Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭893bet

Took delivery of a Flieger today, my first Stowa..

The picture quality doesn't to it justice, gorgeous to look at. Manual wind.

M

Stowa are a lot of value. Eyed a few more recently myself.

Big fan of that watch arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

893bet wrote: »
    That’s a real heavy hitter. Congrats!

Thanks, I am going to wear it a lot, its not an investment. I am going to pair down the watches just to the ones I really like, having too many you never wear the one you really like trying to give them all a go....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

david wrote: »
    Is the Coor's light genuine? :pac:

Genuine piss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭893bet

Thanks, I am going to wear it a lot, its not an investment. I am going to pair down the watches just to the ones I really like, having too many you never wear the one you really like trying to give them all a go....

I have never had one on my wrist sadly for a slit second! So expect a visit!

How do you rate it on first impressions verses the other Rolex you have and had in the collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

It's any interesting plan. I have my three omegas and Casio all metal for trashing about. I don't think I'd get wear out of any more watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah ive come to the conclusion that 4 is probably the right number for me, 5 at a push

893bet wrote: »
    I have never had one on my wrist sadly for a slit second! So expect a visit!

How do you rate it on first impressions verses the other Rolex you have and had in the collection?

Colour is much darker than in photos, and a strong sunburst on the dial. I tried a good few times and cannot get a good photo of it. Looks quality and feels quality. Fairly standard submariner fair apart from that. Ceramic bezel is lovely. I suppose there is an element of it being one of the high demand models thats nice. Flashy enough.

Yeah Cyrus I think you have it at 4 or 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Cyrus wrote: »
    yeah ive come to the conclusion that 4 is probably the right number for me, 5 at a push

Out if curiosity, I'm assuming your not counting beaters in that number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Out if curiosity, I'm assuming your not counting beaters in that number ?

correct although ive given up on that as a concept as well (was just an excuse to buy cheaper watches that started to get more expensive)

an apple watch is all the beater i need

tbf im an accountant so my beating needs arent great :P

correct although ive given up on that as a concept as well (was just an excuse to buy cheaper watches that started to get more expensive)

an apple watch is all the beater i need

tbf im an accountant so my beating needs arent great :P

Well if an Accountant can make the man maths of watch collecting work, so can we all. :D

I am also giving up on the beater idea. You either need your good watch or you dont need a watch on at all. As you rightly say its just an excuse to spend more money.

• Advertisement

Well if an Accountant can make the man maths of watch collecting work, so can we all. :D

I am also giving up on the beater idea. You either need your good watch or you dont need a watch on at all. As you rightly say its just an excuse to spend more money.
    Nah I still want a watch I can use scrubbing pots and pans or tooling around outside like mowing the lawn or tipping about the house. I'm not ocd but I don't like obvious scratches on bezels etc..

Nah I still want a watch I can use scrubbing pots and pans or tooling around outside like mowing the lawn or tipping about the house. I'm not ocd but I don't like obvious scratches on bezels etc..

Neither do I, but I just think dont wear a watch in those situations. Take off your good watch and then put it back on. I just end up going....ah its the weekend and I am going to do the lawn so on goes a seiko (which is too good really to batter) and I wear that all day...and then the next day too cause too lazy to get another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Every day is a beater day.

516129.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Neither do I, but I just think dont wear a watch in those situations.

I feel nekkid without a watch. Good watch on all the time, but I do get caught out sometimes doing stuff I shouldn't be doing with a good watch on. If I get dressed and know I will be doing rough stuff straight away, I'll wear a beater. Provided I own one. When I had my Seamaster, it was my one and only watch. But the bezel was already scratched when I bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I’m the total opposite of that , I’ve twenty odd affordable watches in the €200 to €1000 range and wear them all regularly .Most here would probably say sell them all and buy 1 Rolex but I enjoy having a larger collection .

I’m also rough with watches as working on sites albeit not manual but still knock lumps out of most of my watches so when I hear stories of over €1000 to replace damaged bezels it puts me off wearing anything expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

Took delivery of a Flieger today, my first Stowa..

Hi is that the 40 or 43mm case?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Been a weird ride lately, was really happy with my Seiko box and was just about to crown it off with a pre owned GS SBGR099 when things went to sh!t. Head gasket went on my car and the repair cost was just about $3000, mechanic recommended against it because it had overheated on more than one occassion so he suggested a replacement engine. Final bill will be near $4000, so instead of buying a Grand Seiko I found myself having to sell a few pieces to put towards car repairs.

On the plus side this one finally showed up, it took nearly three months to arrive from Australia, 10 weeks sitting in Sydney airport.

SSA345J1 Espresso Cocktail on a Barton gator print strap

WtsCISnl.jpg

Just for some variety

dXH22tdl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Fooking hell that's bad :(

What car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

unkel wrote: »
    Fooking hell that's bad :(

What car is it?

It's a 4.0 V6 Toyota 4Runner 4x4, it's 15-20 hours labour to install it, and the replacement engine cost me 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ryano87 wrote: »
    Hi is that the 40 or 43mm case?

Thanks

40mm, the classic version, not the sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That Presage is a fine looking watch, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Bought a slate grey sailcloth strap from Barton for my Steiny 39mm Pepsi GMT which looked pretty average. Threw it on my speedy and think its looks brilliant IMO.

Also kids wanted watches so gave them anything i could find. I think the eldest boy is ready for something special, thinking of a Fireman Sam automatic or a Paw Patrol chrono 40mm :)

20200613-112439.jpg
    20200613-112450.jpg
    20200613-112724.jpg

Looks class sparrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Y’all just taking the p**s now with your on a “Barton “

🀔😳

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Y’all just taking the p**s now with your on a “Barton “

🀔😳

Thank you for your complaint Deep Thought, please follow the link below.

https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/pages/privacy-policy-and-terms-of-use

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

516598.jpgFinally, my Vostok (from Ukraine) arrived... its a battered piece of sh1t but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Keyzer wrote: »
    Finally, my Vostok (from Ukraine) arrived... its a battered piece of sh1t but I like it.

That, to me, is a thing of beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Those bezels are super easy to replace if you wanted to put on a new black one and keep the original too obviously. I bought my one off some chap in Moldova (I'll take your Ukraine and raise you another despotic Ex Soviet kip :-P ) They must be the worst bezels ever designed, I don't know how they were ever used for actual diving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

In Soviet Russia - if you need more diving time underwater - just turn the bezel clockwise - magic! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Postman brought something other than just bills today!

36xsKkDl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement