Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs when/will they re-open - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Things slowly unraveling and publicans not taking it anymore

Very festival feel with takeaway pints

its cloudy and raining this weekend according to forecast so i don't think they'll all do as much business as last 2 weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Sheep_shear

Question about all the takeaway pints. I'm guessing line cleaning hasn't been going on, so... you might be having some interesting tasting ones if got from a pub? Or am I missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Question about all the takeaway pints. I'm guessing line cleaning hasn't been going on, so... you might be having some interesting tasting ones if got from a pub? Or am I missing something

They can clean them , its not hard to do.

Although, the breweries havent been brewing the last couple of months, no deliveries been taking place so the beer being dispensed could be out of date or very nearly out of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Sheep_shear

md323 wrote: »
    They can clean them , its not hard to do

Then why do Guinness have their cleaning teams if Tom the Barman can do it?

Guinness probably make the pubs use the cleaning teams normally. They can get pubs to basically do whatever they like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

It’s all for their Instagram story that they get out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

I run a pub, we clean our lines every 10 days or so, guinness/Heineken only come every six weeks to clean them.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭jt69er

md323 wrote:
    I run a pub, we clean our lines every 10 days or so, guinness/Heineken only come every six weeks to clean them.

If you don't mind me asking why do you feel the need to clean every 10 days? What draught system do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭jt69er

Guinness probably make the pubs use the cleaning teams normally. They can get pubs to basically do whatever they like.

All Breweries clean their own lines, not just Guinness. Guinness have way less influence over pubs than they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Id buy a takeaway pint if say i could sit in/near there beer garden or any big green. I refuse to order them to my house as its too expensive and youre better off buying cans/bottles

Does the public drinking rule even exist anymore ?? Mostly always see people drinking in public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Does the public drinking rule even exist anymore ?? Mostly always see people drinking in public

There's no law, only bye-laws particular to certain areas, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

when the pubs that serve reopen do you have buy food? or are they just opening as more as restaurants ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Good question. Surprised that hasn't been asked already.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,938 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

€9 of food needs to be bought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Wonder what will happen with Hotel bars? We've a week booked in Kerry and are hoping we can get pints delivered to the room as roomservice? We will be eating in the hotel bar/restaurant but wonder will they be strict with the 90 minute window for hotel guests also?

Interesting one so it is.

going slightly off topic but is there a distinction in law between a restaurant/pub and a pub and a restaurant ? is there separate laws? are they seen as closer to pubs or a restaurant ?

If you only buy €8.99 worth of food you’re as good as dead.

will pubs reopen in july or just wait to august ?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

20th July for bars.

You serious with these questions? Then again I am desperate for a pint of Guinness in my local...

seamusk84 wrote: »
    20th July for bars.

You serious with these questions? Then again I am desperate for a pint of Guinness in my local...
    its august for bars. july for bars that serve food

im just wondering what it will be like when some of the pubs open early to serve food. it sounds like a lot of hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Bob Z wrote: »
    its august for bars. july for bars that serve food

im just wondering what it will be like when some of the pubs open early to serve food. it sounds like a lot of hassle

No its not. All bars without food can open 20th July. 29th june for those operating as restaurants.

There's already threads on this

No its not. All bars without food can open 20th July. 29th june for those operating as restaurants.

There's already threads on this

right im not sure where i got august from. maybe it was a mooted date?

thats still a wait of nearly a month

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bob Z wrote: »
    right im not sure where i got august from. maybe it was a mooted date?

thats still a wait of nearly a month

It was August originally but they brought the last stage forward in to July.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I do wonder about hotel bars now though. I've 2 nights away for the first weekend in July and of course we'll be out for dinner and we'll have a few drknks with dinner but I wonder seeing as we're staying in a hotel will the bar be open to residents or if we can get something to the rolm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

I do wonder about hotel bars now though. I've 2 nights away for the first weekend in July and of course we'll be out for dinner and we'll have a few drknks with dinner but I wonder seeing as we're staying in a hotel will the bar be open to residents or if we can get something to the rolm

The original plan had hotel bars not opening, so presumably that will still be the case until July 20. But most hotel bars also serve food, so maybe now they will be open?

One would expect there to be some common sense so room service would be a given - or just buy a bottle of wine for the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭893bet

In a hotel room.

Getting pints delivered which are normally ****e in a hotel but now will be extra ****e from the delivery service.

Rather be at home.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,716 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Saw NPHET mention that nightclubs wouldn’t open until the 10th July at the earliest. Would have thought pubs would open before nightclubs.

Have already said it on another thread but think the distinction between pubs serving food and those serving drink once table service is daft. In any event I don’t see pubs being strict on implanting the €9 meal. Can see them maybe allowing groups to just spend that between them.

Wonder is there any possibility that the 20th July will be brought forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So you can go pay a game of football next week, full contact and sweat on other people but you can't sit beside someone in a pub. Makes sense.

• Advertisement

Redo91 wrote: »
    Saw NPHET mention that nightclubs wouldn’t open until the 10th July at the earliest. Would have thought pubs would open before nightclubs.

Have already said it on another thread but think the distinction between pubs serving food and those serving drink once table service is daft. In any event I don’t see pubs being strict on implanting the €9 meal. Can see them maybe allowing groups to just spend that between them.

Wonder is there any possibility that the 20th July will be brought forward?

before cv19 happened was there any distinction ?

Advertisement