Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭neddynasty

Exactly wrote: »
    I've a feeling we'll be requesting another title change on Monday morning next.

This is the week.

This the first major in about 5 years I haven't put a few quid on Rory to win. So definitely a big week ahead. He's almost guaranteed to win now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Will Rory relish playing with Tiger?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

neddynasty wrote: »
    This the first major in about 5 years I haven't put a few quid on Rory to win. So definitely a big week ahead. He's almost guaranteed to win now.

He has been very expensive to follow over the last 5 years in majors. I hope it wasn't big stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Will Rory relish playing with Tiger?

Probably not. He'll be bursting his bollix to hit it miles outside him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Rikand wrote: »

Does he have to burst his bollix to hit it past tiger these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Its baffling the logic behind this statement.. Mcilroy hits it past tiger all day with little effort.

The rory bias is crazy on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    He has been very expensive to follow over the last 5 years in majors. I hope it wasn't big stakes.

Just Lay him in every Major. Every single one for the last 6 years & the next 6 years....and beyond!! Very profitable:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

poor putts for two bogeys

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Happy4all wrote: »
    poor putts for two bogeys

Doesn't look confident with it. Horrendous looking putter too

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Doesn't look confident with it. Horrendous looking putter too

Was expecting to see something new following your post but the spider putter has been on tour for a long time now. Wouldn't say horrendous myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Great stretch of holes by Rory to be back into it. Hopefully he can finish off the back 9 with another couple.

The shot into 9 was top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Super putt for the eagle there as well. Unlucky not to make it.

Tricky putt coming up on 11

Jesus that was a horror show by Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Remind me wrote: »
    Jesus that was a horror show by Rory

I fell asleep and missed 12. What happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

I fell asleep and missed 12. What happened ?

Typical Rory at a major. Played brilliantly in places. Moved into contention. Then had a triple bogey out out of nowhere and mentally that finished him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

touts wrote: »
    Typical Rory at a major. Played brilliantly in places. Moved into contention. Then had a triple bogey out out of nowhere and mentally that finished him.

Definitely didn’t finish him mentally. He was 1 under for his last 6 holes after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

callaway92 wrote: »
    Definitely didn’t finish him mentally. He was 1 under for his last 6 holes after that.

It's a pity he had it. he'd be well in the mix otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It's a pity he had it. he'd be well in the mix otherwise

Ya - Very disappointing

He’d break your heart. I’m a big fan but it’s so difficult watching what he’s doing these days. Missing putts from inside 2 feet. Not making anything else when he has the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Out with Woods early for R3. Featured group via red button probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Out with Woods early for R3. Featured group via red button probably.
    They love it that pga tour, woods every day, woods woods woods, got to watch him play badly again today, and had a man shoot 59, and another shoot 60, and of the 119 shots, they showed 0. But we got to see all 36 holes of woods and his magnificent 139 shots on a pitch and putt course, leaving him just 12 behind, and with a wonderful chance of being just 14 or 15 behind on Sunday, when they can show his 4th round, which hopefully will be his last of the FedEx Cup, so they might show someone who has a chance to win. This carry on is every week, same with Mickelson, he's out of the playoffs now, and is playing his first senior tournament next week. So they can show him in that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

They love it that pga tour, woods every day, woods woods woods, got to watch him play badly again today, and had a man shoot 59, and another shoot 60, and of the 119 shots, they showed 0. But we got to see all 36 holes of woods and his magnificent 139 shots on a pitch and putt course, leaving him just 12 behind, and with a wonderful chance of being just 14 or 15 behind on Sunday, when they can show his 4th round, which hopefully will be his last of the FedEx Cup, so they might show someone who has a chance to win. This carry on is every week, same with Mickelson, he's out of the playoffs now, and is playing his first senior tournament next week. So they can show him in that instead.

What coverage were you watching? I saw most of DJs round yesterday and the focus was almost entirely on him for the last 2 or 3 hours.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    What coverage were you watching? I saw most of DJs round yesterday and the focus was almost entirely on him for the last 2 or 3 hours.

Was watching a feature group, with Woods, Dylan Fratelli, and can't remember who the 3rd one was, didn't watch much of it, but it was espn coverage. Supersport South Africa shows it, and golf channel show the early feature groups, but their coverage ends before the late tee times. I know sky sports has the NBC feed, but usually they show 12 players on feature groups, and we always get to see tiger, and are told 100000 times a round how he has amazing mental strength, and focus and how amazing he is, I know he's the best player in the last 20 years, but it's just completely overdone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Was watching a feature group, with Woods, Dylan Fratelli, and can't remember who the 3rd one was, didn't watch much of it, but it was espn coverage. Supersport South Africa shows it, and golf channel show the early feature groups, but their coverage ends before the late tee times. I know sky sports has the NBC feed, but usually they show 12 players on feature groups, and we always get to see tiger, and are told 100000 times a round how he has amazing mental strength, and focus and how amazing he is, I know he's the best player in the last 20 years, but it's just completely overdone.

The reality is that ratings increase when Woods is playing so even when he isn’t in contention, American viewers want to see him. As that is the domestic/biggest market, the broadcasters go with what the viewers want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rory 4 over thru 6 holes so far

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

2 triple bogies on the card after 7 holes, very unusual for him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hackilroy

How does that happen unless you are being careless.

• Advertisement

How does that happen unless you are being careless.

He was unlucky with the first one. Tried to play out of the hazard and there must have been a rock or something in front of the ball. He played a pitch and the ball literally went backwards and landed in the water five yards behind him. He went back 150 yards to the drop zone and left a 40 footer for bogey. Came over a big ridge and left it 5 foot away. Missed that too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement