Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who actually notices apart from people who already watch the shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very solid tag team opener.

Class Taz brought back the FTW title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Class Taz brought back the FTW title :)

Really good moment

So far so good with tonight's show

Joey and Archer was very enjoyable followed by a really good 8 man tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,982 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

This is a lot better than I thought it would be, but dammit if it doesn't look like Jericho wrestling his son at times.

Oragne is just so bloody good with that gimmick.

Oragne is just so bloody good with that gimmick.

What exactly is that gimmick?

The Puppy Battle Royal :)

This match is better than anything I called in 2000.....Tony :)

Alvarez reporting the bruising on Colt was legit.

Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Surprised Cage didn't end up in WWE. Looks like one of Vince's beefy boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

That 8 man tag is a banger. Great storytelling, brilliantly put together match, literally everyone came out of it looking better. I went all the way to ****1/4 on it.

Also really enjoyed the main event, minimal shtick (for a Cassidy match at least) and re-established The Inner Circle as real threatening heels. ***3/4

Wonder who Nyla got as a manager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder who Nyla got as a manager

Vickie guerrero seems to be popular guess on twitter wouldn’t be suprised seems to be at a lot of the shows

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

HHH in an interview with Sports Illustrated openly admits that the WWE is counter programming AEW and will continue to do so.

Seems to be working. 3-0 NXT over the last 3 weeks in the ratings bumfight war.

I don’t know why they feel the need to come out with comments like this same with Jericho last week

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1281324955725107200?s=21

How long before TK is the head of the Khan Corporation, trying to keep the world title off Stone Cold Cody?

They messed up their chance to counter the Cole/Lee match. Instead of having Cassidy/Jericho as the main event, it's obvious they should've had the Puppy Battle Royal. I mean did you see the reactions of the fans during that Battle Royal?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Must say I nearly jumped outta my skin when Orange Cassidy nearly took Jerichos head off with the superkick!!

Such a great match and Orange Cassidy really does have all the tools to reach the very top.

Just wish there was a crowd there for it.

• Advertisement

I am absolutely astonished at how people see Cassidy as anything above midcard.

Undersized comedy gimmick with no promo.

When has that ever drawn money outside of the more niche, dedicated fanbase?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I am absolutely astonished at how people see Cassidy as anything above midcard.

Undersized comedy gimmick with no promo.

When has that ever drawn money outside of the more niche, dedicated fanbase?

When has anyone star drawn money lately?

Hes doing well at the moment, the current gimmick is working fine.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    When has anyone star drawn money lately?

Hes doing well at the moment, the current gimmick is working fine.

Silly me! I misunderstood "getting to the very top". Clearly this doesn't mean drawing money any more?

So what's the measure of success nowadays? Few hundred people talking about you on Twitter?

By the way, do yourself a favour and don't look up Dynamite's all time worst viewed segment. It may feature a certain "top guy" that's doing "well" at the moment.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Silly me! I misunderstood "getting to the very top". Clearly this doesn't mean drawing money any more?

So what's the measure of success nowadays? Few hundred people talking about you on Twitter?

By the way, do yourself a favour and don't look up Dynamite's all time worst viewed segment. It may feature a certain "top guy" that's doing "well" at the moment.

Personally I like OC. Ive enjoyed his work thus far in AEW. Make no mistake I don't think he is the second coming of The Rock or Austin..... hell I dont think hes a main eventer in his current form. I like him in the same way I enjoyed The Hurricane tangle with The Rock.

Is he drawing? I really cant say I watch AEW for him alone, nor do I watch any show for 1 guy. He sells good merch, maybe in a way akin to Zack Ryder at the height of his fame. Fans seem to enjoy him, well the majority seem to at least.

I dont think wrestling as a whole is a successful business in the US. Ratings are low across the board. Hes as successful as anyone at the moment though. Good for him I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I was just about to write it's like the Hurricane and The Rock!

Fun gimmick that will have a shelf life , probably have a taken seriously angle eventually

Sirsok wrote: »
    I was just about to write it's like the Hurricane and The Rock!

Fun gimmick that will have a shelf life , probably have a taken seriously angle eventually

It most certainly has a shelf life, it will grow stale eventually but it all depends on hows its booked.

OC as a character or a performer will need to evolve long term. Right now, its over and Im fairly entertained and happy with the booking thus far.

I really enjoy oc I don’t think he’ll ever be a main eventer for the title but entertaining characters always have there place in any wrestling show

sky88 wrote: »
    I really enjoy oc I don’t think he’ll ever be a main eventer for the title but entertaining characters always have there place in any wrestling show

Exactly. Riggt now OC is fine in his role and I see no issue with him rubbing shoulders with top tier performers.

Is he a main eventer in his current form? No.

Could the wrestler or character evolve to the point where he could? Probably, anything is possible.

AEW Dark next week is stacked and the main event is Cage vs Pillman Jr for the FTW belt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

Pillman jr is a stud raw as hell but some prospect.

Advertisement