Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

christy c wrote: »
    There was no housing crisis in 2011, we had approx 1,000 people per week leaving the country IIRC.

Also do you have any details on how easy it is going to be to to evictct someone if they miss a month's rent? Up to now it was notoriously difficult. I've seen this mentioned a couple of times but haven't seen anything clear.

Separately, if there was any corruption (not conspiracy theories) in FG, I hope it is exposed in this. On the other hand, I find the options on the ballot paper sh1te enough as it is- hopefully we don't add corruption to the list of crap.

As a third party any vulture fund buying a bad mortgage would not have the same recourse as the original lender/bank. A judge ruled on it. The government overturned that just before they broke for holidays. Now they don't need negotiate a new deal or enter mediation. That's government putting vulture funds above the individual during these uncertain financial times.

I think you mean add more corruption. In this case if anything untoward is found there is little chance Noonan or whomever will see the inside of a courtroom. It'll be a long drawn out expensive tribunal with no teeth giving out recommendations neither civil war party follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

NAMA and and all that property up north, was just one big ripe cheery just waiting to be picked,, and there definitely was some picking done.

The Irish tax payers had thier pockets picked in broad daylight..

https://www.thejournal.ie/project-eagle-timeline-2978770-Mar2017/

When public accounts committee pointed to it, Enda Kenny announced that he would be retiring very soon, and that someone else might have to look into it.

After that we heard nothing until the UK decided to look at it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    As a third party any vulture fund buying a bad mortgage would not have the same recourse as the original lender/bank. A judge ruled on it. The government overturned that just before they broke for holidays. Now they don't need negotiate a new deal or enter mediation. That's government putting vulture funds above the individual during these uncertain financial times.

I think you mean add more corruption. In this case if anything untoward is found there is little chance Noonan or whomever will see the inside of a courtroom. It'll be a long drawn out expensive tribunal with no teeth giving out recommendations neither civil war party follow.

First point, I was asking about paying rent and evicting tenants. You are raising a different issue which would need to read up on.

No i meant any corruption, there has been some with Lowry famously in the 90s. I've seen plenty of conspiracy theories but no evidence.

There was no housing crisis in 2011, we had approx 1,000 people per week leaving the country IIRC.

Also do you have any details on how easy it is going to be to to evictct someone if they miss a month's rent? Up to now it was notoriously difficult. I've seen this mentioned a couple of times but haven't seen anything clear.

Separately, if there was any corruption (not conspiracy theories) in FG, I hope it is exposed in this. On the other hand, I find the options on the ballot paper sh1te enough as it is- hopefully we don't add corruption to the list of crap.

July 2015

On 2 July Wexford TD, and former property developer, Mick Wallace tells the Dáil that £7 million (€8.2 million) was due to be diverted from Tughans to an Isle of Man bank account for the benefit of a Northern Irish politician or party. This money was “intended to facilitate payments to deal-makers involved in the sale”, according to the BBC.

The following day Tughans says that Coulter had left the company following a row over the diverted money, and that the money was subsequently recouped.

Wallace claims that the €1.6 billion sale undervalued the Project Eagle portfolio by as much as €3 billion.

satguy wrote: »
    July 2015

On 2 July Wexford TD, and former property developer, Mick Wallace tells the Dáil that £7 million (€8.2 million) was due to be diverted from Tughans to an Isle of Man bank account for the benefit of a Northern Irish politician or party. This money was “intended to facilitate payments to deal-makers involved in the sale”, according to the BBC.

The following day Tughans says that Coulter had left the company following a row over the diverted money, and that the money was subsequently recouped.

Wallace claims that the €1.6 billion sale undervalued the Project Eagle portfolio by as much as €3 billion.

How does that answer my question about evicting tenants?

In that case do you accept that there was no housing crisis in 2011? Did you just loose the run of yourself previously?

• Advertisement

How does that answer my question about evicting tenants?

In that case do you accept that there was no housing crisis in 2011? Did you just loose the run of yourself previously?

Need to swear before God in court removed but TDs concern about banks, vulture funds

Sinn Féin TD Martin Kenny warned that evidence considered hearsay under current law would become admissible and taken as “live evidence”. He said “it could then be used to have a repossession order placed against a homeowner or business”.

Three Fianna Fáil TDs - Jim O’Callaghan, John McGuinness and Willie O’Dea - also expressed major reservations about the provision.

They did this 1 day before the 6 week break.

Need to swear before God in court removed but TDs concern about banks, vulture funds

Sinn Féin TD Martin Kenny warned that evidence considered hearsay under current law would become admissible and taken as “live evidence”. He said “it could then be used to have a repossession order placed against a homeowner or business”.

Three Fianna Fáil TDs - Jim O’Callaghan, John McGuinness and Willie O’Dea - also expressed major reservations about the provision.

They did this 1 day before the 6 week break.

I don't follow- how does that make it easy to evict someone for missing a month's rent?

First point, I was asking about paying rent and evicting tenants. You are raising a different issue which would need to read up on.

No i meant any corruption, there has been some with Lowry famously in the 90s. I've seen plenty of conspiracy theories but no evidence.

Fair enough. Would hate to suggest you take a stance that may or may not go against the best of a bad lot.

'There had been some'. Exactly or does it being in the 90's mean it never happened? There's been plenty of cronyism. As for conspiracy theories, there's been plenty of 'inappropriate behaviour', these will lead to questions. Like Noonan as regards Cerberus.

I don't follow- how does that make it easy to evict someone for missing a month's rent?

So you chimed in on this one point and have zero interest in anything else? Maybe start a 'how easy is it to evict tenants?' thread?

I see why some FG'ers like Kelly...
    A conclusion by the Public Accounts Committee that it was not “procedurally appropriate” for Michael Noonan to meet a large US investment firm on the eve of its bid for Project Eagle has been strongly disputed by the Minister for Finance and by Taoiseach Enda Kenny.

In its report on the controversial disposal by Nama of its Northern Ireland portfolio, the PAC criticises Mr Noonan for meeting senior representatives of Cerberus, the US investment firm that was successful in its £1.1 billion bid for the portfolio.

In a politically-charged finding, the public spending watchdog – which has a reputation for being nonpartisan – split along party lines for the first time in its 94-year history, with the four Fine Gael members, and Labour’s Alan Kelly, opposing the conclusion. It was carried by eight votes to five.

Members of the committee, including chairman Sean Fleming, were also unhappy that Mr Noonan had failed to mention his meeting with Cerberus during five hours of testimony to the committee in October.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/noonan-and-kenny-strongly-dispute-pac-findings-on-cerberus-meeting-1.3010683

As I say the whole thing stank.
    Hopefully an outside group will get to the bottom.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Would hate to suggest you take a stance that may or may not go against the best of a bad lot.

'There had been some'. Exactly or does it being in the 90's mean it never happened? There's been plenty of cronyism. As for conspiracy theories, there's been plenty of 'inappropriate behaviour', these will lead to questions. Like Noonan as regards Cerberus.

Not that it never happened, but I dont believe either of the two I voted for or any of the main ministers from FG since I started voting are corrupt.

Ive gone over the conspiracy theories previously, no point kicking a dead sheep.

So you chimed in on this one point and have zero interest in anything else? Maybe start a 'how easy is it to evict tenants?' thread?

I asked a question about what that poster said, if you dont like it you're free to skip over it.

Not that it never happened, but I dont believe either of the two I voted for or any of the main ministers from FG since I started voting are corrupt.

Ive gone over the conspiracy theories previously, no point kicking a dead sheep.

You said 'add' corruption. It read like there hadn't been any thus far.
    We know about the crony appointments and we know Noonan acted inappropriately. Asking what happened, looking for detail would be natural curiosity especially now the story has returned to the headlines.

I've not seen much in the way of conspiracy theories. Pointing out things that happened (the damage caused in some cases) and asking why hardly constitutes as conspiracy theory.

For example:
    Members of the committee, including chairman Sean Fleming, were also unhappy that Mr Noonan had failed to mention his meeting with Cerberus during five hours of testimony to the committee in October.

Nothing illegal or corrupt in that but wanting to know why he acted like he did and why he decided to meet a large US investment firm on the eve of its bid for Project Eagle opens up questions especially in light of some fellow travelers being looked at for fraud.

You said 'add' corruption. It read like there hadn't been any thus far.
    We know about the crony appointments and we know Noonan acted inappropriately. Asking what happened, looking for detail would be natural curiosity especially now the story has returned to the headlines.

I've not seen much in the way of conspiracy theories. Pointing out things that happened (the damage caused in some cases) and asking why hardly constitutes as conspiracy theory.

For example:

Nothing illegal or corrupt in that but wanting to know why he acted like he did and why he decided to meet a large US investment firm on the eve of its bid for Project Eagle opens up questions especially in light of some fellow travelers being looked at for fraud.

Right so I have clarified my comment about corruption in FG, all clear now?

I have explained the conspiracy theories posted here and elsewhere previously. As I said, no point going over it again.

Right so I have clarified my comment about corruption in FG, all clear now?

I have explained the conspiracy theories posted here and elsewhere previously. As I said, no point going over it again.

Cool your jets. Just speaking on current events.

Cool your jets. Just speaking on current events.

My jets are cool. As I said, if there is any corruption in this deal I hope it's exposed.

Stuff with FG has been going on since Garrett left.

I remember when Frank Flannery was the FG chief political strategist, in fact his full title was "Director of Organisations and Strategy"

He was also on the board of the charity Rehab, he was next in line to Angela Kerins. Then one day Angela Kerins's husband Sean, and Frank Flannery set up a company called Complete Eco Solutions.

The company was first registered in December 2009 and signed a contract just weeks later with Rehab. Mr Flannery, Ms Kerins's husband, Sean, and her brother, Mr McCarthy, were equal shareholders. Weeks later, on January 4, Complete Eco Solutions initially billed Rehab Enterprises for €255,552 for some half finished coffins.

Once again the public accounts committee pointed to it, Frank being so high up in FG, never really had to answer the hard questions.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rehabs-dead-money-after-oak-coffins-sold-for-40-each-30075762.html

You really could not make this stuff up..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Stuff with FG has been going on since Garrett left.

I remember when Frank Flannery was the FG chief political strategist, in fact his full title was "Director of Organisations and Strategy"

He was also on the board of the charity Rehab, he was next in line to Angela Kerins. Then one day Angela Kerins's husband Sean, and Frank Flannery set up a company called Complete Eco Solutions.

The company was first registered in December 2009 and signed a contract just weeks later with Rehab. Mr Flannery, Ms Kerins's husband, Sean, and her brother, Mr McCarthy, were equal shareholders. Weeks later, on January 4, Complete Eco Solutions initially billed Rehab Enterprises for €255,552 for some half finished coffins.

Once again the public accounts committee pointed to it, Frank being so high up in FG, never really had to answer the hard questions.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rehabs-dead-money-after-oak-coffins-sold-for-40-each-30075762.html

You really could not make this stuff up..

Not sure, what this has to do with FG of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »

This is interesting.....Are FG of today a different FG than that one:confused:

Wonder if people should start using this methodology the next time you mention some Sinn Fein related event from nineteen feckin seventy eight or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,157 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »

Wonder if people should start using this methodology the next time you mention some Sinn Fein related event from nineteen feckin seventy eight or whatever?

What SF events had you in mind, my friend.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »

I just pointed out that FG moved over to the dark side just after Garret FitzGerald retired, and have frimly stayed there since.

And to this day, no male FG TD is allowed call their son Luke..

I just pointed out that FG moved over to the dark side just after Garret FitzGerald retired, and have frimly stayed there since.

And to this day, no male FG TD is allowed call their son Luke..

Don't you mean 'back over to'? Fascism and antisemitism is pretty dark.

Not to mention the two boyos up on fraud charges was yesterday and one of them, Frank Cushnahan was a member of Nama’s Northern Ireland advisory council.

We'd a lad on earlier happy to vote as they've likely not engaged in any shenanigans since the 90's. So that gives practically everyone a clean slate.

We'd a lad on earlier happy to vote as they've likely not engaged in any shenanigans since the 90's. So the gives practically everyone a clean slate.

There's no need to narrate my contributions to the thread, my posts are there for everyone to read.

What SF events had you in mind, my friend.

Well going by the limit our mutual bud marko has set, it seems anything beyond 2009 is now off the cards and not to be conflated with present day Sinn Fein, my chum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Well going by the limit our mutual bud marko has set, it seems anything beyond 2009 is now off the cards and not to be conflated with present day Sinn Fein, my chum.

The hot air brigade has spoken.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The hot air brigade has spoken.

Username checks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I need to ask a question?
    I was to day asking about the current NAMA thing.
    The thread was banned for legal reasons i am told.
    I did not see this in the press as comment from NAMA.

My question is...
    Did i make a mistake in putting in legan and this is why closed?
    I cannot understand why it was banned and NAMA discussed here.
    I think i do not know where i should have put original post.

Any advise appreciated...

I need to ask a question?
    I was to day asking about the current NAMA thing.
    The thread was banned for legal reasons i am told.
    I did not see this in the press as comment from NAMA.

My question is...
    Did i make a mistake in putting in legan and this is why closed?
    I cannot understand why it was banned and NAMA discussed here.
    I think i do not know where i should have put original post.

Any advise appreciated...

I'd follow up with the MOD.
    Also all our current affairs regarding Fine Gael are just a ruse so we can talk about Sinn Fein and the IRA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I'd follow up with the MOD.
    Also all our current affairs regarding Fine Gael are just a ruse so we can talk about Sinn Fein and the IRA.

So basically what happened and i thought i put in wrong place.
    I put NAMA into search engine of boards which directs here.
    Then you say ask MOD.
    I am asking the community? the MODs can reply if they choose...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement