Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

seligehgit wrote: »
    TBF that OTB roadshow was absolutely cringeworthy in it's pro Mayo bias when one considered how big of underdogs we were on the following Saturday.

I was embarrassed.Poor auld Damian Comer had to deliver the reality check that it was improbable Mayo would triumph.

Loved the PJ Loftus story.:D

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1159852287394758657?s=19

Agreed Liam McHale has appeared to have an uneasy relationship with the Mayo support.

I believe it was in part due to his relaxed personality and later introduction into the fold after all his basketball success.

I must read back House of Pain.

Diana died the night before we played Offaly in the SEMI final.

He's right about staying in Maynooth the night before the final though, there was uproar amongst the players regarding the quality and comfort of the accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

seligehgit wrote: »
    TBF that OTB roadshow was absolutely cringeworthy in it's pro Mayo bias when one considered how big of underdogs we were on the following Saturday.

I was embarrassed.Poor auld Damian Comer had to deliver the reality check that it was improbable Mayo would triumph.

Loved the PJ Loftus story.:D

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1159852287394758657?s=19

Agreed Liam McHale has appeared to have an uneasy relationship with the Mayo support.

I believe it was in part due to his relaxed personality and later introduction into the fold after all his basketball success.

I must read back House of Pain.

Never noticed this at all tbh :confused:

House of Pain is a great read btw

Anyone else having issues with Mayogaatv? Stream has just stopped totally for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Anyone else having issues with Mayogaatv? Stream has just stopped totally for me

Same here. Just assumed it was the broadband here.

Same here. Just assumed it was the broadband here.

Stoppped at 1:25:38, if i refresh it goes back to the start of the game :mad:

• Advertisement

Stoppped at 1:25:38, if i refresh it goes back to the start of the game :mad:

Came back after about 4 minutes.

Mayo GAA TV gone again. 3rd time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mayo GAA TV gone again. 3rd time today.

demand exceeding supply id say.

irishgeo wrote: »
    demand exceeding supply id say.

Then they need to be honest with themselves and limit the number of viewers. People are getting very pi$$ed of with it and all the dropping. Victims of their own success as it's a great service when it does work but it falls over far too frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Then they need to be honest with themselves and limit the number of viewers. People are getting very pi$$ed of with it and all the dropping. Victims of their own success as it's a great service when it does work but it falls over far too frequently.

invest in the technology, probably not paying for enough servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

irishgeo wrote: »
    invest in the technology, probably not paying for enough servers.

That doesn't matter a damn when the broadband is ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Good win for Knockmore this afternoon. Looks like we have two lads who can score heavily now. Orme was outstanding, he’s kicked on from last year. As has Dempsey.
    Claremorris were poor, ended with 13

Conor Diskin does some amount of mouthing

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Mayo GAA TV much better for the game today. Good win for Westport even if they nearly threw it away at the death. Fionn McDonagh MOTM, he just needs a bit more composure to be a top level player. Kevin Keane surprisingly good at full forward. Shame about his injury. Aidan and Seamie were good for Breaffy.

I was half looking at the Ballina game too. They'll have a big say in the championship along with Westport and Knockmore. No offence to Tubber and Mitchels, but it would be great to have a new final this year!

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    Mayo GAA TV much better for the game today. Good win for Westport even if they nearly threw it away at the death. Fionn McDonagh MOTM, he just needs a bit more composure to be a top level player. Kevin Keane surprisingly good at full forward. Shame about his injury. Aidan and Seamie were good for Breaffy.

I was half looking at the Ballina game too. They'll have a big say in the championship along with Westport and Knockmore. No offence to Tubber and Mitchels, but it would be great to have a new final this year!

Kiltane weren't at the races at all. Back to intermediate for them this year.

Finishing with 13 points to a possible lack of discipline in Balloons that could impact their chances this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Not just basing it off today, I saw Ballina beat Breaffy last weekend too. They're strong right throughout the team between Clarke, Cafferkey, O'Hora, Mikey Murray, Treacy and Regan.

Agreed discipline will be key. O'Hora will have to watch himself no more than Cillian for Ballintubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I did'nt see any of the action this weekend.Sounds like the stream was less than satisfactory for the Saturday games.

Any games you'd recommend watching back?

This weekend should be more opportune to watch the games live.

I saw Westport in action a few ago and Fionn was flying that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

naughto wrote: »
    I was hoping macstsy would be kept on with the rossies he was doing a great job.......

Won more silverware in his time over Roscommon than Mayo did during same period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Won more silverware in his time over Roscommon than Mayo did during same period.

Also managed to lose a crucial championship match by 22 points...

Live games on Mayo GAA TV this weekend.

On Saturday Westport v Charlestown Sarsfields @ 17.00.

On Sunday Claremorris v Ballina Stephenites @ 15.00.

if its a choice of winning a Connacht titles and FBD leagues or being genuine contenders for the All Ireland i know which i'd rather

• Advertisement

Latest Mayo News Podcast.

Billy Joe meets Gavin Duffy

https://themayonews.podomatic.com/enclosure/2020-08-06T03_17_44-07_00.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Barlett

Well we’ve arrived at many a big Saturday for Mayo in the past decade, Tyrone in 2016, Donegal in 2015, even the Dubs last year, great times...you’d really miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Apparently Aidan O'Shea had a big game for Breaffy today?

PressRun wrote: »
    Apparently Aidan O'Shea had a big game for Breaffy today?

Watched it on TG4. Mattie Ruane was immense as well driving forward. Seamus and Conor also very influential at times.

I didn't see any of the action this weekend with other commitments,lack of a ticket and the wonderful weather making one less than inclined to stay indoors and view Mayo GAA TV.

Bragging rights for Breaffy with their win against the Mitchels.

Group 4 truly is the group of death.

What a finale.

Westport vs Castlebar Mitchels

The Stephenites certainly appear likely to be a real threat this year?

Garrymore can't qualify from group 1 and if it's head to head Belmullet are gone.

Otherwise they've only a mathematical chance of qualifying.

Ballintubber and Aghamore are more or less home and hosed in group 2.

Same applies in group 3 for the Stephenites and Knockmore.

Charlestown Sarsfields will need to get a win in Breaffy but it's likely to be 2 from the 3 of the others to come out of group 4.

Mitchels Breaffy was on TG4.

Up on the TG4 Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Watched it on TG4. Mattie Ruane was immense as well driving forward. Seamus and Conor also very influential at times.

Will try and watch it back later. Far too busy with the sunshine to sit in and watch football today!

Anybody see Padraig O Hora's interview with Mike Finnerty?Quality!:)

Ah Ref posted it up on Facebook courtesy of Mayo GAA TV.

https://www.facebook.com/184861092275370/posts/765599800868160/?d=null&vh=e

• Advertisement

Group 3 is actually decided.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement