Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Site seems to be down for me atm.

Personally I loved the Brazilian (plantation run by women - can't remember the name) but I don't think anyone else on the forum agreed :o - a few have recommended the El Salvador iirc.

I must admit that one caught my eye. Thanks for this

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TheDudeIsHere

There's probably a few missing off the list but here's a fair few:

Full Circle
    Upside
    Ponaire
    West Cork Coffee
    3fe
    Silverskin
    Roasted Brown
    Ariosa
    Baobab
    Badger and Dodo
    Bell Lane
    Cloud Picker
    Imbibe
    Red Rooster
    Craft Coffee
    Two Spots
    Urbanity
    9th Degree
    McCabes
    Two Fifty Square

Root and Branch (Belfast)
    Bailies (Belfast)

How would ye guys rate these from 1 to 10 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

There's probably a few missing off the list but here's a fair few:

Full Circle
    Upside
    Ponaire
    West Cork Coffee
    3fe
    Silverskin
    Roasted Brown
    Ariosa
    Baobab
    Badger and Dodo
    Bell Lane
    Cloud Picker
    Imbibe
    Red Rooster
    Craft Coffee
    Two Spots
    Urbanity
    9th Degree
    McCabes
    Two Fifty Square

Root and Branch (Belfast)
    Bailies (Belfast)

Add the Art of Coffee to these, Carrick-on-Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Site seems to be down for me atm.

Personally I loved the Brazilian (plantation run by women - can't remember the name) but I don't think anyone else on the forum agreed :o - a few have recommended the El Salvador iirc.

Brazilian was lovely.

I still have a small amount of their East Timorese left which I'm saving for a special occasion. It was stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Wild heart's Burundi is bang on. Super coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Bigbooty wrote: »

oh man burundian coffee is awesome

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Actually just checked this out - works out at €81 for a 6 month subscription of 500g per month delivered and you can pick one of their blends or get a rotation - that's super value imo - €13.50 for 500g delivered. Gonna go for this I think!

I'm not a shill for Bell Lane - honest :pac::pac:

Just did this myself actually. Their website is not the best to be honest when it comes to ordering but they do have good espresso blends.

Sold!

Anything else of theirs worth throwing in?

Sold!

Anything else of theirs worth throwing in?

I got the Guatemala, I've had coffee from that specific region and it's generally been good. Wil Brew it on the v60 tomorrow.

I got the Guatemala, I've had coffee from that specific region and it's generally been good. Wil Brew it on the v60 tomorrow.

Great. I'll await the verdict. Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

What's the roast date on that SAM? Wonder if it's March.

Ordered some SAM yesterday (the 16th) just picked it up from their roasters in Crumlin and roast date is the 15th. Not to shabby!

Great. I'll await the verdict. Thank you :)

Another enjoyable brew. I need to tweak it. Quite complex with decent acidity and strong fruity notes. I'd recommend it! Not as good as the Burundi though.

Another enjoyable brew. I need to tweak it. Quite complex with decent acidity and strong fruity notes. I'd recommend it! Not as good as the Burundi though.

That'd good to hear. It matches up with what I thought about a Guatemalan I got in the local Co-op.

500g of the Burundi it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Actually just checked this out - works out at €81 for a 6 month subscription of 500g per month delivered and you can pick one of their blends or get a rotation - that's super value imo - €13.50 for 500g delivered. Gonna go for this I think!

I'm not a shill for Bell Lane - honest :pac::pac:

Nice one.

Just signed up for this. Great value

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    Just did this myself actually. Their website is not the best to be honest when it comes to ordering but they do have good espresso blends.

So this arrived today, I appear to have received some sort of Fathers Day package complete with Socks, Chocolate and some stickers. Along with 2 x 250g of Dawn Chorus.

Very good service!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mrm

So this arrived today, I appear to have received some sort of Fathers Day package complete with Socks, Chocolate and some stickers. Along with 2 x 250g of Dawn Chorus.

Very good service!

Same here! Thankfully I am a father....coulda ended up all offended!:D It was a nice touch.

Roast date 05/06. Looking forward to tasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Haven't tried Dawn Chorus - can anyone report?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

cheap, cheap....cheap.

mrm wrote: »
    Same here! Thankfully I am a father....coulda ended up all offended!:D It was a nice touch.

Roast date 05/06. Looking forward to tasting.

Anyone know how often they roast?

That sounds a bit on the "old" side compared to other roasters.

limnam wrote: »

It is a bit, but nothing too bad and certainly not something my unrefined palate will notice. It will be interesting to see the roast date on the following months.

• Advertisement

The oldest I have had from Bell Lane up until now was 3-4 days max before order date. I think they roast pretty often.

https://cbroasters.com/ offering 20% off with code mcwilliams

Never tried cocobrew - only two beans available at the moment but quality not quatity I guess! :-)

Nice touch

516992.jpg

good quality socks them my wife got me a sub for fathers day last year got a pair each month

yes

a socks sub

she's a keeper

good quality socks them my wife got me a sub for fathers day last year got a pair each month

yes

a socks sub

she's a keeper

I'd say the missus will have to wear them. Very small. :D

My roast date from Bell lane was June 10th, which is fine. As long as I'm drinking it within 1 month of roast date I'm fine with it.
    Generally ordering from the roaster results in good roast dates ,sometimes buying off the shelf in cafe's has some pretty old roast dates, even from pretty good cafe's.

My roast date from Bell lane was June 10th, .

Mine too.

Think I might stick in a Bailies order wiithe their 10% off deal - going to go for the Guatemalan everyone has been raving about. Any other recommendations?

Mine too.

Well feck, obviously I musn't be as good of a father!:D

You tried it yet, what do you think of it? I had it from the bean to cup this morning. IMHO it's OK, nothing great. I might try grinding it and using the moka pot at the weekend to see if that suits better.

Think I might stick in a Bailies order wiithe their 10% off deal - going to go for the Guatemalan everyone has been raving about. Any other recommendations?

something east African if they have any at the moment

• Advertisement

mrm wrote: »
    Well feck, obviously I musn't be as good of a father!:D

You tried it yet, what do you think of it? I had it from the bean to cup this morning. IMHO it's OK, nothing great. I might try grinding it and using the moka pot at the weekend to see if that suits better.

I had a bit of bother dialing it in.

I pretty much only ever use 3Fe and nearly all their coffee's come in on similar setting. Had to make some big adjustments for this.

Agreed, it's alright. I might need to play with it a bit more

Advertisement