Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yesterday we had the family is for barbecued spatchcocked chickens, vegetable rice - and inspired by one of Shenshen's posts, green beans in tomato sauce which was delicious and will be a regular here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yesterday we had the family is for barbecued spatchcocked chickens, vegetable rice - and inspired by one of Shenshen's posts, green beans in tomato sauce which was delicious and will be a regular here.

Any recipe for this Dizzy? Sounds good and I'm constantly on the lookout for new ideas for her vegetarian self. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

McMurphy wrote: »
    Any recipe for this Dizzy? Sounds good and I'm constantly on the lookout for new ideas for her vegetarian self. :D

This is the one I used. I had everything for it in the house except dill.

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/fasolakia-recipe

Tonight we had pork steak with lentils.

20200815-190211.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Tonight we had pork steak with lentils.

Where’s the rest of it?!

• Advertisement

If You've ever had a late night session in NYC you'll probably have seen the Halal Guys carts, selling their chicken over rice dishes, served on the aluminium plates, with the iconic white sauce.

We were supposed to be in NYC at the minute, but Covid put an end to that one.

Made my own version of it using the instant pot, and it turned out lovely.

Golden yellow rice with spices, marinated chicken thighs, served with side salad and white sauce and sirracha.

IMG-20200816-184936.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Cold Seafood platter to share, from Spillanes in the Maharees. Had a chowder before hand, just to warm me up.

Pic for above.

523262.jpg

Oh, and I did pulled pork for a few relatives on Sunday after mass. Kinda left my gaff abruptly last friday, so had to borrow 2 slow cookers for the job.

523263.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Chicken and black bean enchiladas smothered in a cheese sauce and baked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

HakAE5kl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Planet X wrote: »
    HakAE5kl.jpg

Go on then, give us a clue. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Spuds, parboiled, crushed and into the oven.
    Salad; mango, onions, toms(homegrown :) ) & cucumber etc.
    Haddock, Cavistons, nice big fillets, panfried.

I tried the Jamie Oliver trick of thinly slicing root veg, tossing with herbs and seasoning, then putting a stuffed chicken on top and and roasting the full meal in one tray.

I made a sausage, onion and apple stuffing for it, and smothered it in gravy, and it was delicious, although the two year old did not agree. He opted for a bowl of dry Cheerios instead. Love to feel appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I tried the Jamie Oliver trick of thinly slicing root veg, tossing with herbs and seasoning, then putting a stuffed chicken on top and and roasting the full meal in one tray.

I made a sausage, onion and apple stuffing for it, and smothered it in gravy, and it was delicious, although the two year old did not agree. He opted for a bowl of dry Cheerios instead. Love to feel appreciated.
    I was looking to make that on Sunday. It looked lovely. I like the idea of using a good quality sausage to use as a stuffing without going to all the extra trouble of making proper stuffing. Plus you can use the skins as a makeshift piping bag.

What were the veg like? Look like they have the potential to be over done?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I was looking to make that on Sunday. It looked lovely. I like the idea of using a good quality sausage to use as a stuffing without going to all the extra trouble of making proper stuffing. Plus you can use the skins as a makeshift piping bag.

What were the veg like? Look like they have the potential to be over done?

Some of the veg around the edges of the tin in the top layer were over done all right. Like crisps. But when they were tossed with the other veg, particularly the veg directly beneath the chicken, it was actually quite nice to have the variety of textures.

I made the stuffing rather than just using sausage meat because I thought it might be a bit dense. But it's worth a try for sure.

Last night we had a pizza from The Pizza Company from Tesco.

Now it's American style, so a thicker base and stuffed crust, but it was the best off the shelf supermarket pizza I've had. Not at all cardboardy. It was quite like a Dominoes pizza.

Not gourmet for sure, but the best pizza out of a box I've had, possibly ever.

At the moment they're doing 2 pizzas, 3 dips and 2 sides (which include dessert options, onion rings and loaded fries) for €10. Excellent option for a cheaper fakeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Last night we had a pizza from The Pizza Company from Tesco.

Now it's American style, so a thicker base and stuffed crust, but it was the best off the shelf supermarket pizza I've had. Not at all cardboardy. It was quite like a Dominoes pizza.

Not gourmet for sure, but the best pizza out of a box I've had, possibly ever.

At the moment they're doing 2 pizzas, 3 dips and 2 sides (which include dessert options, onion rings and loaded fries) for €10. Excellent option for a cheaper fakeaway.

I got that deal a few weeks ago. The stuffed crust cheese pizza was unreal, so tasty and the dirty fries were good as well. Seriously good value for what you get.

Last night we had 'fajita pie' which was more like an enchilada recipe, but stacked and cooked in a springform tin. It was basically a way of having enchiladas with less wraps and cheese. It was very nice :)

20200820-192729.jpg

20200820-193105.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 regulators

Getting very fond of the t-bone steaks on the George foreman during lockdown with baby spuds and frozen peas.

Just unreal.

Think I need to go healthy meat for a while lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 514 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Not sure if it belongs here but it was the cats birthday so I made a chicken ballotine stuffed with pork and catnip wrapped in prosciutto, crispy chicken skin with some pork liver pate and dreamies...

Oh I love it! That's a lucky cat :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Not sure if it belongs here but it was the cats birthday so I made a chicken ballotine stuffed with pork and catnip wrapped in prosciutto with some pork liver pate and dreamies...

I cant tell you how much i love this!.

Not sure if it belongs here but it was the cats birthday so I made a chicken ballotine stuffed with pork and catnip wrapped in prosciutto with some pork liver pate and dreamies...

Haha that's amazing!!!! And your cat is fab! My cats must never find out about this!!! :D

Thanks for the heads up on that Grem! (Even though it was meant for seph!)

This is the one I used. I had everything for it in the house except dill.

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/fasolakia-recipe

Well, made these along with steak, and it was a great success.

IMG-20200821-193223.jpg

We had date night tonight, dinner from a local restaurant enjoyed on our couch, while binge watching season 5 of Rita. :)

I had ribs in a soy and honey glaze to start, followed by chicken wings with Frank's and blue cheese, coleslaw and fries - things I never cook which my partner hates (he doesn't do bones).

He had wild mushroom risotto to start and lamb shank with rosti and root veg and red wine jus.

Delicious.

And best of all, paid for with a voucher I got for Christmas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Not sure if it belongs here but it was the cats birthday so I made a chicken ballotine stuffed with pork and catnip wrapped in prosciutto, crispy chicken skin with some pork liver pate and dreamies...

I’m speechless. Our cat would probably turn it’s nose up at that if I spent hours cooking it, just because it could. Did yours eat it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 514 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

I’m speechless. Our cat would probably turn it’s nose up at that if I spent hours cooking it, just because it could. Did yours eat it?

She did indeed. I saved half and she had that the next day. She won’t turn her nose up to anything with chicken so I knew that much before making it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

This may be one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen 😂ðŸˆ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Chowder.

Advertisement