Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    First of all, Firewall is awesome! 2nd, i need the move for it, ds4 is tricky. 3rd, i keep trying to press an aim button.

This was my first go after the tutorial....it did not go well.

Firewall is only aim or ds, no move support - it would be a nightmare trying to control it with moves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Does Apex Construct work with PS Aim? Or even dualshock as its pretty cheap right now might purchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah i thought firewall used move, must keep an eye out for a 2nd hand one or sale, spent too much to buy another peripheral :)

I thought vr works would be a gimmicky demo but they're all class (haven't tried danger ball yet).

Ah i thought firewall used move, must keep an eye out for a 2nd hand one or sale, spent too much to buy another peripheral :)

I thought vr works would be a gimmicky demo but they're all class (haven't tried danger ball yet).

Danger Ball was my favourite from VR Worlds its basically VR Pong with your head...

Danger Ball was my favourite from VR Worlds its basically VR Pong with your head...

HA! I just started getting a slight queezy feeling so it's back to boring 2D for the night :)

• Advertisement

HA! I just started getting a slight queezy feeling so it's back to boring 2D for the night :)

Yeah i keep swapping in and out of different games, my USB slots are now all taken up in my Pro.. i have an external drive, the camera, the VR and my Headset adapter to plug into them .. Need to buy another USB hub, as I can't charge my controllers anymore while playing ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

To the noobs :D
    I cannot recommend the aim controller enough, if you can get the AIM with a farpoint pack its great.
    I know its another €70-80 but it honestly is a great extra controller, a know only a few games but when you have it for those games the experience is unreal!!!

The tracking of it is great.

But for Firewall do not sit on the fence get one, if you enjoy firewall with the DS4 the aim is a whole other level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Farpoint was the first game I got back in 2017 ... It's next on my backlog playlist :D

I think I played it about 2 hours with the Aim before something else got in the way... Skyrim or something.

This time I'm gonna play to completion.

I purchased Farpoint for 12.50 pound on amazon last week, should be here next week..

Really want Drunken Bar Fight, hopefully it goes on sale during days of play.. I dont even have the move controllers till July but bought BoxVR and some other games I wont play till they arrive..

When I first had VR I was using move controllers for Dick Wilde, the experience was so much better with the aim controller when I tried it today..

Is there a list of online MP PSVR titles anywhere thats kept up to date with latest releases?... Is the servers for RIGS still online or dead and buried?

Played Everybodys Golf last night, and realise I suck as bad as I do in real life at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Played Everybodys Golf last night, and realise I suck as bad as I do in real life at it...
    It was the putting that did me in.

• Advertisement

bought BoxVR

BoxVR is superb... prepare to get sweaty. Wrap your head in a bandana, and ensure you wipe down everything after to prevent salt damage.

It's a more concentrated workout than Creed as it has proper repetitions and workout duration.

mrcheez wrote: »
    BoxVR is superb... prepare to get sweaty. Wrap your head in a bandana, and ensure you wipe down everything after to prevent salt damage.

It's a more concentrated workout than Creed as it has proper repetitions and workout duration.

2nd this- it’s a proper workout and less of a game. Do a 30 min box session and 30 mins beat saber and you’ll be getting a serious cardio workout. As mrcheez said though have a bandana and a towel on standby cos you will sweat serious amounts (not healthy for the headset if it gets in :)

Blaze420 wrote: »
    2nd this- it’s a proper workout and less of a game. Do a 30 min box session and 30 mins beat saber and you’ll be getting a serious cardio workout. As mrcheez said though have a bandana and a towel on standby cos you will sweat serious amounts (not healthy for the headset if it gets in :)

So I'm going to get ripped while gaming?..

You might rip whatever shorts you are wearing like I did :D it’s defo not for entertainment though and is serious exercise, you’d want to be a Sadomasochist to think “I’ll chill out now and throw on boxvr for a lol” 20 mins before bedtime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

BoxVR do daily workout classes at 5pm

https://fitxr.com/boxvr/multiplayer-classes

I feel like I'm after a workout after playing some Dick Wilde, dodging left right and centre and sti sucking..

I've played a good few rounds of it and never once got to the boss wave, starting to believe I just suck at games haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does the Ironman demo need move controllers?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Does the Ironman demo need move controllers?

Yep they are essential for it - when you play it you’ll understand why :D

Rip and tear my friend!

Beat the first world of Astro Bot, what a great boss fight! Just smiling all the way through the levels, absolutely fantastic.

• Advertisement

Best the first world of Astro Bot, what a great boss fight! Just smiling all the way through the levels, absolutely fantastic.

I felt like things can't get better from hear after world 1, then I played 2.1 and 2.2 and boy its unbelievable..

I felt like things can't get better from hear after world 1, then I played 2.1 and 2.2 and boy its unbelievable..

That bastard on world 3 or 4 though - literally mapping the safe tiles in your brain till you can beat him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Beat the first world of Astro Bot, what a great boss fight! Just smiling all the way through the levels, absolutely fantastic.

That's exactly how I remember feeling playing it. Literally beaming from ear to ear from the first level to the last. Still my favourite Vr game

I've actually come to the conclusion that everyone that plays firewall is amazingly sound, these guys i played with i was like i suck I've 2 kills, they said 2 kills thats class, I said 2 kills out of all the games I've played....

We laughed about it then one lads said i aint letting you leave until you get your 3rd kill, i end up getting my 3rd kill and winning the round followed by later on winning a 1v2.. Although I almost lost because I kept trying to raise my gun instead of disarming the laptop haha..If that was any other FPS there would be insults sent...

yup the quality of the levels gets better at each stage... genius game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

What's the waiting time in the lobbies for Firewall like these days? Played it loads when it first released, but then one of the updates fecked up the lobbies and took the momentum out of it for me. I know there's been a heap of updates again since, been meaning to give it another try

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Yep they are essential for it - when you play it you’ll understand why :D

Played the demo last night for about 20min.....at first I was amazed again by vr as I hadn't used it for about a year (I'm not a gamer, the ps is my sons).

However I soon found myself getting bored, the tasks got a bit repetitive and it seemed all the surroundings were irrelevant to what you were doing.

I wanted to land on the house, explore etc but perhaps the full game will be a lot better. I appreciate it's only a demo but it got boring quick, unless there are other things to do that I missed?

JimBurnley wrote: »
    What's the waiting time in the lobbies for Firewall like these days? Played it loads when it first released, but then one of the updates fecked up the lobbies and took the momentum out of it for me. I know there's been a heap of updates again since, been meaning to give it another try

Usually fast enough to find a game, such a great game with Aim Controller, played another few games earlier started finally getting some kills and my KDR jumped from 0.23 to 0.37 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

NIMAN wrote: »
    I wanted to land on the house, explore etc but perhaps the full game will be a lot better. I appreciate it's only a demo but it got boring quick, unless there are other things to do that I missed?

That's just the learning area. There's a first mission to do too. I'd imagine they'll either also flesh out, or have a different, learning area with more things to do. Game is prime for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Got to try out the underwater plunge in VR world, was a better introduction and no nausea.

I find sometime the screen isn’t perfectly clear, is that cause I haven’t been wearing my glasses or is it prob headset settings?

Advertisement