Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

silver2020 wrote: »
    Every delivery service is under extreme pressure at the moment. As one person described it - Black Friday every day.

Yea but I’ve been trying for 2 days on the phone to speak to a person and having no joy. Been left on hold 30minutes at a time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yea but I’ve been trying for 2 days on the phone to speak to a person and having no joy. Been left on hold 30minutes at a time

They were like that before the virus struck.

whiterebel wrote: »
    They were like that before the virus struck.

Can’t say I’ve ever had trouble getting through before. They’re not the most
    Pleasant folk to speak to but they Always answered. This week it’s like they shut up shop

So how long between “your parcel has arrived “ (Uk delivery address) and delivery to box with code?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

So how long between “your parcel has arrived “ (Uk delivery address) and delivery to box with code?

It really depends, between 1 and 5 days in my recent experience..

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    It really depends, between 1 and 5 days in my recent experience..

Cheers thanks/ I’ll see how it goes. I have a similar package being delivered to door (didn’t realise at the time amazon sold this product) coming destined June 4th- let’s see what arrives first

Cheers thanks/ I’ll see how it goes. I have a similar package being delivered to door (didn’t realise at the time amazon sold this product) coming destined June 4th- let’s see what arrives first

Ah I had a similar package delivered today. It was oversized, sent the request for home delivery on Wednesday, so was happy with the service. The strange thing was it was delivered by DPD, nightline owns Parcel motel who is owned by UPS, they must be teaming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Much quicker deliveries for me this week. 2 packages delivered to Newtownabbey yesterday morning and both in a locker for 10pm last night.

I've been waiting 5 days now for one of mine.

7 days and still no sign of it. No one from customer service getting back to me on two raised tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭ongarite

7 days and still no sign of it. No one from customer service getting back to me on two raised tickets.

Same for me.
    Package delivered 2 weeks ago and hasn't shown up my account.
    Opened ticket and tried to get reply from Twitter account.
    Radio silence!!

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote:
    Same for me. Package delivered 2 weeks ago and hasn't shown up my account. Opened ticket and tried to get reply from Twitter account. Radio silence!!

Yeah the system is a joke. The only way to resolve is call them first thing on Tuesday, wait 30-40 mins until they answer and then it's usually quickly sorted..

PM me the phone number please.
    Can't see it on their website

So, i've just had another email from them saying a package has arrived in the Dublin depot. It has a different PM number to the one i'm still waiting on but i've not ordered anything to be sent there. I'm presuming it's the missing package with a different (new) label on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

So, i've just had another email from them saying a package has arrived in the Dublin depot. It has a different PM number to the one i'm still waiting on but i've not ordered anything to be sent there. I'm presuming it's the missing package with a different (new) label on it.

That happened to me before in December 2 or 3 years ago. It was reprocessed twice so I was charged three times for the same package. They refunded me and gave me some credit to make up for the inconvenience.

They seem to have lost an item that was marked "Delivered" on the 21st May by Royal Mail. I have the tracking number and everything.

Lodged a support ticket on the 27th May and got an automated response. Other than that, nothing. Received another item that was delivered on the 26th so I knew then there was an issue. Really annoying as it's an important piece of equipment I need for my work, so I ordered another one from an Irish supplier at 3 times the price - turns out they are drop shipping it from the UK. :mad: So much for supporting Irish businesses.

Tried calling again today. On hold for 30 minutes. No answer. Has anyone got another number for them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Was it over size or over weight? Might be at a depot instead of at your local locker. Never had a problem with them yet, but as already said, they're busy.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Tried calling again today. On hold for 30 minutes. No answer. Has anyone got another number for them?

They're mad busy and it's possible that they're trying to route calls to people's private phones as they're working from home.

I had a small, flat item which arrived in the Dublin depot on Friday last but which took three days to be dropped into the collection point in south Dublin.

When I went to collect it yesterday, the guy in front of me was collecting three items. One of the issues we have is that you cannot tell Amazon to bundle all your items into one package, in part this is because different items can come from different distribution centres. Which is good for PM's business but it means that a small order from Amazon can arrive in three or four packages which means it will take up multiple lockers in the PM collection point.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Was it over size or over weight? Might be at a depot instead of at your local locker. Never had a problem with them yet, but as already said, they're busy.

Just just a small package.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Nightline's 1890 number ever get answered?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Does Nightline's 1890 number ever get answered?

Yes, 40 mins is the average hold time these days. I'm assuming the 1890 number is the same as the 076 number..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Had an item delivered to them this morning In NI. How long to wait for it to show up on my account? Signed for by e Medvedev if that helps?

Had an item delivered to them this morning In NI. How long to wait for it to show up on my account? Signed for by e Medvedev if that helps?

Between one and five days with the current delays..

tedpan wrote: »
    Between one and five days with the current delays..

Thanks, do you only get notified once it gets to their Dublin depot?

Praise the lord!!
    My package has finally been checked in, 20 days after delivery.

Thanks, do you only get notified once it gets to their Dublin depot?

Yes, usually within 24 hours, then you'll get a text/email letting you know when it's in the locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SaatanaArctica

Received a package two weeks ago that was not for me.
    Whoever ordered it didn't include their PMID, their first name is the same as mine and their surname is similar.
    I only realised after opening it. No reply to the support ticket after two weeks. Doesn't give me confidence if my parcel had gone missing and someone wanted to return it.

For what it's worth,
    My parcel arrived in NI yesterday afternoon, reached the Dublin depot by that evening, and I just got a text there to say it's in my locker here in West Cork this morning!

Fair dues.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

In the past week I've had 4 items delivered. 3 of them got to Antrim and delivered to me the following day. 1 item has been delivered last Friday which is oversized and I've yet to see it appear on my account or know where it is. I tried Twitter, tickets and emails but no reply from them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

In the past week I've had 4 items delivered. 3 of them got to Antrim and delivered to me the following day. 1 item has been delivered last Friday which is oversized and I've yet to see it appear on my account or know where it is. I tried Twitter, tickets and emails but no reply from them at all.

Customer service is woeful

Advertisement