Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Could be Warhorse seens as he was recently name-dropped by Arn.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Could be Tessa Blanchard, that's if we're just throwing out names and seeing what sticks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Which WWE release could it be? :)

Cody's buddy Zack Ryder...

Jobs for the boys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    Cody's buddy Zack Ryder...

Jobs for the boys!!

Error 404: Wrestler name not found :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Error 404: Wrestler name not found :pac:

You know I mean Matt whatever his name is now... guy will be a comedy mid-card act for the rest of his life regardless where he ends up...

Sure look at Tye Dillinger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Which WWE release could it be? :)
    Saw former NXT guy Tino Sabbatelli made his debut on Dark

"one of the world's top independent wrestlers" - Tino Sabbatelli is a charisma vacuum. If it's him, I will refuse to watch AEW again

Really hope they don't sign Zack Ryder. Can't stand him. Supposedly he's best friends with Cody though so will more than likely sign.

The opponent for Cody tonight won't be a WWE release though because the show was recorded last week when their no compete clauses weren't up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    "one of the world's top independent wrestlers" - Tino Sabbatelli is a charisma vacuum. If it's him, I will refuse to watch AEW again

Nah, wasn't saying it was him. Just mentioning he was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭ThePott

A lot of people have mentioned a guy called Warhorse who I'm not exactly familiar with.
    Heard someone suggest Chris Hero too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hoping for Nick Gage as unlikely as it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Isn't tino sabbatelli dating Mandy rose though ? He may be a charisma vacuum but clearly he's not failing at life.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Could be Tessa Blanchard, that's if we're just throwing out names and seeing what sticks.

I hope it's not Tessa Blanchard as AEW doesn't need the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,983 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Wait, the big guy from the tag match last night on Dark? Thought he looked pretty good in the ring, myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Cody challenger will probably be from the NWA well again? Probably too early to describe an ex WWE talent as one of the best independents only to job them on a giveaway Dynamite episode. Like I can't see Rusev or Ryder doing it when they've established this challenge as basically a jobber of the week exercise until further notice.

Would love to see Zickie Dice as he was technically the NWA equivalent of the TNT champion when everything stopped.

I like Ricky Starks but good lord did he waffle Darby Allin just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Can’t stand Darby Allin’s act or gimmick. Angsty little bollox. I reckon I’d kick his head in myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Poor Ricky looked like he was about to sh1t himself after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Poor Ricky looked like he was about to sh1t himself after it!

Banging theme though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eddie Kingston did a great job.

A really enjoyable show again.

Britt's segments are always a highlight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well looks like it's a tag tournament and not titles, though that could happen as well. Will Brandi and Allie win or will the final be when Allie turns?
    Speaking of the women, they have the first dynamite match Diamante and Ivelisse then stick it in a small screen for part of it for a Big Swole promo?

I guess "indefinitely" is about a month then? Not saying he deserved more or less, but there are plenty of ones ready to go who could be off tv longer. Sammy just missed 4 episodes.

Looked like Darby hit those ropes hard and awkwardly when he was attacked from behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm probably not the first to say it but Darby reminds me of Jeff Hardy. He could easily be AEW's Jeff Hardy. Would be interesting to see him in a Ladder match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought that was a great show, loved seeing Eddie Kingston in the opener, Cody's Open Challenge has been very enjoyable so far. The Falls Count Anywhere and Diamante/Ivelisse matches were good and the whole Page, Omega, FTR, Dark Order stuff was nicely done.

I like how most of the roster in AEW is in a group/alliance/partnership of some sort, I'm liking Tazz with Cage and Starks, looking forward to them next week against Darby and Mox.

Tyson is making a comeback in a fight again Roy Jones Jr in September I wonder will AEW try and get some sort of publicity from the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Fantastic show last night. Really enjoyed all of it, a few niggles aside, breaking the 0.3 demo mark (0.32 this week) on a run of the mill Dynamite is a serious accomplishment. They've done some great work during Covid.

Taz's faction feuding with Moxley and Allin is perfect actually. Taz is killing it on the mic, Cage is over as a monster, and Starks definitely has something about him. Most importantly, two strongly over babyfaces they can get good heat on.

AEW 845K 5th ranked show of the night.

NXT 615K 35th ranked show of the night.

Show opened with an outstanding promo from Eddie Kingston. Anyone who caught ten seconds of it was guaranteed to stick around for the match.

Significant week as it's the first time AEW has beat Raw in a demo (P 18-34) 0.18 to 0.17 for Raw's 2nd hour and 0.18 for Raw's 3rd hour. Even more impressive considering the only reason NXT exists on TV is to counter programme and dilute the AEW viewership. Fair play to them.

Significant week as it's the first time AEW has beat Raw in a demo (P 18-34) 0.18 to 0.17 for Raw's 2nd hour and 0.18 for Raw's 3rd hour. Even more impressive considering the only reason NXT exists on TV is to counter programme and dilute the AEW viewership. Fair play to them.

Can we book a match/"thread" for you vs. Ricero.... AEW vs WWE. Honestly it'd be more entertaining than watching Raw.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Can we book a match/"thread" for you vs. Ricero.... AEW vs WWE. Honestly it'd be more entertaining than watching Raw.

I'm far from an AEW mark. I've enjoyed their stuff so far, but you won't get "gold standard" blind fanship on my part at all. I call it as I see it. Overall I've enjoyed AEW since it began, it's the first time in a very long time I've been invested in mainstream US wrestling. Is the product perfect? No, no product will ever be 100% what you want it to be. But big picture the booking is logical, you're rewarded for paying attention, the characters are largely engaging and I've enjoyed their TV and ppv product. I'd have no problem saying that based off this last year Tony Khan has been one of the best bookers around. That doesn't mean I'm cheerleading for them and honestly I probably enjoy a couple of companies more than I do AEW. But I'd have no problem in saying what they put out every week puts a dated, incomprehensible WWE product to shame.

Also my ratings talk is just a personal interest and when you see trends developing it can be interesting.

Advertisement