Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Got 1kg of SAM today - ordered the 9th (yesterday) arrived today (10th) which was great - roast date is the 2nd of July which is ok, though would have preferred a few days fresher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Ordered the burundi from wild heart. Arrived yeaterday. Absolutely divine coffee. The order got delayed on their end so they threw in a free bag of villamaria columbian coffee which was a nice touch! delighted with the order :) Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Good to hear you also enjoyed it as much as me. I just bought another two bags after finishing the first one. I polished off the dregs of it today after being opened for a few weeks and it still holds up well.

If you get a chance check out white Star coffee too. Really consistently high quality beans for pour over. Looking forward to trying their Honey processed Timor Leste which I've just received.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ordered the burundi from wild heart. Arrived yeaterday. Absolutely divine coffee. The order got delayed on their end so they threw in a free bag of villamaria columbian coffee which was a nice touch! delighted with the order :) Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Steep enough price wise compared to bailies or badger and dodo which is where I normally shop. Is it worth it? Might go for a kilo bag at £36 If it's highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Got 1kg of SAM today - ordered the 9th (yesterday) arrived today (10th) which was great - roast date is the 2nd of July which is ok, though would have preferred a few days fresher!

Was in their Pearse Street store yesterday roast date on all their 250gs was June 18th still bought 2, so you are doing much better.

Bell Lane: 10% off all single origin coffees this weekend, just use the code SINGLE10

WCC: Releasing our second new coffee of the weekend.

Ten % code: PIENDAMO (24hrs)

COLOMBIA PIENDAMO
    Washed (Organic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bell Lane: 10% off all single origin coffees this weekend, just use the code SINGLE10

WCC: Releasing our second new coffee of the weekend.

Ten % code: PIENDAMO (24hrs)

COLOMBIA PIENDAMO
    Washed (Organic)

Can't read when you change the font colour

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Go Home Paddy Cat!!

Steep enough price wise compared to bailies or badger and dodo which is where I normally shop. Is it worth it? Might go for a kilo bag at £36 If it's highly recommended.

I think it is. But maybe dont start with 1kg in case you dont like it?

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Can't read when you change the font colour

Sorry not sure how that happened - wasn't deliberate! Edited it so hopefully fixed it.

A new Burundi launched by WCC today - and 10% off all coffee until midnight - code: TENPERCENT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

20% off Three Fools at the moment as well :) Free shipping over 25 euro as well!
    https://threefoolscoffee.ie/product-category/coffee/

Guessing they aren't freshly roasted, but I guess I'll find out next week when it arrives :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone ordered anything from gardelli coffee? https://shop.gardellicoffee.com/ Anything you'd recommend?

Anyone ordered anything from gardelli coffee? https://shop.gardellicoffee.com/ Anything you'd recommend?

Ground state coffee shop in James St, Dublin sell a few different Gardelli beans FYI. I havent ordered from them as I'm always put off by the delivery charges but their beans are top though. You wont be disappointed with whatever you choose. Stay away from anything Indonesian unless you like tobacco notes, they are nice to try now and again but I wouldn't want a full bag.

Mabó (Romania) are along the same lines in terms of quality if you're ever looking for something a bit more special.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

A new Burundi launched by WCC today - and 10% off all coffee until midnight - code: TENPERCENT

Can I ask where these discounts are being announced? That’s a few times now I’ve spotted this just too late! Window always seems pretty tight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Got a bag of this last week, very impressed.

https://www.stonevalleyroasters.com/shop/warmthrillofconfusion

They're a bit expensive compared to others, 15.50 for a 250g bag shipped, but great coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Can I ask where these discounts are being announced? That’s a few times now I’ve spotted this just too late! Window always seems pretty tight too.

Usually on their Twitter and Instagram accounts

sozbox wrote: »

Exactly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

D’oh!

Spot the aul fella.

Thanks.
    sozbox wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Danger781 wrote: »
    20% off Three Fools at the moment as well :) Free shipping over 25 euro as well!
    https://threefoolscoffee.ie/product-category/coffee/

Guessing they aren't freshly roasted, but I guess I'll find out next week when it arrives :pac:

Received today and no roast Date on package. There is a Best Before date of November 2021. I emailed Three Fools and was told that the beans I ordered were roasted July 7th. Very random to have a 16 month expiry date so I'm dubious to be honest.

Danger781 wrote: »
    Received today and no roast Date on package. There is a Best Before date of November 2021. I emailed Three Fools and was told that the beans I ordered were roasted July 7th. Very random to have a 16 month expiry date so I'm dubious to be honest.

Cheers for that - it put me off ordering tbh, at that price point I'd be expecting transparency over roast dates. They don't even have roast info on their site iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ordered the Burundi and Fafa Reis from WCC late Tuesday night, shipped on Wednesday and delivered today to Dublin, roast date yesterday. That's a mental turnaround

• Advertisement

Ordered the Burundi and Fafa Reis from WCC late Tuesday night, shipped on Wednesday and delivered today to Dublin, roast date yesterday. That's a mental turnaround

Your man Tony is always working. I sent an order in at 12.30 one night and he emailed me straight away saying something was out of stock, offering a different type of coffee. He's a machine.

Well, whats the verdict?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭mrm

limnam wrote: »
    Anyone know how often they roast?

That sounds a bit on the "old" side compared to other roasters.

This months Bell Lane subscription roast date was much better - delivered on the 16th, roasted on the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Its getting to the stage where they're roasting it in the van on the way up

• Registered Users Posts: 44 repulsebay321

Just got the Innovation and Ethiopian micro lot 2 roast fron WCC. Ordering on a Fri morning which might not be the smartest decision for getting it quickly after roasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

The disadvantage of this thread is that I'm not out of coffee and I'm waiting for a really good deal on another bag :p

I've been drinking too much tea for my liking the last few days.

15% off Bailies until July 24th!

Code: "JUSTBREWIT"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Well, whats the verdict?? :)

The Burundi is lovely, haven't given the Fafa Reis a whirl yet as waiting for it to rest a bit longer.

Also, anyone seen Origin are now doing their house espresso blend in Nespresso pods? 10 of them for £5.50, might be worth a punt whenever offices reopen to throw in the drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

15% off Bailies until July 24th!

Code: "JUSTBREWIT"

Doesn't work for me, was it just until yesterday (their instagram says it was just for the weekend)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Any WCC codes at the moment?

Advertisement