Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

Really? Drug addicts are criminals and should not be given state aid... thats your argument against asylum seekers?
    While we are at it, **** the heroin addicts that are on the streets too. Sure they are only criminal scum and dont deserve help \s
    The PTSD riddled soldiers returning from conflict zones..... they are turning to drugs to cope too. **** them too. Everyday irish people who turn to the bottle after suffering bereavement or some other traumatic event. Sure while we are at it, lets ostracise them too. \s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

McHardcore wrote: »
    Really? Drug addicts are criminals and should not be given state aid... thats your argument against asylum seekers?
    While we are at it, **** the heroin addicts that are on the streets too. Sure they are only criminal scum and dont deserve help \s
    The PTSD riddled soldiers returning from conflict zones..... they are turning to drugs to cope too. **** them too. Everyday irish people who turn to the bottle after suffering bereavement or some other traumatic event. Sure while we are at it, lets ostracise them too. \s

We're constantly told by the EU, our own Govt and the media that these migrants are completely destitute and are making the journey with only the shirts on their backs. Bringing in illegals drugs [and having the latest cell phones] goes against the "They're poor and have no where else to go" narrative that we're expected to constantly swallow.

Where did you hear that asylum seekers are bringing in drugs into the country?
    How expensive do you think a mobile phone is these days?
    What would you consider an essential item if you had to keep in touch with family, friends and government agencies when you had to leave your country?

Look past the hate and think about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Where did you hear that asylum seekers are bringing in drugs into the country? .

The single highest source of asylum seekers for 2018, was Albania.

Across Europe and specifically across the water in Eng, the Albanians (0.3% of their population), according to their own NCA have established near total control of the 'white powder' market.

Luckily their rejection rate for 2018 was 99.97% (slight indication of fraudulent applications). Around the same year a couple of gangs of Albanian lads jumped out of the back of trucks from Europe and bolted across Co Laois when the drivers checked their haulage.

Let's think about this.

Also the primary reason for folks at France trying for Dover is that the uk (unlike France) does not require photo ID to be carried at all times. This assists with both welfare and economic fraud, perfect for entering the blackmarket, if that was an intention.

Wrong!

Not the Albanians. Try the Irish. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/irish-gangs-join-british-to-control-europe-s-drug-gateways-1.2665103
    Unless your talking about washing powder and not drugs when you say white powder?
    You cant blame "d'foreigners" for everything bad.

• Advertisement

Not the Albanians.
    Wrong!
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/29/albanian-gangs-control-uk-cocaine-market-says-agency

Also more locally, the Irish gangs will avail of many/any other bigger players to assist them, if it means making more black market moolah in their pockets.

Four suspected members of South American 'hit team' held in midlands
    https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2020/0527/1142921-midlands-arrest/

Ah Christ almighty.

Ya know your linking to UK articles and we are in Ireland, yea?
    You think the Albanians are bringing in the drugs over the Irish Kinahans?
    Do you understand that by saying "Albanians control the drugs market therefor Albanian asylum seekers are bringing in the drugs" is implying causation where its correlation? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

You should go back to entertaining us with your fabricated asylum seeker stories.
    Met a poor Syrian lad in the corner shop pointing to a packet of eggs last year, took 10mins to work out he wanted some eggs bought, no problem he looked underfed so handed them to him outside. Better a packet of eggs than a shandy anyway.
    I got a great laugh out of that one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭enricoh

Now now accumulator we all know the nasty albanians went to the UK and the nice ones are coming to Ireland!
    When immigration officials asked them why they came to Ireland not one of them mentioned selling drugs.

Those poor Nigerians were forced by a nasty direct provision owner to introduce crack cocaine 15 years ago to Ireland. A lasting legacy, fair play to them.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.irishtimes.com/news/eight-arrested-in-dublin-crack-cocaine-raids-1.782255%3Fmode%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwjKndTT5NbpAhU0aRUIHZG0Bw4QFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0Ke58aNyLNsYkgrdjdsQnx&ampcf=1

Ya know your linking to UK articles and we are in Ireland
    That was made very clear: "Across Europe and specifically across the water in Eng".

Right across Europe, and at Ireland's closest neighbour, with extensive common language, culture and open travel arrangements, yes indeed 0.3% of the uk's population (Albanians) run the higher quality product show.

Even when Leeson want to select a gang of bad guys for one of his typical mainland EU thriller movies (trafficking, voilence, drugs), his defualt choice is the Albanians.

So when you try to dismiss their 99.97% asylum rejection rate (2018) in Ireland.

And when you try to ignore the fact that they were the single largest source of applicants that year (not including the gangs that leaped out of eu-trucks in the midlands), you're only playing dumb-dumbs with yourself.

You are telling us that you get your view of Albanians from Liam Neeson action films? :rolleyes:

Ah here, it must be past your bedtime. No wonder you didn't understand that the Syrian kid wanted eggs when he was pointing at them in a shop.

• Advertisement

Where did you hear that asylum seekers are bringing in drugs into the country?
    How expensive do you think a mobile phone is these days?
    What would you consider an essential item if you had to keep in touch with family, friends and government agencies when you had to leave your country?

Look past the hate and think about this.

Again we're told that they had to flee with only the shirts on the backs. Having mobile phones and such indicates that they clearly had time to pack and not rush for the boat to bring them to safety like we're being told. Being able to pack is hardly fleeing.

You are telling us that you get your view of Albanians from....

The 99.97% rejection rate (fraudsters) in application for Asylum in Ireland. Granted 3 (out of every 1,000) may well have a case for proceeding.

If you bothered to do a bit of hard research, maybe you'd find out why. Still it's past your bedtime now, maybe tommorow eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Return them to their own countries. The old argument of the Irish emigrated/were accepted everywhere is spurious and hold no weight with me.

This country gives far too much in foreign aid, allows way too many people in that have no genuine reason to be here other than for money and fails its own citizens on a daily basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

Something that makes me laugh.

The left in this country are the strongest advocates of economic shutdown, prolonging the lockdown. Primarily because their voters love being unemployed and are in no rush to return to work, and also because they like to see wealthy businessmen hit in the pocket.

Point is though- they were (correctly) demanding in the early days that our borders should be shut to tourists from mainland Europe and the UK to help prevent the virus spreading.

I get the distinct feeling that if the virus epicentres hadn't been in Northern Italy, London, Paris and Madrid, and had instead gained a serious initial foothold in the refugee camps of Lebanon, Eastern Turkey and the Greek islands, anybody advocating for a shutdown of refugee resettlement on public health grounds would have been accused by the same lefties who wanted to close off tourist traffic, of lacking humanity, of peddling the politics of fear, and whatever other buzwords these losers can come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Ellie Kisyombe 'fled' Malawi, fearing for her safety, in the same article she tells us she's been back there on holiday.

Whilst in Ireland she languished in Direct Provision, and campaigned against the system that gave her refuge (of course)
    but thankfully she was granted residency and secured HAP and shortly after her was given her free house.

https://amp.independent.ie/style/freedom-in-lockdown-39247302.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Absolutely stunning
    A few weeks after she first received the news that she had been granted residency, Ellie began to notice her mood dropping. All that she had lost in her time in the direct provision system began to hit her, she recalls now. "I started feeling homesick. During my time in direct provision, I lost so many people and I didn't even get to go to their funerals. I lost one of the big pillars in my family, my aunt who raised me after the death of my parents."

After a few weeks of getting settled in their new home, Ellie decided to return to Malawi in February of this year.

"Part of me felt like if I went to Malawi, I could have a sense of healing; I was in a very bad place. To go back to Malawi and see where my aunt lay, see where the whole family lay. I went to the graveyard and it was just filled with tombstones. I went to many houses, my aunt's or my dad's, all these homes were empty. Or I found a stranger or a house caretaker. There was only my uncle. It was just the two of us."

She arrived back just as Covid-19 restrictions began to come into place, putting on pause the new life she was beginning to build.
    Only in Ireland could we be taken for such fools and have our faces rubbed in it so brazenly.
    The Indo should be ashamed of themselves but they're long past that along with the rest of the Irish media

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

jay0109 wrote: »
    Absolutely stunning

Only in Ireland could we be taken for such fools and have our faces rubbed in it so brazenly.
    The Indo should be ashamed of themselves but they're long past that along with the rest of the Irish media
    I feel oddly like I would if we were under a coup and they had somehow taken control of the Irish media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

Ellie Kisyombe 'fled' Malawi, fearing for her safety, in the same article she tells us she's been back there on holiday.

]

That is absolutely staggering. How much money did she cost in her 10 years in DP, the legal fees etc..

Why in the jaysus has she qualified for HAP housing in probably the most expensive rental market in the entire state, inner city Dublin? It's one thing for people who grew up in the area, but this wan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nesta2018

If you look at her announcement on Twitter, a lot of high profile luvvies are showering her with praise. She had a brand (the cookery school), a (dubious) story and a hard neck, and won over enough well-placed people to portray those questioning her background as racists. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

She’ll be sitting around malawi now telling the whole village about how she pulled one over ln ol paddy ireland and was rewarded beyond most peoples wildest dreams growing upthere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Whilst in Ireland she languished in Direct Provision, and campaigned against the system that gave her refuge (of course)
    but thankfully she was granted residency and secured HAP and shortly after her was given her free house.

https://amp.independent.ie/style/freedom-in-lockdown-39247302.html?__twitter_impression=true

My ex-gf is from Malawi. It's called the "warm heart of Africa" ffs. There is little to no danger there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

She’ll be sitting around malawi now telling the whole village about how she pulled one over ln ol paddy ireland and was rewarded beyond most peoples wildest dreams growing upthere.
    Well, how it works in Ireland is that now she can apply for the reunification of the whole village, so that the elders can come to Ireland and get free housing and the non-contributory pension plus the other numerous welfare benefits immediately. And the younger ones can get set up for a lucrative life on the Irish welfare system.

If an alien came down from a far off world, he/she/it would be truly bewildered to see Ireland's welfare and asylum system in action. They would promptly return to their home planet ..... scratching their multiple heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Kivaro wrote: »
    Well, how it works in Ireland is that now she can apply for the reunification of the whole village, so that the elders can come to Ireland and get free housing and the non-contributory pension plus the other numerous welfare benefits immediately. And the younger ones can get set up for a lucrative life on the Irish welfare system.

If an alien came down from a far off world, he/she/it would be truly bewildered to see Ireland's welfare and asylum system in action. They would promptly return to their home planet ..... scratching their multiple heads.

Thats it, letting one in is letting 8 in. We need to seriously overhaul the swiss cheese nature of our borders.

Ellie Kisyombe is now on with Ciara Kelly on Newstalk discussing Black Lines matters and the racism she has encountered in Ireland.

Can it get any more bizarre or outlandish!

Ellie Kisyombe is now on with Ciara Kelly on Newstalk discussing Black Lines matters and the racism she has encountered in Ireland.

Can it get any more bizarre or outlandish!

Don't you just love how these immigrants who've never worked a day in their lives here can cry about horrible they're treated here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Absolutely stunning

There has to be some element of deliberately including this kind of thing in order to enrage the public, after all, if you were really pro-immigration, you would hide this kind of info from the public. Although maybe they really are just thick?

They're not thick at all. They're actually so self righteous and so pompus, they feel they know better and are here to educate the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

There's an element in this country who even hate and disdain people with Irish parents and passports for being born in England, it segues into how emigrants are perceived, go to Oz or the U.S, you're a trailblaizing pioneering Hiberno-hero, go to the place an hour away to the East, you're a mail boat tinker, a West Brit and your offspring are 'Tans', completely British and clueless about Ireland, even if they've practically grown up here compared to Irish-Americans.

You can imagine what they think of Poles or Nigerians who've settled here.

dd973 wrote: »
    There's an element in this country who even hate and disdain people with Irish parents and passports for being born in England,

I was born in the US to Ireland born parents and I'm called a Plastic Paddy by the same people who are calling these migrants "New Irish".

My closest friends in this Country are the Polish.

• Advertisement

She's on RTE crying again. And she and RTE are celebrating the protests yesterday. Its as if Covid-19 no longer exists.

Advertisement