Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Zero-Cool wrote: »

That link seems to be missing games like Thumper for some reason??

https://en.psprices.com/region-ie/games/vr/?platform=PS4&sort=percent

Weird ... maybe it's the sorting by Percent?

ah yeah.. sorry I see it on page 2

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This time last year: Why is it all VR stuff getting discounted?!?
    Now: Why is VR stuff not getting more discounts?

I like the Room games but they're short games so wouldn't be willing to pay 20.99 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Borderlands 2 VR is tempting me at 20 squid. Anyone here played it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Borderlands 2 VR is tempting me at 20 squid. Anyone here played it?

Just gave it a bash for like 10mins or so, all cutscenes are 2D, I love borderlands so if your a fan I'd buy it..

Won't properly get playing it for a while I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Borderlands is Borderlands!!! You get do kinda get used to the cutscenes.
    Id barley played them the other games, so I was coming to this fairly fresh, it is really good, personally i preferred the Moves over the Aim controller when I was playing it.
    Think i was constantly getting Aim drift so it was annoying me.

To recommend a couple cheap AIM games:
    Crisis VRigade, its great but really hard and really unforgiving.
    Honor and Duty D-Day, online pretty much only and you need to hit that at correct times of the day.
    But the AIM works a treat in both of them.

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    Id barley played them the other games, so I was coming to this fairly fresh, it is really good, personally i preferred the Moves over the Aim controller when I was playing it.

Honor and Duty D-Day, online pretty much only and you need to hit that at correct times of the day.

Is the servers pretty much dead for Honor and Duty then?..

Anyone tried Farpoint MP? Is it only 1v1 matches?.. I might try convince mate to buy it on store if its good

Is the servers pretty much dead for Honor and Duty then?..

Anyone tried Farpoint MP? Is it only 1v1 matches?.. I might try convince mate to buy it on store if its good

They can be dead enough! Usually 7/8pm GMT you get a crowd on. But they have only started cross play with PC so you'd hope it gets busy. Alot of fun, but it was only at launch was it crazy busy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Is firewall worth jumping into with a dualshock or should I wait until I have an aim controller? Picked it up for free on PS Plus a while ago.

I thought Doom VFR was superb with the Aim controller.

Interested in Borderlands but I reckon I can hold out for it to drop to a tenner eventually

mrcheez wrote: »
    I thought Doom VFR was superb with the Aim controller.

Interested in Borderlands but I reckon I can hold out for it to drop to a tenner eventually

There was something I wasn't enjoying playing it with the aim.
    I got comfortable playing with the moves and enjoying the setup.
    Now I'm in the minority there!!
    The aim is usually my go to controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

got borderlands 2, everybody's gold and blood n truth for €26 on the Turkish store

sweetie wrote: »
    got borderlands 2, everybody's gold and blood n truth for €26 on the Turkish store

How do you do that? I see saints and sinners is 26euro on that store, apparently revolut has stopped working for alot of people

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was watching an interview with the writers of Until Dawn and I never realised that the VR game The Inpatient is a prequel to Until Dawn.

Has anyone played it an recommend it? I see it's currently on sale for 10 euro on psn store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

I was watching an interview with the writers of Until Dawn and I never realised that the VR game The Inpatient is a prequel to Until Dawn.

Has anyone played it an recommend it? I see it's currently on sale for 10 euro on psn store.

Ammmm I've played it but I can't tell you much about the story (I was a few cans deep when I played through it :o ). It's slow enough from what I remember but you do have multiple choice actions etc during the game and multiple endings as well. If you can get it cheap (i.e around 10e) it's worth a look.

On a non VR related note - Man of Medan is there for 15e as well, part of the new trilogy they are working on. Really good game in the same vein of Until Dawn set on a spooky boat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I loved it.
    Not really a game, but more of an interactive experience. This and vader immortal are the closest things you can come to actually being in a movie.

Blaze420 wrote: »
    On a non VR related note - Man of Medan is there for 15e as well, part of the new trilogy they are working on. Really good game in the same vein of Until Dawn set on a spooky boat :D

I loved Until Dawn but I keep hesitating to get Man of Medan. The new one coming out looks much better but I would have preferred a full game like UD. Even the writers wanted to make a full game and weren't happy with the smaller chunks. 15 is a good price though.

I loved Until Dawn but I keep hesitating to get Man of Medan. The new one coming out looks much better but I would have preferred a full game like UD. Even the writers wanted to make a full game and weren't happy with the smaller chunks. 15 is a good price though.

3 of us played it here one Saturday night and got a good 3-4 hours out of it - it has a “movie night” mode where you all pick a character and pass the controller :) well worth it at 15.

Is Everybody’s golf worth 9.99 if you have the moves for it? I tried the demo but found the swing weird with move, was like the club was clipping through the ground 3/4 times resulting in a missed hit. I assume there’s a floor setting somewhere?

The inpatient got a terrible reputation cause it's more of an interactive experience, as said!
    The fact you speak the lines is cool.
    But it's really really slow.

It has a great but of tension!
    One point you know something is there and your no I'm not turning around no I'm not ah I have to look!

For €10 to complete the until dawn story it's good

• Advertisement

Is Everybody’s golf worth 9.99 if you have the moves for it? I tried the demo but found the swing weird with move, was like the club was clipping through the ground 3/4 times resulting in a missed hit. I assume there’s a floor setting somewhere?

I only played with the DS4 and found it very awkward. There is a setting where you select if you are sitting or standing and can enter your height so it knows roughly where you will be holding it. Not sure if those settings are in the demo? I'd like to hear myself if anyone has played the full game with the moves.

3 of us played it here one Saturday night and got a good 3-4 hours out of it - it has a “movie night” mode where you all pick a character and pass the controller :) well worth it at 15.

I know going off topic but as a movie night hidden agenda the playlink game is good fun.

I know going off topic but as a movie night hidden agenda the playlink game is good fun.

I was just looking for that as well as the the same writers are behind that as Until Dawn, Inpatient and Man of Medan.

Sorry for going off topic, but if anyone is interested in the interview.

Jaysus I forgot about that game, found it very boring :D story was a bit all over the place with the weird is he/isn’t serial killer guy.

The inpatient got a terrible reputation cause it's more of an interactive experience, as said!
    The fact you speak the lines is cool.
    But it's really really slow.

It has a great but of tension!
    One point you know something is there and your no I'm not turning around no I'm not ah I have to look!

For €10 to complete the until dawn story it's good

Yeah make sure to speak the lines and you get really into the story... I enjoyed it too

Ohh boy I cant wait to see some Solaris gameplay on June 8th.. Hopefully they have dedicated servers this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

sweetie wrote: »

Would love to know how you managed that also as it's flat out refusing Revolut.

Cleared Astrobot, ****ing loved it!

Threw on Rush of Blood, Jesus that's fun! I was actually lepping about the couch getting to shoot the income targets. The levels are brilliant but it would probably be a lot better with the moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm gonna annoy anyone playing Astro Bot now by pointing out that one of the tunes reminds me of Price Tag by Jessie J.

Just finished world 4-1

• Advertisement

I've had Espire V1 in the library for a while now but it was terrible when it launched. They have now patched it to be on parity with the PC version - tried it out last night and it's a much better game now. Would recommend it if you can get it around 20e (it's currently 30 on the store) but you will need moves to make the most of it.

It's basically Metal Gear Solid in VR - creeping through vents, climbing walls, sticking enemies up with a verbal freeze command before knocking them out and throwing them off a balcony etc etc :D

Advertisement