Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

unkel wrote: »
    In the post this morning, a well worn auto Seiko diver. A bit like myself, old, cheap, with signs of wear but functioning perfectly :D:p:o :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=515773&stc=1&d=1591697964[/IMG]

It's like the watch equivalent of buying a pair of faded jeans, someone else has done all the beating for you ;) It's in rag order, but for some reason kind of suits it. Cool watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Just arrived today - photo not great, but light bounces off the blue trim really nicely!

515774.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

They were super value from Argos/Amazon..I got one from Argos but gifted to my son and already have the all metal..

• Registered Users Posts: 65,003 ✭✭✭✭unkel

redlead wrote: »
    It's like the watch equivalent of buying a pair of faded jeans, someone else has done all the beating for you ;)

My wife and daughters buy faded jeans with holes in them and pay the full brand new RRP price for them :p

That automatic Seiko diver cost me EUR79 including shipping by registered tracked post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

My wife and daughters buy faded jeans with holes in them and pay the full brand new RRP price for them :p

That automatic Seiko diver cost me EUR79 including shipping by registered tracked post :)
    Nice steal - I love the patina. Many bottles of toilet duck have lost their lives with lads trying to create that ghost look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

A Seiko 5 Sports in diver style, rated to 100m water resistance.

Is that actually capable of anything more than swimming, possibly snorkelling?

Not trolling, just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

^ My bugbear! 5ATM (50m) and really 3ATM (30m) is enough for recreational diving. As long as it performs to its stated WR. Open divers go down to 18m max so most people never even reach needing more than 3ATM.

ISO 6425 for diving watches only require at least 100m water resistance. Divers have other actual tool requirements (minute markers, lumed second hand, unidirectional bezel etc.) - technically a Vostok Amphibia wouldn't meet the ISO standard - doesn't mean it's not a diver though - it just can't purport to satisfy the ISO standard.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk023xLBwckUA3s4pY3AwtNNCE_BJsg%3A1591702276967&ei=BHPfXo7LOp2k1fAP_NW-IA&q=iso+diver+6425+100m&oq=iso+diver+6425+100m&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoECAAQRzoCCAA6BAgAEEM6BggAEBYQHjoICAAQFhAKEB5QwgRYzhpgwRxoAHABeACAAWWIAe4EkgEDOS4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiO3bmG0fTpAhUdUhUIHfyqDwQQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Modern seals and technique means that watches with "only" 5ATM can normally handle quite a bit more...

My Speedmaster with 3ATM handles 6ATM like a champ (having personally tested it), Starlight at 5ATM handles 8ATM without problems. Technically I could take either of them scuba diving with me to my maximum depth (-18m) but 1) for the speedmaster you'd be worried about activating the pushers accidentally and potentially wrecking a 3-4k watch and 2) leather straps (even salmon ones :D) don't take saltwater well :p I swim with my 3ATM speedmaster without worries - wouldn't be my choice of watch for swimming - but wouldn't be worried about it.

The only ones you really need to worry about are the cheap watches which state 3ATM when they mean "we don't seal/test it" - actual 3ATM will handle almost anything you need it to handle day to day water-wise.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Be careful with those aftermarket PVD coatings, very prone to peeling and chipping, and they devalue the watch a good bit. Better buy a regular OEM one and put it on a Rubber B black strap.

I just can't do it! Can't do the rubber strap. They break my heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Arrived this week. Cheeky low offer that I was surprised was accepted.

Union.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

That's lovely. Any details like reference etc?

It is a Union Glashutte Noramis 40mm

Ref: D005.407.16.087.01

They usually come on a leather strap but I was lucky enough to find this one on a bracelet. At some point I will get a leather strap for some variety though at 21mm its a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

It's amazing how a strap change can completely change the look of a watch

515819.jpg

It's amazing how a strap change can completely change the look of a watch. Not a great pic bit I put a tan strap on my vintage wostok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Ops I did it again...2019 SMP 300m black ceramic with Zirconia Dial, these things are stunning. Adverts buy, 2019 Full set, 9.9/10 condition even some stickers still on.

20200609-192509.jpg

20200609-192540.jpg

20200609-192603.jpg

20200609-192627.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

END THE LOCKDOWN NOW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jesus FG!
    Well wear, you are going to have your own bloody watch boutique by the time lockdown ends! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Love that. Always admire the Seamasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭893bet

I see you making the offer on the add and lolled! Didn’t think you would end up buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ionised wrote: »
    Arrived this week. Cheeky low offer that I was surprised was accepted.

https://i.ibb.co/nmft8tv/Union.jpg

Now that is cool. I love the bracelet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=515819&d=1591726309

It's amazing how a strap change can completely change the look of a watch. Not a great pic bit I put a tan strap on my vintage wostok

Nice to see a vostok that's not an amphibian or komandirskie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Ops I did it again...2019 SMP 300m black ceramic with Zirconia Dial, these things are stunning. Adverts buy, 2019 Full set, 9.9/10 condition even some stickers still on.

How did I miss this on Adverts? Please tell me it wasn't a good deal... I've been humming and hawing over this exact model online for a while. @Fitzgeme first dibs please if you decide to sell it!

And well wear, looks stunning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

eljono wrote: »
    How did I miss this on Adverts? Please tell me it wasn't a good deal... I've been humming and hawing over this exact model online for a while. @Fitzgeme first dibs please if you decide to sell it!

And well wear, looks stunning

Make me an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

No emotional attachment with that purchase so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭893bet

Make me an offer.

Hold on.

He has to buy my VC first!

Cienciano wrote: »
    Nice to see a vostok that's not an amphibian or komandirskie.

I have a couple of other unusual vostoks too, I do love the amphibias though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Make me an offer.

515870.gif

Another one in the post this morning. Poljot Alarm watch (vintage). Charming watch, the NATO suits it. Alarm works great, sounds a bit like a buzzing bee as some people said :D

515891.jpg

It's a 20mm strap on 18mm lugs. Which I have no problem with, I do that myself too sometimes to give extra stability and wearing comfort. Wouldn't sit well with anyone with OCD though :p Watch is 36mm and it wears a bit smaller than I had hoped - it looks bigger in the pictures. Lovely watch all the same.

I've admired this watch for a long time. It was the only one that I really liked in that shop full of pretty much all the Rolex watches in Manhattan a couple of years ago. I have tried it on twice in the last while and when fitzgeme posted his SOTC last night, its beauty just stood out and it started singing to me and I just had to have it. Deal quickly done, trading in my Explorer 1, 214270 in a deal mutually satisfactory for both buyer and seller. The Explorer turned out to be just a bit too understated for my liking and the Milgauss is just perfect. A bit bolder, the colours, the green and the orange lightning bolt. And to my surprise, I really like the bit of bling that the polished centre links give the watch. I am totally delighted with it :)

515944.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Looks better on your wrist than it would on mine. You're welcome :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another one in the post this morning. Poljot Alarm watch (vintage). Charming watch, the NATO suits it. Alarm works great, sounds a bit like a buzzing bee as some people said :D

SNIP

It's a 20mm strap on 18mm lugs. Which I have no problem with, I do that myself too sometimes to give extra stability and wearing comfort. Wouldn't sit well with anyone with OCD though :p Watch is 36mm and it wears a bit smaller than I had hoped - it looks bigger in the pictures. Lovely watch all the same.

Love the look of this Unkel, strap really suits it too.

Pity about the crack on the glass though........wait.....ya hairy git!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement