Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Not sure if it belongs here but it was the cats birthday so I made a chicken ballotine stuffed with pork and catnip wrapped in prosciutto, crispy chicken skin with some pork liver pate and dreamies...

Chicken skin?
    CHICKEN SKIN???

You gave your cat chicken skin?
    I'd chase either of our cats up a tree to retrieve stolen chicken skin from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Chicken skin?
    CHICKEN SKIN???

You gave your cat chicken skin?
    I'd chase either of our cats up a tree to retrieve stolen chicken skin from them.

I remember my mum would always whisper "chicken skin" whenever a roast chicken came out of the oven because she didnt really want to share it!
    Cat wouldn't get a look in here either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That cat is eating better than me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 514 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

All my housemates seem indifferent to chicken skin, cat usually gets it...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm not an animal person but I feel quite touched by your care for your cat. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

Chicken satay and rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Chicken satay and rice.

Recipe please, love satay and that looks great

vicwatson wrote: »
    Recipe please, love satay and that looks great

No recipe, I cheat and use Thai gold satay sauce!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Recliner wrote: »
    Chowder.

That looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Deja Boo wrote: »
    That looks amazing!

A mixum gatherum recipe I call it. One of my OH's favourites.
    It's one of those dishes that looks so impressive but is so easy to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    She did indeed. I saved half and she had that the next day. She won’t turn her nose up to anything with chicken so I knew that much before making it

That is amazing, does she have an Insta? What’s her name? That pic needs to go viral, it’s fantastic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

UXAtzwUl.jpg

My first hungarian cooking experiment.
    Absolutely delicious and so healthy, which is the devils work. :P

It's called Lecsó (Lecho) and is reminiscent of shakshuka, but very much has an Eastern European stamp on it.
    It's extremely simple to make and had a new ingredient to me, white peppers. These are milder and, to me, much nicer than traditional bell peppers that I am used to, was happily eating them raw while cooking and I hate most veg raw.

To make this:
    1) Chop one onion and add to a pot, you know how to fry an onion.
    2) Add blanched tomatoes (I also added a tin of cirio tomatos) and reduce for 10 minutes with the lid on.
    3) Add 6 chopped white peppers (bought from Mroz). Cook until soft while stirring now and again, roughly 15 to 20 mins.
    4) When it is done add loads of paprika, smoked paprika, garlic powder and a little salt. That's it!

Butter sourdough (Naturli butter) and go to town on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 514 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

QueenRizla wrote: »
    That is amazing, does she have an Insta? What’s her name? That pic needs to go viral, it’s fantastic.

Her name is Bubbles after the guy in the wire as she was abandoned in the streets. Bubblesgato on insta for all her food adventures

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Got these two boys (striploin) from the local butcher on Saturday.

Rubbed some oil into them, and then seasoned with salt/pepper and some seasoning from a rub I have for steaks.

IMG-20200824-184456.jpg

High heat, 5 mins on one side, then 4 mins on the other, then out of the pan, and wrapped in foil and left to rest for a while.

Served them with home made skin on chips, corn and BBQ sauce. Had no mushrooms or I would have been having mushroom and peppercorn sauce, but was extremely tasty anyway.

IMG-20200824-190520.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Burgers with onions and gravy. I mixed the minced beef with breadcrumbs, grated onion, an egg and plenty of salt & pepper.

20200824-184809.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A simple meal here.. Cauiflower and fresh-picked garden greens on a bed of grated cheese with a potato waffle on the side. Very satisfying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken curry with half & half :)

20200825-184740.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Graces7 wrote: »
    A simple meal here.. Cauiflower and fresh-picked garden greens on a bed of grated cheese with a potato waffle on the side. Very satisfying.

Potato waffles are lovely! :)

I used Aldi's organic beef mince (recommend!) to make chilli with added chipotles. Spicy!

Chinese style cashew chicken. Really nice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Homemade breaded chicken fillets with Curry sauce and mash that was left over from yesterday!

Delish!

• Advertisement

Beef stirfry with egg noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

Oh I love it! That's a lucky cat :)

i would only love to be in your house dizzy,you serve up some delicious dishes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

That looks incredible!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Recipe? :D

Chicken kiev - from Dunnes, not home made, with potato cubes (I boiled them first so they tasted like roast potatoes) and veg.

20200827-185515.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

My new favourite thing is sausage tray bake. Ridiculously simple but so satisfying.

Carrots, baby potatoes, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, courgette, red onion, garlic, rosemary, sausages (of course!), paprika, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, olive oil and s&p. Finished off with with some balsamic.

The veg can be pretty much anything and I love it because I can empty out the fridge in one go.

attachment.php?attachmentid=524525&d=1598559518

woodchuck wrote: »
    Recipe? :D

Serves 4-6

4 chicken breasts cut into chunks and seasoned with salt and pepper
    Vegetables oil for cooking
    1 onion, diced
    1 green pepper, diced
    200g raw cashews, unsalted
    2-3 scallions, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, crushed
    3 tablespoons of crushed or grated ginger
    1 red chili, seeded and finely sliced
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon oyster sauce (I do not like this ingredient so substituted hoisin sauce)
    2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
    Half a cup of light soy sauce
    Half a teaspoon of sesame oil
    1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
    1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed with a little cold water
    Good splash boiling water

Gosh it's a lot when I write it out.

Roast your cashews in the oven unsalted at 180 for 10-15 mins. Watch they don't burn.

Prep sauce by combining sugar, rice wine vinegar, oyster or hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce, the fresh red chilli and 1 tablespoon of ginger. Set aside.

Heat a glug of vegetable oil in a large wok and fry the chicken until golden. Add the peppers, onions, garlic and ginger and fry for a couple of minutes. Make sure they remain crisp.

Deglaze the pan with a little sherry, white wine or boiling water, then add the prepared sauce and boil for one minute.

Add the water chestnuts and cashews and stir.

Add the cornflour slurry and a good splash of boiling water to thin the sauce to your liking. Serve over rice and sprinkle with scallions.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    My new favourite thing is sausage tray bake. Ridiculously simple but so satisfying.

Carrots, baby potatoes, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, courgette, red onion, garlic, rosemary, sausages (of course!), paprika, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, olive oil and s&p. Finished off with with some balsamic.

The veg can be pretty much anything and I love it because I can empty out the fridge in one go.

I love to do this too, but I make a sauce of melted butter, wholegrain and English mustard, honey and curry powder (trust me!) and pour it over 15 minutes before it's ready to be eaten and it's scrumptious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Potato waffles are lovely! :)

I used Aldi's organic beef mince (recommend!) to make chilli with added chipotles. Spicy!

Yeeeeeeeeeees! It was you who told me about them! Supervalu have them . own brand, at a price even I can afford... E1. 06 for 12..-Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Had to be simple, quick and satisfying yesterday, as I was working until late and the weather called for comfort food.

I made a veg fritatta (salad potatoes, yellow pepper, onion, courgette) with a good handful of cheese over it, green beans from the garden on the side and some lovely piri piri sauce to make it all sing.

Cx9J6zi.jpg

Advertisement