Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

positron wrote: »
    I agree and understand the first part.

Millions of Indians use Swastika to this day (or the correct version of it) to decorate their houses and front yards. They have been doing so for thousands of years and they will continue to do so, most of them haven't even heard of Hitler of Nazis.

Allahu Akbar is being said between muslims for thousands of years, every day in every occasion you see. They themselves don't associate that with terrorism.

I am just stating some facts, not trying to convince anyone or change anyones mind!

You'll NEVER be able to convince people the swastika is a symbol of peace in the west now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Kivaro wrote: »
    I remember recently seeing a black lady at the United Nations question an Irish delegation about the unfathomable number of NGO's that exist in Ireland; she genuinely could not understand it, and when she asked the Irish delegation about the absurd numbers .............. they were like deer in the headlights.

It's an industry in Ireland.

I pass by an office door in a university in Ireland, poster on the door: "How to start an NGO".

We have thousands of them.

Yes, that comment from the UN was funny, they couldn't get over the size of the Irish delegation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nesta2018

Geuze wrote: »

I pass by an office door in a university in Ireland, poster on the door: "How to start an NGO".

Yes, that comment from the UN was funny, they couldn't get over the size of the Irish delegation.

If you look at the job offers, tenders and volunteering opportunities on activelink.ie you will be astounded at the sheer number of charities and NGOs. There's now an extra layer, where you have charities whose function it is to advise the existing charities how to get more funding from the government and elsewhere. When you consider that charities themselves exist on top of the supports provided by our centralised health, education and welfare systems, that's quite the behemoth.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

The EU would be my guess, they're hell bent on watering down national identities until they build their superstate... Lots of cheap labour and more consumers too, this will go down as a sad time in history

They just follow orders from the Bilderberg group.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Geuze wrote: »

Over 19k currently.
    And to give one example of how that 5.5 billion a year is spent. The National Women's Council of Ireland receive 729k annually from the taxpayer and 718k is spent on wages.
    Safe to assume the situation is probably quite similar for the other 19000 ngos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Seems that the story about the Caherciveen asylum seeker Direct Provision centre just keeps on giving and giving .....

I remember when the story broke about the Covid breakout in the Direct Provision center there, that the Department of Justice claimed to the media that that no resident in the Skellig Star Hotel Centre in Cahirciveen had shown symptoms for “well over two weeks” — which is the incubation period for the virus. Of course the deliberate implication by the "Justice" department was that the asylum seekers caught Covid19 from the Irish locals in this remote village on the west coast of Ireland. Terrible, terrible Irish people giving the asylum seekers Covid.

But unsurprisingly, the Department of Justice were lying through their teeth. It appears that one of the asylum seekers who was transferred from a hotel in Dublin where there had been a positive case of this contagious virus, was showing symptoms within days of arriving. The Department of Justice claimed she tested negative, but of course they failed to divulge that they didn't do the test until a full month after she showed symptoms. More than 20 asylum seekers later contracted the virus in the hotel.

The "Justice" department lied, and their leader Charlie Flanagan was complicit in these series of lies. So Charlie you should resign because you are not fit to lead the Justice department, and you should take your Irish-are-too-white leader Leo Varadkar with you.

More about the story in the Examiner this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

dd973 wrote: »
    There's an element in this country who even hate and disdain people with Irish parents and passports for being born in England, it segues into how emigrants are perceived, go to Oz or the U.S, you're a trailblaizing pioneering Hiberno-hero, go to the place an hour away to the East, you're a mail boat tinker, a West Brit and your offspring are 'Tans', completely British and clueless about Ireland, even if they've practically grown up here compared to Irish-Americans.

You can imagine what they think of Poles or Nigerians who've settled here.

Exactly well put. Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney spring to mind, the latter comes from an incredibly Irish part and family of Liverpool. This could be part of the issue going forward, just our natural way of perceiving people. Neither of these two players are considered Irish even thought they are more Irish than many of our “heroes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

The Irish Times asking the hard hitting questions of its interviewees again.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/thousands-at-risk-of-holiday-hunger-if-school-meals-dropped-1.4275729
    Tarig and his wife, Habab, originally from Sudan, are refugees and have been in Ireland eight years. He was a lawyer before they fled their country’s civil war.

Mr Awadalla said his English was not good enough to practise law here. Though he has completed several courses, including one in home insulation, he has been unable to get work. “I tried many places, shops, restaurants and they all say no because I have no experience. So I decide to focus on my kids.”

He gets job-seeker’s allowance and the family live in a council home.

Your tax euros at work. There's Chinese people in this country who have more jobs than they do words of English. Not a single job offer in 8 years of trying? Come on.

I take it everybody from Inchicore who applied for a council house in the last 8 years has also received one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

A Catholic country accepting refugees from a continent with about three countries Catholic and fifty others protestant or muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/thousands-at-risk-of-holiday-hunger-if-school-meals-dropped-1.4275729

Your tax euros at work. There's Chinese people in this country who have more jobs than they do words of English. Not a single job offer in 8 years of trying? Come on.

I take it everybody from Inchicore who applied for a council house in the last 8 years has also received one.

With all his free time and benefits, surely he could cook his own family a meal? Free gaff, education, welfare and stupid paddy will even deliver you lunch.

This is also the country the media are claiming is racist to its core!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

RTE at it once again, dressing up a very recent DP conditions (we want it all, and we want it now) protest, as a 'black lives ,anti-racist' protest.
    Recent figures show the majority attempts for asylum come from two white countries, that themselves are more likely to boo their own black football players off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I listened to the latest Irish Times politics podcast today on which they had a piece on DP and the talks for the new Govt.

Harry McGee said that the Politicians were only now catching up with where the Irish people have been for some time on the issue of DP i.e. the Irish people believe it to be a bad system and should be done away with!
    I have no idea where Harry got this notion from apart from perhaps, reading pieces in his own paper which align to his thinking on the subject.
    They had an anti-DP academic on and when pressed for the alternative to DP his solution was:
    - 90 days max in a reception centre and then moved to your own house/apartment provided by a housing agency.

But will the natives on the housing waiting list not be miffed to see this and increased racism could be an unintended consequence of abolishing DP asked Harry. Cue a rant from the academic about successive Govt's housing policies, landlords etc etc.

But will housing after 90 days, the ability to work sooner and access to the welfare system not be a pull factor like the supporters of DP say, asked Harry. No said the academic. He has not seen any stats to ever indicate Ireland had any pull factors now or pre DP.

The academic also said that any comparison of our treatment of asylum seekers to other European countries such as France or Germany should never be made. Yes, our systems are better than most countries, including the bigger and richer European ones, but that shouldn't come into our thinking when looking at our systems here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I'm actually quite surprised Harry asked those obvious questions.

Own house/apt after 90 days. Nice.

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    With all his free time and benefits, surely he could cook his own family a meal? Free gaff, education, welfare and stupid paddy will even deliver you lunch.

This is also the country the media are claiming is racist to its core!

There's a delicious irony here.
    “I tried many places, shops, restaurants and they all say no because I have no experience. So I decide to focus on my kids.”

He gets job-seeker’s allowance and the family live in a council home.

So, to be clear, he is getting job SEEKERS allowance after publicly stating that he is no longer bothering to seek a job.

I love this country.

He actually reminds me of Spud from Trainspotting in his job interview "I'm a bit of a perfectionist. If things start gettin a bit heavy than I just cannay be bothered man!".

jay0109 wrote: »
    I listened to the latest Irish Times politics podcast today on which they had a piece on DP and the talks for the new Govt.

Harry McGee said that the Politicians were only now catching up with where the Irish people have been for some time on the issue of DP i.e. the Irish people believe it to be a bad system and should be done away with!

How did he work that one out? The Irish media are very fond of opinion polls on societal issues, but according to my google search they haven't directly reported on one since 2014, possibly because they didn't like the result and decided not to run more of them. Let's be crystal clear, the only people in favour of ending DP and providing immediate housing are Green party D4 types, their useless Trinity attending offspring, and unemployable PBP voters who already have their own housing need met and thus are not in competition with these people.

https://www.google.com/search?q=direct+provision+opinion+poll&hl=en&ei=S_7lXpOJI4-C1fAP4r-96Aw&start=0&sa=N&ved=2ahUKEwjT2vLbjoHqAhUPQRUIHeJfD804FBDy0wN6BAgMECs&biw=1242&bih=597

With the housing crisis worsening since then and moaning spoofers like Ellie Kisyombe and Ebun Joseph making the news you would imagine the results are even more skewed by now.

There's another related poll from 2016 with some pretty bizarre results.

http://www.redcresearch.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Newstalk-Immigration-Poll-Report.pdf

46 percent believe we are taking in a correct number of Syrian refugees, 21% believe not taking enough. Ergo 67% in favour of the programme to some extent.

Yet only 31% believe they should be entitled to full welfare rights. Never mind dole most were provided a permanent home within 90 days. So it seems a lack of education on the issue was prevalent, and with said education opposition was greater.

If only 31% believe people from a war zone should have full welfare rights and preferential housing rights, then the % who would want to extend this to economic migrants would be even smaller.

There's a delicious irony here.

So, to be clear, he is getting job SEEKERS allowance after publicly stating that he is no longer bothering to seek a job.

I love this country.

He actually reminds me of Spud from Trainspotting in his job interview "I'm a bit of a perfectionist. If things start gettin a bit heavy than I just cannay be bothered man!".

Then his welfare benefit should be cancelled. We can’t afford this nonsense anymore. You can’t just decide to give up on employment and expect the state to look after you. This mentality needs to end.

Then his welfare benefit should be cancelled. We can’t afford this nonsense anymore. You can’t just decide to give up on employment and expect the state to look after you. This mentality needs to end.

Don't give him ideas. Try that and he will somehow be shifted on to depression related disability benefit worth an extra 50 a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Don't give him ideas. Try that and he will somehow be shifted on to depression related disability benefit worth an extra 50 a week.
    Probably printing up the leaflet for that now as we speak, along with 'start a NGO in under three days', and muti-page booklets for cultural sensitivities to ignore, when bringing in 'young' brides, that Sweden had a go at once.

The big printer that didn't make it past the door last year, has to be put to use somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Not only that but "Tarig and his wife, Habab, originally from Sudan, are refugees and have been in Ireland eight years. He was a lawyer before they fled their country’s civil war. Mr Awadalla said his English was not good enough to practise law here."

The civil war ended 15 years ago. And Sudan follows sharia law, which I imagine might be a bit different to Irish law; I somehow think the lack of English is only the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Kivaro wrote: »
    Seems that the story about the Caherciveen asylum seeker Direct Provision centre just keeps on giving and giving .....

I remember when the story broke about the Covid breakout in the Direct Provision center there, that the Department of Justice claimed to the media that that no resident in the Skellig Star Hotel Centre in Cahirciveen had shown symptoms for “well over two weeks” — which is the incubation period for the virus. Of course the deliberate implication by the "Justice" department was that the asylum seekers caught Covid19 from the Irish locals in this remote village on the west coast of Ireland. Terrible, terrible Irish people giving the asylum seekers Covid.

But unsurprisingly, the Department of Justice were lying through their teeth. It appears that one of the asylum seekers who was transferred from a hotel in Dublin where there had been a positive case of this contagious virus, was showing symptoms within days of arriving. The Department of Justice claimed she tested negative, but of course they failed to divulge that they didn't do the test until a full month after she showed symptoms. More than 20 asylum seekers later contracted the virus in the hotel.

The "Justice" department lied, and their leader Charlie Flanagan was complicit in these series of lies. So Charlie you should resign because you are not fit to lead the Justice department, and you should take your Irish-are-too-white leader Leo Varadkar with you.

More about the story in the Examiner this morning.

a conspiracy theorist would be inclined to think that they wanted a covid outbreak in a DP centre so as to build a case for abolishing DP

• Advertisement

A parting gift from Zappone

https://www.thejournal.ie/eight-child-migrants-greece-arrive-ireland-5125819-Jun2020/
    MINISTER FOR CHILDREN Katherine Zappone has welcomed the arrival of eight young people from a refugee camp in Greece.

The young people have been separated from their families and are coming here under the International Refugee Protection Programme, which is managed by the Department for Justice.

The children will be received into the care of Tusla, the Child and Family Agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

8 children that mysteriously look like 30 year olds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/21/reading-stabbings-libyan-held-after-three-killed-in-park-attack

Khairi Saadallah, the 25-year-old Libyan refugee held over the stabbings in a Reading park, was on the radar of MI5 in the middle of last year, sources told the Guardian.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1691336/world
    Germany’s Sea Watch rescues 100 migrants off Libya

• Registered Users Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So even though the Yank was booted out in the last election she decided to give us a few more before leaving her cushy well paid job.

Have any of these people documents that proves who they are and their age I wonder?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/21/reading-stabbings-libyan-held-after-three-killed-in-park-attack

Khairi Saadallah, the 25-year-old Libyan refugee held over the stabbings in a Reading park, was on the radar of MI5 in the middle of last year, sources told the Guardian.
    He had mental health issues and had recently converted to Christianity according to the ever reliable Channel 4 news :D

He had mental health issues and had recently converted to Christianity according to the ever reliable Channel 4 news :D
    Yeah I noticed the mental health apologists were trying to get in front of the narrative. Interesting he was on watchlist but as a refugee was not deported.
    Better that people are killed than someone being "offended".
    State agents don't lose jobs over deaths but might for being "racist".
    I guess destroying Libya and bringing freedom to it is really paying off now?

Ch4 news also said he fought in the civil war in Libya from the age of 16 having taken up the UK's cause of ousting Ghaddafi.
    The inference being that the UK now owes him!

Ch4 news also said he fought in the civil war in Libya from the age of 16 having taken up the UK's cause of ousting Ghaddafi.
    The inference being that the UK now owes him!
    So where is the discussion about holding NATO to account for these deaths at home, due to NATO wars abroad? What about the cost in polciing this immediate incident? The ongoing yearly cost of policing the fallout from Syria Iraq Libya?
    The cost of taking in refugees? Etc etc.
    No journalist in the free west will ever tackle NATO or the politicians for those costs, or lets face it the human cost in West and of course in these countries.

Heads of NGOs, those in the immigration industry and Sorcha Pollak of the Irish Times had a zoom conference call discussing immigration.
    “Can we lobby the state to make sure these 500,000 migrants are non-white, it would be a great way to abolish racism in Ireland through demographic change."

https://twitter.com/Stafford85Kelly/status/1276095753702846466

This is just utter madness. Migrant quotas will be the least of our worries. These people are pushing for complete open borders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Heads of NGOs, those in the immigration industry and Sorcha Pollak of the Irish Times had a zoom conference call discussing immigration.

https://twitter.com/Stafford85Kelly/status/1276095753702846466

This is just utter madness. Migrant quotas will be the least of our worries. These people are pushing for complete open borders.

Sorcha Pollak:

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/why-am-i-so-interested-in-refugees-i-am-descended-from-emigrants-1.3460799
    I immediately felt drawn to this elusive Jewish, left-wing grandfather who had died nearly a decade before my birth.

I'm sure it's nothing. Just a far-right conspiracy theory.

Advertisement