Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can somebody please tell me this is a strange dream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Melanie to Bobs rescue again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

This is fcuking cat melodeon..

Unbelievable it could be 10 times worse than the crap we watched the past 6 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Seems to be only the same group of actors that will be on for the week, no sign of Paul or Carol etc.

And what was that Melanie came up with, Bob's two pregnant waitresses, who were both booked in for scans.... on a Saturday night. And Bronagh just buys it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Karen Byrne. OMG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is so silly, they are bringing dancing with the stars into this...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

owlbethere wrote: »
    Before covid they were all over each other. Now with social distancing, they need to be kept apart instead of shifting and riding around carrigstown. It makes sense now to have them fighting because of the social distancing.

Yes but pre covid they were not living together so the fact the moved in together during lockdown and now dont get on, is a good indication they should just end the relationship.

Like the old saying goes, come live with me if you want to know me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Is Sean... not able to ride a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    This is fcuking cat melodeon..

Unbelievable it could be 10 times worse than the crap we watched the past 6 years or so.

Bring back the writers that have been replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

I wish it never came back!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭LordBasil

Dire, absolutely dire. They had 5 months to plan their return and the best they can come up with is this utter drivel, nothing happening, cringeworthy dancing, Will being made out to be a saint.... wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Jaysus Melanie is a right business genius. How did she come up with the idea that Bob needs to cut costs. Incredible business acumen I must say. That degree being put to good use

As an aside did anyone see the ad on the notice board for tommy Dillon gardening services. “No job too small” No lady off limits either tommy ya divil ya

• Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I watched the first episode on Sunday out of curiosity and it was so bad it was funny. The social distancing in it was very badly done then in the medical centre and the sopposidr doctors not even wearing facemasks Very bad. If it was outside ok but no inside so very badly done. Poor Bob do. You would think he would have learned by now especially considering he has been homeless already. Family are the worst people to lend money too no matter how much you love them. Either set conditions first and make sure they agree or do not do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ladybrandy

Melanie was right what she said about Will its like what happened to poor Christano never happend and his some sort of hero now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jesus, Delores seems to be everywhere, shouldn't she be coocing?

Jesus, Delores seems to be everywhere, shouldn't she be coocing?

Next we'll find out she's babysitting Junior and he'll be having play dates but they'll all be using hand sanitizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

No sign of the pubs now? Karen from dancing with the stars will she be permanent?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

thesultan wrote: »
    No sign of the pubs now? Karen from dancing with the stars will she be permanent?

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0909/1164163-karen-byrne-wants-to-do-more-fair-city-but-no-murders/

According to the linked article she wants to be in it again.

I haven't watched in years.

This stood out to me, from that article.
    'I've never acted a day in my life'...

Surely there must be actual actors around who need the work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0909/1164163-karen-byrne-wants-to-do-more-fair-city-but-no-murders/

According to the linked article she wants to be in it again.

I haven't watched in years.

This stood out to me, from that article.
    'I've never acted a day in my life'...

Surely there must be actual actors around who need the work.

Actual actors don't want to be on fair city. It's like someone saying you could have a free Ferrari or a Dacia and they settle for the Dacia. There is nothing wrong with Dacia they are like Skoda were 20 years ago. They get you from A to B but there is nothing exciting or great about them either. My sister has one by the way and is happy with it.

AMKC wrote: »
    Actual actors don't want to be on fair city. It's like someone saying you could have a free Ferrari or a Dacia and they settle for the Dacia. There is nothing wrong with Dacia they are like Skoda were 20 years ago. They get you from A to B but there is nothing exciting or great about them either. My sister has one by the way and is happy with it.

It’s a regular income unlike jobing actors who don’t know when they are going to get their next job. To be fair there are some good actor in Fair city and have been in the past.

Fair City can often have good actors but the script writers/. Storyline researches seem to be brutal.
    My mother read an article and it said how the writers coped with writing at home during Covid-19
    One lady wrote at home with her cat. After the first episode her opinion was the cat must have wrote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,259 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The first two episodes have been really weak, just filler material, though I do have some sympathy for them - the priority at first must have just been to get the episodes on air and battle through the Covid restrictions (which are obvious at the moment.....no extras for example and lots of outdoor scenes).

Hopefully the scripts improve a bit in coming weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

Have Tommy Dillon have another affair with Orla during lockdown or something
    Bob with money problems to rob the Spar at gunpoint.

Anything than this dancing crap. PM me RTE

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

fin12 wrote: »
    It’s a regular income unlike jobing actors who don’t know when they are going to get their next job. To be fair there are some good actor in Fair city and have been in the past

I agree, fin.

Fair City can often have good actors but the script writers/. Storyline researches seem to be brutal.
    My mother read an article and it said how the writers coped with writing at home during Covid-19
    One lady wrote at home with her cat. After the first episode her opinion was the cat must have wrote it

:D

Can somebody help me out with one thing tough.
    Why is Melanie always around Bob now? Does she have a job in The Hungary pig?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

If there's ever to be a final nail put in to the coffin containing the body of FAIR CITY ...well the writers have found it and about to hammer it in..as these new episodes have been atrocious. ...its been a yawn fest..ive asked 20 people I know who are fans ..but their patience has been stretched ..other soaps has started of with story lines..and still social distancing .fair City started like a inside of a morgue...ps .15 of those 20 friends are no longer looking at it..like the song in sound of music. ..GOODBYE FAREWELL.

• Advertisement

I just think your one Bronagh must have taken a wallop to the head during the lockdown , the way she has been with Will since returning and thinking he might be asking her on a date, like WTF he’s gay? I seriously wouldn’t want her to be looking after me if I was in need of any medical attention.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement