Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,300 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    I just think your one Bronagh must have taken a wallop to the head during the lockdown , the way she has been with Will since returning and thinking he might be asking her on a date, like WTF he’s gay? I seriously wouldn’t want her to be looking after me if I was in need of any medical attention.

Anyway I think Will is to young for her. Didn’t she flirt with Deegan at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyway I think Will is to young for her. Didn’t she flirt with Deegan at one stage.
    Oh ya she was mad into him. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Denny61 wrote: »
    If there's ever to be a final nail put in to the coffin containing the body of FAIR CITY ...well the writers have found it and about to hammer it in..as these new episodes have been atrocious. ...its been a yawn fest..ive asked 20 people I know who are fans ..but their patience has been stretched ..other soaps has started of with story lines..and still social distancing .fair City started like a inside of a morgue...ps .15 of those 20 friends are no longer looking at it..like the song in sound of music. ..GOODBYE FAREWELL.

Agree
    I have watched since 1989
    But during lockdown didn't miss it at all
    Watched Sunday's episode and thought it was awful
    Forgot about yesterday's but just caught it on RTE Player.
    Dire beyond belief.
    There's only so much of "A PINT" and Maclean Burke's stupid faces that I can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Can somebody help me out with one thing tough.
    Why is Melanie always around Bob now? Does she have a job in The Hungary pig?

Oh maybe you have uncovered the next 2 to have an affair

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oh maybe you have uncovered the next 2 to have an affair

Poor Bob from Renee to Melanie, even the battering nurse Will might be better for him :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Denny61 wrote: »
    If there's ever to be a final nail put in to the coffin containing the body of FAIR CITY ...well the writers have found it and about to hammer it in..as these new episodes have been atrocious. ...its been a yawn fest..ive asked 20 people I know who are fans ..but their patience has been stretched ..other soaps has started of with story lines..and still social distancing .fair City started like a inside of a morgue...ps .15 of those 20 friends are no longer looking at it..like the song in sound of music. ..GOODBYE FAREWELL.

It's a bit harsh. It's a though job starting it back up again. I watched the first few episodes of the social distancing eastenders and it was so dramatic and not one word of covid and fake. I like fair city because its a bit more realistic to real life. Just a little bit. I'm kinda warming to the dancing story line. I like how they tapped into the dancing with the starts things. It's lighthearted and God knows we need something to lighten this year. The writers and directors might be apprehensive to start on some big story lines due to covid and maybe some actors needing to be off in isolation and quarantine. Hopefully it will all go well with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Agree
    I have watched since 1989
    But during lockdown didn't miss it at all
    Watched Sunday's episode and thought it was awful
    Forgot about yesterday's but just caught it on RTE Player.
    Dire beyond belief.
    There's only so much of "A PINT" and Maclean Burke's stupid faces that I can take.

I do wonder if these first few episodes were thrown together at a moment's notice. It's all just filler stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What would Cristiano think if he saw how pally pally crazy nurse and muppet will are getting? like she couldn't stand him before lockdown and now there best pals sharing their feelings with one another, FFS!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hahahaha crusty bob giving twisty neck doug a good dressing down!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

owlbethere wrote: »
    It's a bit harsh. It's a though job starting it back up again. I watched the first few episodes of the social distancing eastenders and it was so dramatic and not one word of covid and fake. I like fair city because its a bit more realistic to real life. Just a little bit. I'm kinda warming to the dancing story line. I like how they tapped into the dancing with the starts things. It's lighthearted and God knows we need something to lighten this year. The writers and directors might be apprehensive to start on some big story lines due to covid and maybe some actors needing to be off in isolation and quarantine. Hopefully it will all go well with them.

It's not harsh at all IMO, Eastenders also have to abide by the Covid 19 rules and yet they are able to have a number of storylines going to keep the viewers entertained.

The material in FC was never great to begin with but it was enough to pass half an hour but this drivel is dire, we hear about covid 19 all day in real life so could do with a break from reality if only for 30 mins.

And its not as if FC are doing the covid story correctly anyway, no masks in shops and medical centres which makes no sense at all.

They are well funded by our license fee so its on them to produce a quality show not this half baked crap we are seeing this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Jaysis, this stuff is drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Covid City.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ladybrandy

What would Cristiano think if he saw how pally pally crazy nurse and muppet will are getting? like she couldn't stand him before lockdown and now there best pals sharing their feelings with one another, FFS!
    If I was Cris I would be annyoned
    the way people are acting they might aswell declare him for sainthood or have a statue of him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,257 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Unexpected Dancing With The Stars reunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Holy Lord

Bob having a wobbler.....he throws the leaflets on the floor! ohhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wonder when do they do operation transformation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

What f**k
    Who in the name of jaysus wrote and commissioned it
    Dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 54,736 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The RTE ad for the return of this made out it was unmissable drama...

This programme is right up there with the likes of Mrs. Browns Boys as the worst programme in tv history!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

RobertKK wrote: »
    Covid City.

Ah ya got there before me, how much more covid related stuff can they put into 1 episode

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ah hear these ones in the shops and cafe's nobody with masks on - this will give viewers mixed messages .. you will already have ones at home that believe FC is real life go "oh well they are not wearing masks in the shops so we dont have to .." - I understand that its most probably hard to act with a mask on but still

cringe fest that dancing .. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Obviously they couldn't ignore a pandemic that has affected everyone, but this is ridiculous. It's more like a 25 minute HSE covid prevention advert than a soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭lillycakes2

This Soap is an insult to anyone's intelligence ...... I actually couldnt believe what i was seeing on the episode last night. Absolute cods wallup !!!! Time to call it a day, I dont know who in the name of anything is writing that script............And the acting is pure shocking..............its embarrassing to have that on television....................

its a soap alright ... with all that hand washing going on in every bloody damn scene ! -

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

This is dire. We are already bombarded with Covid 19 misery by rte, we don’t need a soap which is supposed to give us a bit of escapism ramming it down our throats. That story from the nurse about the old lady that died was shocking in how badly it was done. Stop shoehorning things that supposedly happened in carrigstown while it was locked down into every episode. And stop with the hand washing in every single bloody scene. People are not complete morons, they don’t need dolly or Renee to remind them of good hygiene.

Bring back Leo and his guitar, and Tommy Dillon riding all round him

ah hear these ones in the shops and cafe's nobody with masks on - this will give viewers mixed messages .. you will already have ones at home that believe FC is real life go "oh well they are not wearing masks in the shops so we dont have to .." - I understand that its most probably hard to act with a mask on but still

Ya why isn’t Bob wearing a face shield in the Hungry Pig?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bob is great at sarcasm

• Advertisement

This is dire. We are already bombarded with Covid 19 misery by rte, we don’t need a soap which is supposed to give us a bit of escapism ramming it down our throats. That story from the nurse about the old lady that died was shocking in how badly it was done. Stop shoehorning things that supposedly happened in carrigstown while it was locked down into every episode. And stop with the hand washing in every single bloody scene. People are not complete morons, they don’t need dolly or Renee to remind them of good hygiene.

Bring back Leo and his guitar, and Tommy Dillon riding all round him

The ram ðŸ probably never stopped....was prob on the COVID payment so plenty of time on to do all his riding Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement