Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Unkel you really need to calm down and stop buying watches haha is that the third one this week?

I love the Milgauss. Probably the least Rolexy Rolex apart from the Cellini. Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

redlead wrote: »
    Unkel you really need to calm down and stop buying watches haha is that the third one this week?

I love the Milgauss. Probably the least Rolexy Rolex apart from the Cellini. Well wear

It's the only Rolex I really like but would be too big on me.

I'll need to start packing on the pounds to pull one off but I'm not sure that's the best idea for my long term health.

Still want to try one on though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Very nice. I like the Milgauss. Not so sure it will work long term as a “1 good watch” in a collection. Def needs a few more to keep it company.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote: »
    I've admired this watch for a long time. It was the only one that I really liked in that shop full of pretty much all the Rolex watches in Manhattan a couple of years ago. I have tried it on twice in the last while and when fitzgeme posted his SOTC last night, its beauty just stood out and it started singing to me and I just had to have it. Deal quickly done, trading in my Explorer 1, 214270 in a deal mutually satisfactory for both buyer and seller. The Explorer turned out to be just a bit too understated for my liking and the Milgauss is just perfect. A bit bolder, the colours, the green and the orange lightning bolt. And to my surprise, I really like the bit of bling that the polished centre links give the watch. I am totally delighted with it :)

It’s lovely but I give it a month

Tops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Cyrus wrote: »
    It’s lovely but I give it a month

Tops :D

You're wrong. Unless maybe a YM40 in blue comes along at very keen money or someone wants to do a straight swap for a Blue Z. Nah, no chance of that. You're wrong :pac:

Out of interest, why didn't you buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Fun fact, the Milgauss does not have a crown laser engraved into the glass at the 6 oclock like all the other modern Rolex.

I often wonder what happened to the guy who claimed to have a barn find Milgauss from the 1960's and was taking it to da local jewler for a spiff up.

Sold it at auction I thought. Something like 20k if memory serves me right. It probably doesn't though.

You're wrong. Unless maybe a YM40 in blue comes along at very keen money or someone wants to do a straight swap for a Blue Z. Nah, no chance of that. You're wrong :pac:

Out of interest, why didn't you buy it?

I’ve had 2 Milgauss’s and didn’t keep them buying another would result in the same I need to keep reminding myself of this when I look at watches I’ve already owned !

IMG-20200611-100621.jpg

I'm having the hardest time getting good pictures of the straps I got last week. One for this and one with white thread for another watch.

Cyrus wrote: »
    I’ve had 2 Milgauss’s and didn’t keep them buying another would result in the same I need to keep reminding myself of this when I look at watches I’ve already owned !

Yet you were making an offer on the one I bought? Would have been your #3 then? :p

Not that I'm any different, I've had 3 Seiko PADI blue Turtles. Sold them all and I won't promise I will never own one again :o:D

• Advertisement

Yet you were making an offer on the one I bought? Would have been your #3 then? :p

Not that I'm any different, I've had 3 Seiko PADI blue Turtles. Sold them all and I won't promise I will never own one again :o:D

To ask about a Daytona ;)

Ah! I didn't realise you hadn't dealt with that seller before on adverts or didn't have his number. In that case the only way to contact them is by making an offer on a thread that might be totally unrelated. It's a flaw in the adverts setup imho.

Got this excellent 40x loupe from Amazon today, has its own little light, nothing else exciting really

20200611-173924.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Is the Coor's light genuine? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Coors light!
    FFS...
    Probably drinks it with a glass of ice too ;)

On a slightly FG and loupe related note...
    That one I ordered on your recommendation came yesterday, the mounted light and actually comfortable glasses.
    Thanks for that :)

I can’t deal with how fast you are moving Fitz!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

Link to the loup?

david wrote: »
    Is the Coor's light genuine? :pac:

I drinks what Mrs. Fitzgeme get me, but it is horrid piss water.

Link to Loupe its actually 30x and 60x

20200611-180729.jpg

But seriously its here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076VLQ4H3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You bastard. I'm going green with envy. I'm going to burst out of my clothes soon

Well wear! :D

Now that’s a sub ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Handy having a product photographer in the house :P

516036.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Took delivery of a Flieger today, my first Stowa..

IMG-20200611-161937251.jpg

The picture quality doesn't to it justice, gorgeous to look at. Manual wind.

IMG-20200611-WA0013.jpg

Well wear Forrest, that is stunning!

thanks banie01, it only took me about 6 months to make my mind up, I won't list all the watches I had in mind also :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

thanks banie01, it only took me about 6 months to make my mind up, I won't list all the watches I had in mind also :o

Beautiful watch. So close to buying that over the last year.

tenor.gif

Quite the fan of pilot watches..

IMG-20200607-164715911.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Quite the fan of pilot watches..

SNIP

Nice, how does the mph work, surely it's not got a speedo in it :pac:

And what strap is that, just the type i'm looking for

I drinks what Mrs. Fitzgeme get me, but it is horrid piss water.

Link to Loupe its actually 30x and 60x

FwCzW0611-180729.jpg

But seriously its here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076VLQ4H3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That’s a real heavy hitter. Congrats!

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nice, how does the mph work, surely it's not got a speedo in it :pac:

And what strap is that, just the type i'm looking for

oh you get a booklet on how to operate the slide rule for all sorts of calculations, I gave up after the first page :D

The strap was a purchase from Amazon, nothing special but thought it matched perfectly. However the fitting of the strap was anything but perfect. With a lug width of 19mm I think and not much of a gap between the springbars and the case made it a very fiddly task. Needless to say I won't be changing out the strap any time soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement