Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Pasta alla Norma last night. I have to admit, after spending year of not really liking aubergines, I'm slowly but surely turning into a massive fan (in more than one sense of the word :D )

sF6fU9z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sheep26

Tuna pasta

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Recliner

Threw a beef stew in the slow cooker yesterday morning. Just the basics, beef, potatoes, carrots, onions and celery. Left it for about 7 hours, like a big bowl of cuddles when it was done.
    I would leave the beef a bit bigger next time.
    No pic, cos lets face it, hard to make a bowl of stew look sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Went at the baby back ribs again, sun out = BBQ out.

Made a fairly small layer of charcoal in the kettle, took them a while to get it going, but when they did, they burned fairly consistently, enabling me to get them done on a low and slow indirect heat.

IMG-20200720-155918.jpg

Put some BBQ rub over them before lashing them on the grill, turning every half hour or so with the lid on but vents opened.

IMG-20200720-155927.jpg

Last twenty minutes I put on some barbecue sauce, literally lashed it on with a 4inch paintbrush, and they came out absolutely deadly.

IMG-20200720-174114.jpg

I also had a few roosters on the BBQ (microwaved them first for a bit) which I served with the ribs, and a heap of curried coleslaw in the middle.

IMG-20200720-174124.jpg

Stuffed now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lemony garlicky chicken skewers, with leftover rice and corn (basically what I had sitting around). Minty cucumber yoghurt dip. Overdid the chicken, which was a pity, but it tasted alright all the same.

xuXGAFg.jpg

• Advertisement

Falafel burgers. Pretty good and filling as f*ck. Jammed into a pitta bread with some yoghurt and salad.

RhtVp59.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

I didn't know Nike made Falafel burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just Jew it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Forgot to take a picture, but last night I made Milano's Pollo Pesto:
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/pizza-express-explains-how-make-18344502

I just made a few tweeks:
    - Doubled everything so there was enough for 2 of us (including a little left over for a large lunch or a small dinner today!).
    - Mushrooms cause me digestive issues, so I replaced that with a little cooked cauliflower instead.
    - Didn't have torn cooked chicken, so chopped and fried a couple of chicken breasts instead.
    - Omitted the basil leaf - cause notions :P

It turned out really well! Very rich and heavy, but super tasty and will do it again :) I thought infusing the milk with onion for the béchamel sauce was inspired - don't be tempted to skip that part! It added a wonderful flavour and an ever so slight sweetness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Good find. Here's Pizza Express's own page with 19 downloadable recipes:
    https://www.pizzaexpress.com/homemade-favourites

tangy wrote: »
    Good find. Here's Pizza Express's own page with 19 downloadable recipes:
    https://www.pizzaexpress.com/homemade-favourites

Awesome, thanks :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We tried Dunnes' new range of crabcakes tonight.

I made a sauce from yogurt, mayo, lime juice, lime zest and salt/pepper, and made a salad and some chips to go with them.

They were pretty bad. Mostly potato and very salty. :( I was forced to take out the sweet chilli sauce to try to make them a little more edible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We tried Dunnes' new range of crabcakes tonight.

I made a sauce from yogurt, mayo, lime juice, lime zest and salt/pepper, and made a salad and some chips to go with them.

They were pretty bad. Mostly potato and very salty. :( I was forced to take out the sweet chilli sauce to try to make them a little more edible.

Sorry to hear that. I don't think I've ever had a decent crabcake from a Supermarket. Some nice and not so nice ones in restaurants.

p6lp32L.jpg

Duck fillet, braised cabbage with carrot and potato dauphinoise.

After two weeks of sub 1600 calories a day, cheat day hits hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pig cheeks slow cooked with soy, garlic, ginger, onion, balsamic, rice wine, red pepper flakes.
    Home pickled beetroot.
    Kimchi.
    Japanese rice.

No pics (didn't look so pretty, anyway) but it was the epitome of untious, delicious, slow cooked meat!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Roast Chicken.. Stuffing and Roasties

Didn't last 10 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

On TBR's recommendation, I've created a dedicated thread for fermented foods and moved all the kimchi posts to there. If you're looking for them, it's here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058102183

Creamy Tuscan garlic chicken, with pasta.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Minced beef with mushrooms, baked with cubed new potatoes on top.

20200805-184626.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 503 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Braised beef short rib with celeriac & horseradish purée, glazed baby rainbow carrots, Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Braised beef short rib with celeriac & horseradish purée, glazed baby rainbow carrots, Yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes.

What restaurant is that? ;-) very fancy! Looks delish!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 503 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

leahyl wrote: »
    What restaurant is that? ;-) very fancy! Looks delish!

Just made it for my housemates, devoured

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Just made it for my housemates, devoured

I thought it was from a restaurant as well, very professional. Lucky housemates! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

woodchuck wrote: »
    Creamy Tuscan garlic chicken, with pasta.

Could I trouble you for the receipe

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Could I trouble you for the receipe

No problem :) It's a combination of a few different recipes I looked up online...

Ingredients for 4 portions:
    - 4 cubed chicken breasts
    - 250ml single cream
    - 200ml chicken stock
    - 6 large cloves of garlic, minced (maybe reduce this to 4 if you're not a garlic fiend like me)
    - ~50g grated parmesan cheese
    - Spinach (I buy a 90g bag, using half on the first day and adding the other half to the leftovers the next day)
    - Sundried tomatoes (one small jar or half a large jar, chopped into small pieces)
    - ~1-2tsp dried oregano
    - Pasta (any kind, as much as you like)

Method:
    1. Fry the chicken in a little olive oil and set aside.
    2. Add the cream, chicken stock, minced garlic oregano and cheese to a pot. Whisk over a medium heat until the cheese melts and the sauce starts to thicken a little.
    3. Add the cooked chicken and sundried tomatoes.
    4. Start cooking the pasta.
    5. When the pasta is just about done, add the spinach to the sauce. It should start to wilt in the sauce pretty quickly
    (I separate the sauce into 2 pots first because it lasts 2 us two days, so I only add half the spinach to one pot. I add the other half of the spinach to the reheated sauce the next day just before serving)
    6. Serve the sauce over the drained pasta and enjoy :)

Butternut squash with sundried tomatoes, goats cheese and rice (and a few other tasty ingredients!). I don't make vegetarian dishes often, but I was looking for recipes to use some leftover sundried tomatoes and came across this one.

It was pretty good - very strong flavours!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Nachos.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had bacon and cabbage. It was nearly going to be another barbecue given the lovely weather.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Neyite wrote: »
    I had bacon and cabbage. It was nearly going to be another barbecue given the lovely weather.

My bbq is getting a run out this Saturday.. hopefully!

Advertisement