

is this direct debit or pay as u go

PAYG but you can set it up to renew automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

My dad is on the 10 euro eir prepay plan offering unlimited calls - for 28 days

He doesn't text or use data
    The 7.99 is better value
    International calls are cheaper on eir
    (UK 10c)
    Still 7.99 is a good deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    My dad is on the 10 euro eir prepay plan offering unlimited calls - for 28 days

He doesn't text or use data
    The 7.99 is better value
    International calls are cheaper on eir
    (UK 10c)
    Still 7.99 is a good deal

yea tried to order a new sim of eir but they keep asking for a mobile number which he never had ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

torrevieja wrote: »
    yea tried to order a new sim of eir but they keep asking for a mobile number which he never had ?

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

Just enter your own number on this form.

jdon72 wrote: »
    Their website say to port between 8am and 6pm, so you could've been too late. It should swap over in the morning though

Thanks. Just ported this morning.
    Now just waiting for the app/site to update to buy the membership!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any issues with 2FA texts with 48? Currently with GoMo but thinking of switching

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Pacifico wrote: »
    Any issues with 2FA texts with 48? Currently with GoMo but thinking of switching

2FA working fine on my 48.

Anyone sort voicemail on iPhone?
    When I press the voicemail button it calls nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Anyone sort voicemail on iPhone?
    When I press the voicemail button it calls nothing.

Just dial 171. The Voicemail button in the Phone app is for Visual Voicemail, which I don't think is supported outside the states.

Just dial 171. The Voicemail button in the Phone app is for Visual Voicemail, which I don't think is supported outside the states.

No the button works as a call to 171. Has worked this way since the beginning on previous networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

No the button works as a call to 171. Has worked this way since the beginning on previous networks.

Ah ok, I never used it previously on other networks. But just tried it there on 48 and I can confirm it doesn't do anything for me either. Calling 171 works fine though.

Maybe try reset Network Settings? But this will also wipe all saved WiFi passwords so you may not want to do that.

• Advertisement

Does 48 allow you to check your call history? Can't find it!

Advertisement