Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

pissed wrote: »
    Yes, I just installed a sim I had there a few months with no issues. It has 1GB of free data on it and gave me the option of the €7.99 deal.

Attached is screenshot of membership options. I had 1GB of free data but carried out a few speed tests to check coverage. Coverage is a lot better than Gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi all i moved over from Gomo to 48 2 days ago, I'm very happy with the service so far, long may it last,
    Attached pic of the speeds I'm getting indoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Just wondering about signing teens up to this. Does anyone know, if we order a sim and buy a membership for the 7.99, do you need to keep purchasing a new membership every month to keep the 7.99 price?

Or could you not purchase a new membership for one month, and then go back the following month and still get it for 7.99? Or would the price go up?

And also, I've ordered a sim to try it, can I then use that sim to sign up, or do you have to port from another network? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Do you need to keep purchasing a new membership every month to keep the 7.99 price?
    No

Or could you not purchase a new membership for one month, and then go back the following month and still get it for 7.99?
    Yes

Or would the price go up?
    No

And also, I've ordered a sim to try it, can I then use that sim to sign up?
    Yes

Do you have to port from another network?
    No

Answers in bold

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Answers in bold

Thanks very much Ted, very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Do you need to keep purchasing a new membership every month to keep the 7.99 price?
    No

Or could you not purchase a new membership for one month, and then go back the following month and still get it for 7.99?
    Yes

Or would the price go up?
    No

And also, I've ordered a sim to try it, can I then use that sim to sign up?
    Yes

Do you have to port from another network?
    No
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Answers in bold

Porting from another network: I would have thought Yes, since I'm already with 48 and cannot simply request a new 48 €7.99 sim and have them port my number from 48 old sim to 48 new sim!??

Porting from another network: I would have thought Yes, since I'm already with 48 and cannot simply request a new 48 €7.99 sim and have them port my number from 48 old sim to 48 new sim!??

That's a valid point...but....there's no obligation to port a number from another network to get the 7.99 plan. In your situation you would need to sign up as a new customer and separately port your current number out and back to get the 7.99 plan on your current number on the new SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Have been a 48 customer for yonks so am bloody annoyed I can't change to the new deal! To rub salt in the wound, I signed my kid up for a plan last week.....the day before they launched the new one!

eir send out sims for free. Port to them and then order a new 48 SIM and port back?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Is the new deal for 7.99 a calendar month or 28 days? Tried a search on this thread and on the site and can't find details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Is the new deal for 7.99 a calendar month or 28 days? Tried a search on this thread and on the site and can't find details.

Calendar month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

RoYoBo wrote: »

I signed up on 09/09/20 and it will auto renew on the 10/10/20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭orm0nd

MOH wrote: »
    Cheers, looks like there's no way of doing it on desktop.
    And other options like adding credit were locked - I thought maybe there was an issue because I haven't renewed since the plans changed, and certain action were temporarily unavailable. But just did it OK on mobile.

click on my 48 and the option should be available at bottom of screen on desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Hi all i moved over from Gomo to 48 2 days ago, I'm very happy with the service so far, long may it last,

I’m with GoMo also. Am I right to say data allowance with GoMo is 60GB per month? Any other obvious advantages of moving from GoMo to 48? Thanks

whodafunk wrote: »
    I’m with GoMo also. Am I right to say data allowance with GoMo is 60GB per month? Any other obvious advantages of moving from GoMo to 48? Thanks

Gomo has an 80gb allowance but if you go over they don't stop it they just slow it down. Advantage of 48 is the price and maybe speeds if 3 have better signal in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Can you purchase the 7.99 monthly membership for a full 12 months (€95.88) in one go or do you need to renew every month

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

whodafunk wrote:

Data allowance on GoMo is 80gb per month

longcock wrote: »
    Can you purchase the 7.99 monthly membership for a full 12 months (€95.88) in one go or do you need to renew every month

No you add your debit card and forget about it.

Apparently membership can be stacked (maybe that has changed), don't know how many can be bought in advance but there would be no real need to do that unless you had no card available in future months. And if a better deal with another network became available then you'd be kind of stuck with 48 as your advance payment is tied up with them. IMO there's almost no advantage to advance purchase of a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What do you do if you get the free SIM to try and then if you like it, can you port your number in then?
    Anyone with Gomo, how much notice do you give?

TheDriver wrote: »
    What do you do if you get the free SIM to try and then if you like it, can you port your number in then?
    Anyone with Gomo, how much notice do you give?

You don't need to give any notice to gomo. I switched from them to a sim I ordered from 48 a while back on Wednesday. You get 1gb of data to try it out. If you like it then request the port. Mine took about 15 minutes.

Just be sure to use a referral link when signing up so you and the referrer gets a free month! ;)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057998585

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Probably the fact 48 is not bill, it's prepay. Gomo is Sim only bill pay, you could potentially get hit with roaming charges outside the EU or on boats.
    Also if you didn't pay your bill you could potentially get a black mark when it comes to finance.
    Some people like Bill pay I personally prefer prepaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

The only problem with 48 is when you want to ring/text numbers outside what's included. You can't do it. My father wanted to reply to a UK text and couldn't. At least with Gomo you can. I have Gomo since it came out and the most I have been charged over the monthly is 30c for an MMS (which was sent in error). I have deleted the MMS address.
    I know for some the 48 reception is great but around West Cork and rural east Galway it is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

It is 80gb on gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Mr.S wrote: »
    Time it in such a way that you leave GoMo after your billing cycle is complete to avoid paying two networks.

Both billing periods are by calendar month - how would you avoid paying for 2 networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Both billing periods are by calendar month - how would you avoid paying for 2 networks?

My 48 billing period is from when I activated the SIM, so mid month

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

eir send out sims for free. Port to them and then order a new 48 SIM and port back?

They send out the sim for free but would you not have to sign up to one of their plans in order to get your number ported over?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is this accurate? https://coveragemap.comreg.ie/map

It seems to tally with my experience at various locations

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

JAMCAR wrote: »

What device have you the SIM in for those speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

I have three spare sim cards for this new 100Gb plan. You and I both get a month free. :-) PM me if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is this accurate? https://coveragemap.comreg.ie/map

It seems to tally with my experience at various locations
    That's a useful site, thanks for the link and seems to tally with my experience as well.

Advertisement