Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Good workout for Westport last night.

Fionn was absolutely flying.

Leeroy looks in peak condition.

A lot of the young lads really impressed.Could this be the year they finally make the break-through?

Little evidence of any social distancing amongst the substitutes although space was an issue.Education re the dangers of the age old bad habit of spitting in the current climate needs further emphasis.Whilst it never occurred in the immediate vicinity of other players who knows how long potentially infectious aerosols could remain suspended in the air even in a low risk outdoors environment and dependent on the wind's direction expose others?

Small enough crowd for such a lovely evening.

Great. THanks. It's hard to know how it will go - if people will flock to the matches after being denied the football for so long. Or if many people will still be wary of the covid, and stay away.

Most grounds can comfortably hold 500 people.

I wouldn't have any qualms about attending a fixture but will always come armed with a mask if it's use is necessitated.I'd one last night but I didn't require it.

It's all about spatial awareness and ensuring you're 2 metres away from your fellow spectators and the players.I certainly would'nt venture into a stand irrespective of the weather conditions.

Mayo’s indoor dome fit to host Eurovision

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/john-fallon/mayos-indoor-dome-fit-to-host-eurovision-992328.html

"That’s the height of goalposts and anyone kicking it higher than that shouldn’t be out there,” quipped Prenty. “If you are going to be hitting the roof you should be taken off.”:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭HBC08

seligehgit wrote: »
    Mayo’s indoor dome fit to host Eurovision

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/john-fallon/mayos-indoor-dome-fit-to-host-eurovision-992328.html

"That’s the height of goalposts and anyone kicking it higher than that shouldn’t be out there,” quipped Prenty. “If you are going to be hitting the roof you should be taken off.”:D

Great stuff,
    I'm not sure how they'd fit 10000 in it for a concert though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Are there any actual pictures of this famous dome ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Might be still blowing it up. :)

Presuming Mayo GAA tv will be streaming club championship games?

it would be very welcome with the crowd restrictions and the reluctance of some supporters to attend with Covid 19 still an active concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

EcAaEYGWoAYu8bs?format=jpg&name=large

EcPVzrAWkAAAjFu?format=jpg&name=large

EczEyVfXsAAGzPa?format=jpg&name=large

Great pics as always mayo.mick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Can't blame him really. His life and young family are in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can't blame him really. His life and young family are in Dublin.

I’d say this is his last few months as an intercounty player too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

km79 wrote: »

That would be a shame. Great defender.

Think that's a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Great pics as always mayo.mick!

Oh, they're not mine, embedded from Connacht gaa twitter page :o

Breaffy are officially box office.

Michael Walsh match versus Garrymore tonight is a sellout.:D

Drat drat drat as I intended to take a quick spin out.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Breaffy are officially box office.

Michael Walsh match versus Garrymore tonight is a sellout.:D

Drat drat drat as I intended to take a quick spin out.:(

cant you park on the road and look in over the gate where the speed van parks?

irishgeo wrote: »
    cant you park on the road and look in over the gate where the speed van parks?

Indeed I was thinking along those lines.

Might be a tight squeeze.:D

Great minds think alike and all that.

Anyone have the story on why Balla are refusing to travel to Louisburgh for the match this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Anyone have the story on why Balla are refusing to travel to Louisburgh for the match this evening?

A doctor from Louisburgh raised concerns, Louisburgh wanted it behind closed doors - that's what Balla GAA tweeted.

• Advertisement

A doctor from Louisburgh raised concerns, Louisburgh wanted it behind closed doors - that's what Balla GAA tweeted.

Seen that alright but was wondering if anyone knows what the concerns are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Seen that alright but was wondering if anyone knows what the concerns are?

A report on it here:
    https://westernpeople.ie/2020/07/18/local-gaa-fixture-called-off-due-to-concerns-raised-by-local-doctor/

Suspected case in Louisburgh

Anyone at the Burris game able to report how Jay Doc played?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Not sure I’d consider it overly cautious. Based on what I’ve seen so far in challenge games in other clubs, I am not so sure I’d be comfortable with that game going ahead.

Entertaining contest on a beautiful evening.

Breaffy 1-12 Garrymore 0-15

Breaffy shot out of the blocks into a 0-6 to 0-1 lead.Tommy O Reilly was kicking points off of either side for fun whilst Garrymore squandered any opportunities that fell their way.

Eventually the stranglehold Breaffy had in the middle was wrestled back.By half time the game was all square at 8 points a piece.In a critical period Garrymore pushed 0-12 to 0-10 ahead before Mattie Ruane appeared to have scored the match winning brilliant solo goal.However in spite of pushing three points ahead Garrymore managed to pull level with a guilt edged chance squandered by the Breaffy men at the death.

Conor O Shea impressed most of the O Sheas,great to see Seamie back at centre back.Aidan really came into the contest in the second half when he came out to the middle.Mattie Ruane is really moving well.

Cathal Slattery really impressed for Garrymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Entertaining contest on a beautiful evening.

Breaffy 1-12 Garrymore 0-15

Breaffy shot out of the blocks into a 0-6 to 0-1 lead.Tommy O Reilly was kicking points off of either side for fun whilst Garrymore squandered any opportunities that fell their way.

Eventually the stranglehold Breaffy had in the middle was wrestled back.By half time the game was all square at 8 points a piece.In a critical period Garrymore pushed 0-12 to 0-10 ahead before Mattie Ruane appeared to have scored the match winning brilliant solo goal.However in spite of pushing three points ahead Garrymore managed to pull level with a guilt edged chance squandered by the Breaffy men at the death.

Conor O Shea impressed most of the O Sheas,great to see Seamie back at centre back.Aidan really came into the contest in the second half when he came out to the middle.Mattie Ruane is really moving well.

Cathal Slattery really impressed for Garrymore.

Sounds like it was a real cracker of a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

Any one at the neal vrs Mitchels game very high scoring game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement