Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

State of Sean

Dolores giving her best bitch face to Melanie when she said no, jesus wept.

The 3 amigo's acting as cupid with Sean , Cringe!

Twisty neck Doug, Cluless!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Nearly 5 mins of the episode talking about high heels!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,723 ✭✭✭✭walshb

God love the FC writers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

Ah damn my Sky series link didn't work. For some reason it's saying the next episode to record is next Thursday. I'll catch it on demand later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

walshb wrote: »
    God love the FC writers...

You do mean fire the writers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Sparko wrote: »
    Ah damn my Sky series link didn't work. For some reason it's saying the next episode to record is next Thursday. I'll catch it on demand later.

You can watch it now on RTE+1..just started. My sky did the same, but I copped it in time to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

If the amount of people in the hungry pig actually bought something instead of yapping to Bob then he’d be coining it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Sky+ done a blinder again with the EPG 'This is RTE one HD' instead of where Fair City was supposed to be , had to manually record because its broken the series link!

526249.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Denny61

I think fair City has got to be the worst soap in these islands..the story lines are cringe inducing and woeful..the acting is pathetic....i gve this soap a year before its taken off..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Denny61 wrote: »
    I think fair City has got to be the worst soap in these islands..the story lines are cringe inducing and woeful..the acting is pathetic....i gve this soap a year before its taken off..
    Think I will just follow it on boards for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

If the amount of people in the hungry pig actually bought something instead of yapping to Bob then he’d be coining it

If Melanie, Erica and Doug bought something every time they've been in The Pig, Bob's financial woes would be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,298 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I really feel the guy who plays Sean is just being himself now!

Denny61 wrote: »

It’s going 30 years now..

Always poor, but right now and recently it’s the worst it has ever been...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I'm really glad fair city is back on our screens again,it almost feels like some kind of normality is coming back again. But the last 4 episodes have just been going around in circles, hopefully a few more of the cast start appearing and they can get some actual stories going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I was away for a few days and hit record for FC. Came home and sat down to watch 3 episodes and starting fast forwarding the sh1te bits. Turns out that I only watched about 3 minutes of those 3 awful episodes.

I'm really glad fair city is back on our screens again,it almost feels like some kind of normality is coming back again. But the last 4 episodes have just been going around in circles, hopefully a few more of the cast start appearing and they can get some actual stories going.

I think in a few weeks we'll say goodbye to this lot of cast and we'll have Paul, the Collins, Carol, Jane, etc. Doing the same thing.

They can't bring the Collinses back until they sort out that tiny couch and kitchen table.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It's really bad, you'd think with all the time the writers had in lockdown that they'd come up with something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Any sign of the rest of the cast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I think I’ve had my fill of Seán mincing around the street!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I haven't watched it since last year. Had a look last night to see what it was like since the restart. I lasted 10 minutes. Why would you bother? Plenty of better made more entertaining stuff on other channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭LordBasil

They should have picked up with some of the storylines from just before lockdown and see how they progressed while FC was off-screen;

Carole and that Priest - did they grow closer since April? Did Killo recover fully from his overdose?

Troy's secretive behaviour regarding his partner - did his bf visit/stay or did Troy go back to London

Sash and Orla's baby drama - did Orla pine for the baby during lockdown causing tension with Sash & Wayne?

Ger's war with Sharon - has lockdown made them re-evaluate their feud?

I hope these are addressed in the coming weeks. I would have preferred these storyline's over dancing and Doug and Erica's squabbling.

If they could only bring back around 15 characters I would have had;

Bob
    Renee
    Dolores
    Wayne
    Orla
    Sash
    Ger
    Sharon
    Hayley
    Will
    Bronagh
    Carole
    Priest Guy (Can't remember his name)
    Dean
    Paul

Even Dolores hasn't mention orlas girl baby. Or junior for that matter. And we have seen plenty of pete and plenty of Delores but I don't remember seeing them together, has lockdown split them up?

sligojoek wrote: »
    I haven't watched it since last year. Had a look last night to see what it was like since the restart. I lasted 10 minutes. Why would you bother? Plenty of better made more entertaining stuff on other channels.

Agreed..

I decided to watch a few episodes for first time in a few years, just to see how bad they’d handle Covid. They have not let me down. Utterly atrocious programme, and so bad now, that even a thread like this, where we all had great craic ripping the piss, is now dead, really...

How I miss stories like: the plan, Junior’s ear infection, Louise’s “where’s me money,” the bistros chopping tomatoes, Caddle and Greasy and Wheelchair Dan’s love triangle, and of course, the never fooking ending Katie in a box......those were the days!!

I’m out now. No more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

walshb wrote: »
    Agreed..

I decided to watch a few episodes for first time in a few years, just to see how bad they’d handle Covid. They have not let me down. Utterly atrocious programme, and so bad now, that even a thread like this, where we all had great craic ripping the piss, is now dead, really...

How I miss stories like: the plan, Junior’s ear infection, Louise’s “where’s me money, the bistros chopping tomatoes, Caddle and Greasy and Wheelchair Dan’s love triangle, and of course, the never fooking ending Katie in a box......those were the days!!

I’m out now. No more!!

Suuusssh....... they'll hear you!!!

If the writers are watching we'll have Ciaran renting out multiple containers, kidnapping the entire cast and putting them in said containers.

Social distancing sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭threetrees

There's basically 4 "stories":

Bob's broke,
    Dancing in the street,
    Doug and Erica are fighting (good excuse for social distancing, they can't be loved up)
    Will has turned over a new leaf, or has he?

I think we can expect 4 new stories in a couple of weeks from another Pod of actors, (pod pun intended).

I hate to put FC down but it really is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At least Renee is gone

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    At least Renee is gone

Gone for now, she will be back, wailing and shouting at Bob.
    Has Ellie been seen since she went to the gaeltacht summer last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poor Bob, she is awful

• Advertisement

Hopefully she’ll be hit on the head with a golf ball in Clifden.

I’m fairly sure Ellie has been in it since last year.
    If my memory is correct she had a party that Bob and Renee went out for and she just talked to her friends online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement