Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lamb tagine with apricots, with lemon herb cous cous and toasted almonds. No pic because we are savages.

No pic required, still salivating. Sounds delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Seabass and crushed potatoes in a Dijon dressing

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

acer911 wrote: »
    Seabass and crushed potatoes in a Dijon dressing

I'd love to make things like that but my other half isn't bothered about fish..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Chicken kebab today(TAL style) marinated chicken in yogurt and spices onto skewers into oven and charred, flatbread from dunnes, mixed salad and kebab sauces from the kebab recipe on the cooking club page oh and some very very hot sauce, all plates cleaned. Pictures never come the best sorry about that

Marmalade fish (used frozen basa fillets from Aldi) with sundried tomato roasted potatoes and cauliflower. Recipe modified from nadiya hussains recipe - highly recommended. Can’t take credit for the homemade scones or coffee cake in the background though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

acer911 wrote: »
    Marmalade fish (used frozen basa fillets from Aldi) with sundried tomato roasted potatoes and cauliflower. Recipe modified from nadiya hussains recipe - highly recommended. Can’t take credit for the homemade scones or coffee cake in the background though.

Very nice.

How did you find the 19 Crimes? Have a bottle in the rack waiting for me. :)

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Very nice.

How did you find the 19 Crimes? Have a bottle in the rack waiting for me. :)

It’s good. Prefer this one though.

I like the app that allows the “convicts” on the bottle to talk is very interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had pizzas last night.

20200627-184111-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Baby back ribs, which I cooked for 4 hours on a really low heat with orange juice, in a roasting bag tied up tight.

IMG-20200629-193411.jpg

For the last half hour I brushed on BBQ sauce every ten minutes, and then returned to the heat again.

All in all, cooked for 4.5 hours, and the house was left smelling deadly!

Served them with garlic baby potatoes and peas and corn.

IMG-20200629-175848.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'll be working late tonight (from home, but that doesn't make it much easier either), so it had to be something quick and comforting. Food from home, pan fried potatoes with onions and carraway, and green beans in tomato sauce

OJfphYb.jpg

• Advertisement

Red lentil, chickpea and chilli soup. Quite filling, tasty and simple. Only problem is soup is a pain in the hoop to eat when my beard is this length.

RPTISuu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Lamb koftas on a bed of shredded salad, hummus mixed with harissa paste, and cucumber on the side, and a fresh pitta.

IMG-20200701-183228.jpg

Yes I made kebabs out of one of the lamb koftas and pitta and salad, and yes it was absolutely savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Boned chicken thighs, courgettes tomatoes - all done on the gas bbq/grill and steamed new potatoes.

https://i.imgur.com/KTPByrM.jpg

KTPByrM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Have not been cooking much lately, during the summer I tend to go mainly for salads.
    This evening I cooked frozen scallops with olive oil and wild garlic (from a jar).
    They were very tasty !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

McMurphy wrote: »
    Lamb koftas on a bed of shredded salad, hummus mixed with harissa paste, and cucumber on the side, and a fresh pitta.
    Love koftas, my local butchers makes amazing ones !

Tagliatelle aglio e olio. Double to tripe the garlic requirement, as is tradition (in my house). Going to be radioactive tomorrow.

dvkj5M8.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

With the possible hardening of arteries that comes with advancing years, my regular helpings of chicken wings has become a very rare treat. It’s now so rare, I was dreaming of these most of last night.

Chicken wings, cheese and pancetta potato skins with blue cheese dip.

C97-C5183-A889-4-AC5-A7-A6-7-F2-CD8-E1-AD10.jpg

It was bloody lovely. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Tagliatelle aglio e olio. Double to tripe the garlic requirement, as is tradition (in my house). Going to be radioactive tomorrow.

Do you have a recipe? :D

I always double the amount of garlic in recipes too :P My Dad hates garlic, so we never had it in anything growing up. I think I must be making up for lost time or something!

woodchuck wrote: »
    Do you have a recipe? :D

I always double the amount of garlic in recipes too :P My Dad hates garlic, so we never had it in anything growing up. I think I must be making up for lost time or something!

Sure, here you go. There are hundreds of recipes out there, but there's a youtube video on that page that popped up on my feed today which put it in my head - I've made it before so I needed little to no encouragement. After making it once, you won't need a recipe, it's that simple. Bare minimum of ingredients. Pasta. Garlic. Oil. Parsley. Chilli/pepper flakes. Salt and pepper. It's a pretty well explained video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭50HX

Beef madras

Can you post a recipie for this please, looks fab

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

50HX wrote: »
    Can you post a recipie for this please, looks fab

quote="50HX;113932897"]Can you post a recipie for this please, looks fab[/quote]

This was a mish mash.

Fry some onions, peppers, garlic, chilli and ginger in a pan, to your taste, until soft. Add a couple of tablespoons of Madras paste (we used Patak's) and fry for a couple of minutes. Add some diced stewing beef, a can of chickpeas and a carton of passata and simmer on low until the meat is tender (approx two hours). Season with salt, pepper and sugar to your taste. Stir in finely chopped coriander. Serve with rice, mango chutney, sour cream and naan. Garnish with a little more coriander and enjoy.

Thanks M Egg

Did you brown the meat beforehand??

50HX wrote: »
    Thanks M Egg

Did you brown the meat beforehand??

No. We used to but found it didn't really make any difference to the flavor so gave up.

Weird that the quote code didn't work up above, the opening square bracket is in place when I go in to edit it. :confused:

Cheers

Made jamie olivers corner shop curry this evening

Didn't get a chance to take pic as plates were cleaned

Will nake madras 2mor or monday

My Wife thinks i'm pregnant:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Sure, here you go. There are hundreds of recipes out there, but there's a youtube video on that page that popped up on my feed today which put it in my head - I've made it before so I needed little to no encouragement. After making it once, you won't need a recipe, it's that simple. Bare minimum of ingredients. Pasta. Garlic. Oil. Parsley. Chilli/pepper flakes. Salt and pepper. It's a pretty well explained video though.

Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Chicken and sage stuffing roulade with veg and roasties. I made a rosemary salt for the potatoes.

Blitz together salt flakes, rosemary, sage, smashed garlic and lemon zest. Have it in an air tight container in the fridge and should last about 2 weeks.

Roast lamb, roast potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and gravy. Tiramisu and a few glasses of NZ sauv blanc.

The weekend is too short.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Shenshen wrote: »
    green beans in tomato sauce

...is one of my favourite things. Really simple and tasty. I add lots of garlic.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    ...is one of my favourite things. Really simple and tasty. I add lots of garlic.

Garlic is a definite must for this, though not the most important ingredient in my humble opinion. I've only recently been able to find this here in Ireland, in some Polish shops. Apparently, it's called "summer savory" over here. Germans just call it "bean herb", as that's what it's used for - beans. You can't have beans in Germany without this herb, fresh or dried :D

• Advertisement

Matter paneer and brinjal fry. Or, in other words, Indian cheese with peas, and spicy fried aubergine and tomato

KteaQZ5.jpg

Advertisement