Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Interesting interview on Solaris from the makers of Firewall. Fast paced online multiplayer with dedicated servers.

https://youtu.be/8lpNH7tnuyY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Blaze420 wrote: »
    It's basically Metal Gear Solid in VR - creeping through vents, climbing walls, sticking enemies up with a verbal freeze command before knocking them out and throwing them off a balcony etc etc :D
    That's right up my street :D

Words can not describe how impressed I was with my tactic in Firewall but also how pissed I am with myself over thinking the PS button was the share button..

I was in a 1v4, I was attacking in a room alone as everyone my teammates had died.. I planted prox mines towards an entrance i wasnt watching...

I saw a door opened which i had came through, so i closed it.. i hid to the side of this door and had my gun pointing upwards (so they couldn't see me).. 4 men came in and i watched as one past then i obliterated them all..

EDIT: The guy on the other team was so amazed he messaged me saying I was his hero..

Firewall 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Haha ****ing epic

And that's why we love VR

mrcheez wrote: »
    Haha ****ing epic

And that's why we love VR

Its the little things in life...

• Advertisement

Played Gran Turismo Sport in VR mode earlier and it was very nice. Raced at Interlagos and Monza, but Interlagos was a better experience due to the circuit topography.

Played a bit more Gran Turismo Sport in VR mode just there. I was driving a beautiful red Alfa Romeo 4C around the classic Nurburgring circuit and it was fun. The Alfa has a slippery ass, (the back end likes to step out when the traction control is off) but it is fun to drive. I did feel motion sickness though, but nothing serious.

And on another note about the game is, none of the cars in VR mode are super fast like a Porsche 918 Spyder/La Ferrari or the insane Le Mans Hybrid Prototypes or Group C racers. This is a good thing because if you raced one of those in VR after eating your dinner, well your dinner will end up coming out of your gob.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

playing with a wheel?

mrcheez wrote: »
    playing with a wheel?
    No, just the controller. Won't be getting a wheel for a while as I splashed out on the Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X limited edition console on Friday, and the move controllers coming next month. The wheel will have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

I cannot recommend the wheel enough!!

I went out and bought a cheap thrust master wheel.
    It makes the game so much more fun and puts the immersion up to 11.

Bought the t80 wheel that broke after very little usage.
    So got a refund and picked up the t150 with force feedback and it's savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Doge wrote: »
    Would love to know how you managed that also as it's flat out refusing Revolut.

Update: buying from the Turkish PSN store seems to work using the disposable virtual visa card from Revolut.

I didn't pull the trigger yet but got past the card authorization which I couldn't do with any other method.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Update: buying from the Turkish PSN store seems to work using the disposable virtual visa card from Revolut.

I didn't pull the trigger yet but got past the card authorization which I couldn't do with any other method.

Yeah that's the only method available. Over a year ago you could use normal Revolut card but then it got blocked. There used to be alot of deals for the store on Hotukdeals but in the last few days , any deal for Turkish PSN store that mentions the Revolt disposable virtual cards method gets taken down.

Yeah that's the only method available. Over a year ago you could use normal Revolut card but then it got blocked. There used to be alot of deals for the store on Hotukdeals but in the last few days , any deal for Turkish PSN store that mentions the Revolt disposable virtual cards method gets taken down.

I tried this and it wouldn't work for me. What billing address do you use for this?

I tried this and it wouldn't work for me. What billing address do you use for this?

When adding the card just pick random address in Turkey for billing address for card. Don't change billing address in revolut

Dirt Rally in VR is excellent. Did a 10km stage at night through a Welsh forest in a Peugeot 205 T16 Evolution 2. The rev counter and boost gauge were well lit up and the needle in the boost gauge was going crazy. When I looked down at the pedals, the left foot was pushing the clutch in and letting it out while the right foot was alternating between the accelerator and brake :D Of course I ended up in the trees from looking down instead of out. Lesson learned.

Excellent experience though. If you love driving games, it's well worth picking up.

When adding the card just pick random address in Turkey for billing address for card. Don't change billing address in revolut

Finally worked thanks for that, bought Superhot VR for 7.54euro

Finally worked thanks for that, bought Superhot VR for 7.54euro

Great choice of game

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Are the games on the turkey store in english then not arabic?

English

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Turkey store is deemed to be in the Europe region. Case in point, I finished Nioh 2 on disc and traded it. Turkey had a great deal for the deluxe version which I bought using a 25% code for about €30 and when I downloaded it my previous save worked which is handy for when the DLc comes out next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

English

Thats great man will get this setup later, cheers for the heads up

Damn Arizona Sunshine is the glitchest game I have ever played, constantly goes dark and I can't do anything or I get stuck at a small rock and can't move...

Really doesn't make sense how a game as hyped as this can have this many problems without them being fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Damn Arizona Sunshine is the glitchest game I have ever played, constantly goes dark and I can't do anything or I get stuck at a small rock and can't move...

Really doesn't make sense how a game as hyped as this can have this many problems without them being fixed

PSVR Without Parole felt the exact same way about it and got slated for the negative review he gave it.

Watching his playthrough it seemed really frustrating. I never ran into a problem with the PC version though.

PSVR Without Parole felt the exact same way about it and got slated for the negative review he gave it.

Watching his playthrough it seemed really frustrating. I never ran into a problem with the PC version though.

I do get frustrated playing it too, but will still finish it.. 4 times today I had to close and reopen the game, sometimes even start way back from where I was in the mission..

Have to quit the game aswell to change settings, I somehow randomly swing 180 degrees must be some strafe setting I have... I must be one of the few that hates playing games with the rotation/teleporting..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I do get frustrated playing it too, but will still finish it.. 4 times today I had to close and reopen the game, sometimes even start way back from where I was in the mission..

Have to quit the game aswell to change settings, I somehow randomly swing 180 degrees must be some strafe setting I have... I must be one of the few that hates playing games with the rotation/teleporting..

I quit this game soon after installing it. The movement method did my head in. Maybe I should gave played about with the settings more?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some new VR deals on PSN today.

515888.PNG

5th time in a row now black screened on me, dont think I will ever get to finish Arizona Sunshine if its as glitchy as this... Its hardly my headset because when I press the PS button everything's visible..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

@WarZoneBrother How are other games running for you?

As for the price drops above Pinball FX is a bit of craic.
    Batman is a must buy for the experience
    rez is amazing I put it and Polyibus into the same level of craziness
    Tetris effect is another must own game, if you love tetris, this is meditation with tetris the must is great!

Lethal should be no more then €3/4
    Its a very basic shooting gallery.

Are the killing floor games any use or they just wave shooters?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

coolisin wrote: »

Tetris effect is another must own game, if you love tetris, this is meditation with tetris the must is great!

Is Batman any good with the DS4 or is it one of those 'best with sticks' games?

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »

I have only really played Arizona on lunch break the past 2 days, didn't have time to play anything last night.. Hope it isn't the headset as they sold out everywhere now i believe..

Killing Floor is a wave based shooter but its pretty damn good, tempted to get Incursion as I already own KF2

Tetris Effect is tempting me its 11.60 on Turkish store, then you have The Inpatient at just over 5euro or something and KF Incursion for about 5euro also..

Advertisement