Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Daughter born on Monday and named Poppy Kennedy McIlroy.

Hopefully she brings him some new found peace on the course!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Delighted for him. Presume he pulls out this week and by the time the us open comes round he’ll be dying to get away for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Daughter born on Monday and named Poppy Kennedy McIlroy.

Hopefully she brings him some new found peace on the course!!!!

Popular name in Northern Ireland I'm sure :D

Exactly wrote: »
    Popular name in Northern Ireland I'm sure :D
    Well balanced with 'Kennedy' in there too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

Fastest gestation period in living history . !!! Was it announced only last week that his missus was pregnant ? Think everyone assumed she was “ just pregnant “ , the usual 12 weeks or so

rooney30 wrote: »
    Fastest gestation period in living history . !!! Was it announced only last week that his missus was pregnant ? Think everyone assumed she was “ just pregnant “ , the usual 12 weeks or so

Nah when it was mentioned first on the broadcast they said the birth was imminent. Fair play for keeping it out of the public for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭bren2001

I assume he's pulling out of the Tour Championship? Be a bit crazy if he plays the day after the birth of his daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

bren2001 wrote: »
    I assume he's pulling out of the Tour Championship? Be a bit crazy if he plays the day after the birth of his daughter.

She was born on Monday and event starts tomorrow. As far as I know he is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭neddynasty

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    She was born on Monday and event starts tomorrow. As far as I know he is playing.

A fella has to earn a living like.

• Advertisement

Confirmed as playing

Nailed his interview anyway;

To go from not having met this person to having unconditional love for them from one minute to the next is just, there's nothing like it in the world. It's probably the best part of being a human being, and I'm glad that I got to experience it."

– Rory McIlroy on new parenthood

It's not a new lease of life, but it's a different perspective. What goes on out on the golf course [doesn't] really seem to matter that much. At the end of the day, you get to go home to your family, which is the most important thing."

Hopefully it does translate to a few more wins and specifically in the majors. Big 12 months coming up with 6 majors in that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Not everyday you can try and win 10 million dollars or whatever it is

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Oh yeah family first!!

I’m off to work now. I’ll see ya in four days. Good luck with it. Bye.

He talks such ****e.
    I can imagine what any of our wives would say.
    Yes we’re not working for 15mil but we also don’t have 100 million plus in the bank.
    When my kids were born, I was into work the next day. And the day after. You're all a bunch of snowflakes these days. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

May well see how day 1 goes, if it's a shocker, can pull a WD, has a valid excuse so no one will blink and he can take home the 350k or so for 30th place

So as well as telling people how to balance their work and family lives, apparently we have a prophet in our midst. We are not worthy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

prawnsambo wrote: »
    When my kids were born, I was into work the next day. And the day after. You're all a bunch of snowflakes these days. :p

I felt it was only right to take a few days off.

Couldn't have worked with the hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭Trampas

prawnsambo wrote: »

When one of mine was born early hours on Saturday morning I ran the Dublin Marathon on the Sunday and picked them bought up on the way home from.

All gone soft

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

This is not the parenting forum, back to the golf please

Nice handy birdie to start with.

Having a new baby daughter seems to work!!! Now if only I’d get the chance to play golf and test that theory for myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Nice handy birdie to start with.

Having a new baby daughter seems to work!!! Now if only I’d get the chance to play golf and test that theory for myself

Superb finish to the round, birdie, birdie, birdie.

Golf can be just a simple game to him at times.

No stupid drop shots today and putted very nicely. Greens look perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Certainly not going down without a fight, good defence so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Good to see that finish for the last 3 holes.

Looked like his old self again. His birdie putt on most holes was closer than we have seen in recent weeks. Having them drop in is the bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good to see that finish for the last 3 holes.

Looked like his old self again. His birdie putt on most holes was closer than we have seen in recent weeks. Having them drop in is the bonus.

He seemed like a lot of pressure was off and yeah, he was sinking longer putts too. Noticed last week those same putts were coming close. Hopefully get a fast start today

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

The way McIlroy finished on 18 last night was terrible. This is certainly one of those times that you can question the caddie. Allowing him to use the driver was ridiculous . As Coltart said, McIlroy was always reaching that green in two having taken a 3 wood off the tee which would leave him a 4/5 iron to the green. Guaranteed 4. Instead he hits the driver, runs out of fairway, ends up in the water and signs for a 6. The proof will be seen this evening when he takes a 3 wood off the tee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Agreed, but at the same time nice to see him hit one of my shots, never happens the other way around

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

3 wood is no guarantee to find the fairway though. If he plays 3-wood and misses the fairway he might find it very difficult to carry the water never mind make the green. He probably feels that even if he runs out of fairway there’s a good chance he can still reach. He messed up badly yesterday but it worked out just fine the day before. All of the top 4 played driver and would have similar length. Johnson got lucky when he bounced from the rough to the semi and he was the only one to hit the green in two.

You have to take a completely different line with 3 wood and if you don’t get the right kick down the slope you might be 270 away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Disappointing 2nd and 3rd rounds.

What's in store on 18th tee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

He was 4th in scoring for the week before those two bogeys on the back 9. The slip down the rankings since the restart really hurt him and probably left him with too much to do.

He hit the fairway on the 18th, looking at the line I’d guess it was driver that landed in rough and jumped out to fairway but might have been the 3-wood

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement