Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

This is dire. We are already bombarded with Covid 19 misery by rte, we don’t need a soap which is supposed to give us a bit of escapism ramming it down our throats. That story from the nurse about the old lady that died was shocking in how badly it was done. Stop shoehorning things that supposedly happened in carrigstown while it was locked down into every episode. And stop with the hand washing in every single bloody scene. People are not complete morons, they don’t need dolly or Renee to remind them of good hygiene.

Bring back Leo and his guitar, and Tommy Dillon riding all round him

Except now when we have Tommy 'entertaining' a lady....he'll spend 20 minutes washing his hands first. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Except now when we have Tommy 'entertaining' a lady....he'll spend 20 minutes washing his hands first. :pac:

He should disinfect something else too! Now that would be a bit of light entertainment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

This just gets worse and worse. So there they are Dolores Bob, Bob's wife and the young one whatever her name is and not one of them have a face mask on a disgrace. Two of them are wearing them stupid faceshieds which are not and never will be a face mask. The producers of Fair City and the whole show should be shut down. Good riddance. I did not think it could get any worse but it does. Time for Fair City to end it has run its course I think. Drop in some ammonium nitrate and light it up. I do not think anyone would miss it. I only watch it to see how bad it is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

This is dire. We are already bombarded with Covid 19 misery by rte, we don’t need a soap which is supposed to give us a bit of escapism ramming it down our throats. That story from the nurse about the old lady that died was shocking in how badly it was done. Stop shoehorning things that supposedly happened in carrigstown while it was locked down into every episode. And stop with the hand washing in every single bloody scene. People are not complete morons, they don’t need dolly or Renee to remind them of good hygiene.

Bring back Leo and his guitar, and Tommy Dillon riding all round him

I disagree. They should be doing all that as the Pandemic effects them too. It's not like they live in a different alternate Universe although this would have been a great way for them to get around it all. But no they live in the same one us so should be doing what has to be done just like we have to if we want to go out to a shop and not catch Covid. If they do not do it then people watching will say a look they do not do it why should we bother because people will do that thick or not.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What would Cristiano think if he saw how pally pally crazy nurse and muppet will are getting? like she couldn't stand him before lockdown and now there best pals sharing their feelings with one another, FFS!

Where is Cris, back in Brazil with Jake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,298 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Out of all of them. I really feel the actress who plays Mairead must find this all so cringey!

I wasn't watching tonight but I happened to see the dancing scene, and I knew Fair City jumped the shark.

I will probably hang around here to keep up until an interesting storyline happens again.

Ms

You really have to feel for Bob do. He is probably the only good actor in the whole show. I only watch it form thf laughs.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

What would Cristiano think if he saw how pally pally crazy nurse and muppet will are getting? like she couldn't stand him before lockdown and now there best pals sharing their feelings with one another, FFS!

Covid was their Vietnam. They’ve created a bond. You weren’t there man, you wouldn’t understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Ah it’s awful muck. It goes from complete misery - to business being bad for Bob, and all the Covid stuff being rammed down our throats, to absolutely rubbish filler like dancing in the street.

I wouldn’t mind, when they did show Sean dancing, the camera work was awful. He’s an absolutely amazing dancer, but when he was doing his spins and handstands, the camera was zoomed in you couldn’t even see it properly.

Even just looking at it feels miserable - with the lack of extras, the place just looks empty. Eastenders have done this so well. Obviously they are working with the same social distancing restrictions, but they’ve made it feel business as usual for the most part. Albert Square is bustling and they still have the usual extras in the background. And while Covid is mentioned, it pretty much takes a backseat, whereas in Fair City, it’s the main storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Cris, back in Brazil with Jake?

Seems so long ago now but I remember him packing his bags and leaving a few weeks before they ran out of episodes.

Hope they don't bring back that annoying kid with the stupid name who overdosed on drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Oh to back in the halcyon days of Fair City.... times when Dr. Oakley controlled the cult with his toy red gun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Who's new girl.. Will she be gers daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

AMKC wrote: »
    This just gets worse and worse. So there they are Dolores Bob, Bob's wife and the young one whatever her name is and not one of them have a face mask on a disgrace. Two of them are wearing them stupid faceshieds which are not and never will be a face mask. The producers of Fair City and the whole show should be shut down. Good riddance. I did not think it could get any worse but it does. Time for Fair City to end it has run its course I think. Drop in some ammonium nitrate and light it up. I do not think anyone would miss it. I only watch it to see how bad it is.

Are you actually taking this covid farce as gospel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭threetrees

I like to find the good things about fair city and I really didn't want to believe all the previous posts but honestly, it's total crap. I just hope that they are re introducing characters before proper storylines!

threetrees wrote: »
    I like to find the good things about fair city and I really didn't want to believe all the previous posts but honestly, it's total crap. I just hope that they are re introducing characters before proper storylines!

I read an article a few weeks ago and I got the impression they were putting bigger stories on hold for the moment.

This thread has been hopping since the show came back on, I for one was cracking up laughing at the page after page of posts escalating from "It's gone downhill" to "it's gone down the toilet"!

Has Bob forgot about Turlough, who died left him his house and money yet comments on Dolly's winfall from a bereavement inheritance

dave1982 wrote: »
    Who's new girl.. Will she be gers daughter

You mean the one of DWTS Irl, I'd say that was her part, dance with Sean as the actor was on the show, pointless and stupid

I'm surprised Doug and Erica didn't join the "outside dance class" Damo's social mediaing brought no extras besides the dancer one and poor Mondo his non existent footy career over as he is injured

• Registered Users Posts: 18,117 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

You mean the one of DWTS Irl, I'd say that was her part, dance with Sean as the actor was on the show, pointless and stupid

I'm surprised Doug and Erica didn't join the "outside dance class" Damo's social mediaing brought no extras besides the dancer one and poor Mondo his non existent footy career over as he is injured

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that she is a new 'love interest' for Sean, so I don't think that was just a quick five minute cameo appearance.

• Advertisement

She can’t act so she’ll fit right in.

Vinos and Hotpots very busy but no one around for the epic dancing on the street

Is Sean working in Spar, Chariot and Station while dance teaching?

Looks like Bob is eyeing up burning the Pig not knowing Erica is upstairs in the flat, I thought she was in Hayley's flat ( Carol's flat) insurance scam never end well

Looks like Bob is eyeing up burning the Pig not knowing Erica is upstairs in the flat, I thought she was in Hayley's flat ( Carol's flat) insurance scam never end well

Hopefully they’ll be a few of them with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think Hayley's flat is above.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hopefully they’ll be a few of them with her!

Ok...you decide.....

Pick 6 people from a maximum of 3 different households, that should be in the flat as the time.

Ok...you decide.....

Pick 6 people from a maximum of 3 different households, that should be in the flat as the time.

Household 1
    Renee, Ellie(Sometimes)
    Household 2
    Wayne, Orla.
    Household 3
    Lee and Darragh.

Juliet to be hit with falling masonry from the fire.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm sure I read somewhere recently that she is a new 'love interest' for Sean, so I don't think that was just a quick five minute cameo appearance.

FFS next the Carter fella will be on as a her ex, rival

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Renee is some bitch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

Renee is some bitch

An absolute wagon

Go On Bob, don't thank that crap. That scene just made up terrible episodes since Fair City came back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement