Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Time...your prize is a F-91w PM me and I will post it to you :)

PM Sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Few new shiny bits for the SRP today

515113.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Casio Duro

IMG-20200603-154024.jpg

48mm lug to lug on my childlike arm. If I wear it low on the wrist knuckle it doesnt look too bad. I don't think the 44mm case size is doing me any favours.

Maybe if it was 40mm case it might not be as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

seiko Turtle Save the Ocean "Limited" edition. Very nice dial. Need get a strapcode bracelet for it.

20200603-165306.jpg

20200603-165416.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,001 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Looks like you're set back to level 1 on your chart, fitzgeme :p

Not to worry, I'll probably buy that Turtle off you again at some point :D

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Looks like you're set back to level 1 on your chart, fitzgeme :p

Not to worry, I'll probably buy that Turtle off you again at some point :D

I have another one incoming too.....:D Actually made a ridiculous low ball to a dealer on Chono24 and he accepted it for a Arnie reissue after seeing it on here. Love that watch and as a child of the 80's it get me in the nostalgia.

Going to try no sell watches for a while and accumulate them. There is no rolex on my radar except the skydweller and that a long wait if it ever materialises.

No adverts ad is safe, so if your after bargains you better be quick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

david wrote: »

SNIP

Beautiful watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭garyskeepers

david wrote: »

READ the bloody title.

Thats absolutely gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

What happened to ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS*** ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I prefer the Save the Ocean both lovely watches though.

Think the one on the right may be my next (mental :))purchase

Seiko-Prospex-Dawn-Grey-Europe-Limited-Edition-Turtle-SRPD01K1-Samurai-SRPD03K1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wibbs comes around to their house and punches them in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Are the "turtles" all characterised by that metal shroud/back-plate?

It does nothing for me I have to say.

fat bloke wrote: »

Thats the classic turtle case...its a chunky monkey but at this stage its "iconic". You are right, if they slimmed down the case if would be a better watch. There was a trend thats only dying out now towards big watches, I am so happy watches are getting smaller.

dinorebel wrote: »
    I prefer the Save the Ocean both lovely watches though.

Think the one on the right may be my next (mental :))purchase
    Love the Grey Dawn - the detail on that dial is class.

To be honest I'm the same about the Turtles. The gilt wouldn't have been my first preference. Got a bargain well below market too good to pass up. STO or STO Great White still on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭garyskeepers

Birneybau wrote: »
    I thought, what with it being the end of the World and all that, I'd break 'er out for the day. May as well die stylish.

SNIP

(Thanks in advance for embedding image Wibbs)

No worries B :-)

Love a good 'olex'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

I don't think quoting photos is an issue if they are hosted elsewhere? I never upload photos to boards..I use ibb image hosting and paste the link on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't think quoting photos is an issue if they are hosted elsewhere? I never upload photos to boards..I use ibb image hosting and paste the link on boards

No, it's really annoying in general, especially while viewing on mobile - doesn't matter where it's hosted.

Quoting photos is banned because you have to keep scrolling past the same picture over and over, it moves threads onto next page unnecessarily etc.

If you quote a post with photos just remove the img tags from it. The photo will exist as a link to preserve the context of what you are replying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

fat bloke wrote: »

I'm the same. Was going to ask, personal preference aside, what is the attraction of the Turtle was over the Samurai? I may be missing something :) I had a quick scan on C24 there at prices and the Dawn Grey Turtle is a bit pricier than the Samurai but it's not as nice, imo.

What? Put a pic up? Oh, well if you insist....

515252.jpg

Quoting photos is banned because you have to keep scrolling past the same picture over and over, it moves threads onto next page unnecessarily etc.

If you quote a post with photos just remove the img tags from it. The photo will exist as a link to preserve the context of what you are replying to.

What about quoting posts about quoting pics, that quoted pics......inception baby three layers deep.We will have to follow the kick all the way up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

What about quoting posts about quoting pics, that quoted pics......inception baby three layers deep.We will have to follow the kick all the way up..

I thought quoting was banned as it would take up unnecessary storage for boards?

Seiko SBDX001 ("MM300") today.

I have this about 10 years or so now I think. Imported from Japan (amazing value). It has some wear for sure, but would never consider selling it. I also like to wear it on a rubber strap (isofrane, although you need skinny spring bars to make that sork, or Crafter Blue, which is a bit of a faff with the need to put the clasp on - on balance I prefer the iso)

Anyway still going strong. Still just about my favourite Seiko diver, for all it's flaws.

Tpbp5cKh.jpg

Quick snap taken indoors - I'm useless at these but at the 6, 7, 8 indices you can see some of the nice finishing details (fine bevelling work), they also did the hands very well, and the date window (brushed steel for the date dial) but my crap pictures don't show this.

MvwLRsBh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Btw - it's different limits for bring goods in without customs duties if you're flying in vs if you're sending stuff in the post (can't remember off the top of my head what the limit is but it's not €29 like for post - €22 but they don't charge if VAT is less than €7 or something so effectively €29). Something in the hundreds I believe for buying as a gift from abroad and bringing back - walk through that green lane with confidence :D

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Btw - it's different limits for bring goods in without customs duties if you're flying in vs if you're sending stuff in the post (can't remember off the top of my head what the limit is but it's not €29 like for post - €22 but they don't charge if VAT is less than €7 or something so effectively €29). Something in the hundreds I believe for buying as a gift from abroad and bringing back - walk through that green lane with confidence :D

I've never been to Japan :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Ninja edit ha

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

New to me seiko ninja tuna arrived to join my samurai. Loving the seiko at the minute.photbucket not hosting anymore so not sure how to post pic!

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    New to me seiko ninja tuna arrived to join my samurai. Loving the seiko at the minute.photbucket not hosting anymore so not sure how to post pic!
    Beaut excited to see it, just click Reply, "Attach File" to your post in "Additional Options", when it's uploaded copy the url, press the "insert image" button and paste. It'll add the tags for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I use imgbb.com for hosting my images now.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

hitemfrank wrote:
    I use imgbb.com for hosting my images now.
    Which links? Bbcodes or html?

• Advertisement

Which links? Bbcodes or html?
    BB codes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement