Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is there going to be any office Christmas parties as part of the roadmap?

god- i hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Hurrache wrote: »
    "We managed to keep the numbers relatively low with a flat curve, so the preparations we made to get more hospital beds thankfully weren't required."

Meh, what a joke of a deal, we didn't even need it.

Even when numbers kept low they didn't use the excess capacity

Paying top dollar for little return

Initial idea was right but not how they used the hospitals afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Because it wasn't needed, that's simply it. You'd be saying they were inept if we needed it and wasn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

god- i hope not

I think having a Christmas party would be my last priority, let’s say I won’t be writing to my TD asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

KrustyUCC wrote: »

If idiots in the government were smart they would negotiate a monthly rolling contract for 115m per month and cut it off 1 May onwards when it was bloody obvious any of that extra capacity will remain empty.

But no, alas, they went for 3 months. 230 million EUROS wasted.

• Advertisement

prunudo wrote: »
    Everything that Michael o'Leary said about opening up quicker is correct. Not surprised that the ryanair haters are the same posters who chastise those that dare question the government or the pace of easing restrictions.

Ah come on, it's amusing how deep the likes of O'Leary and Ivan Yates get under the skin of certain folks :pac:

Look end of the day hes been saying for the last few days now that he'll look at it all next week when they meet to discuss phase 2.

If theres no increase in numbers next week reflecting phase 1 I'd expect him to do what hes said and look to speed things up.

As much as I want things quickened up I'm happy to wait for the data to come next week on phase 1, personally I dont expect a surge but they have to have the numbers infront of them.

That's fine in theory but they will use that as a template going forward

The way they're talking I don't expect any speeding up of restrictions

Still going on about slow reopening

Ah come on, it's amusing how deep the likes of O'Leary and Ivan Yates get under the skin of certain folks :pac:

Do I admire O'Leary as an example of a good business man, yes.
    Is he currently disingenuous about a number of things, including why he can't offer up refunds easily, yes.

We don't live in a simple black and white world.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Because it wasn't needed, that's simply it. You'd be saying they were inept if we needed it and wasn't available.

Instead with all the waiting lists we let hospital beds empty

Yes that inept

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭growleaves

prunudo wrote: »
    Everything that Michael o'Leary said about opening up quicker is correct. Not surprised that the ryanair haters are the same posters who chastise those that dare question the government or the pace of easing restrictions.

It was only a few weeks ago that anti-SF posters were telling me that the business community would not tolerate attempts to turn the country into Venezuela.

Well these posters are getting what they asked for. The business community is now pushing back against extreme Communist policies, as predicted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Strumms wrote: »
    Or is he. What you can’t see on this photo of part of a document is that it’s not from an Irish citizen, a concerned citizen concerned for the economy..it’s Ryanair headed paper, it’s a correspondence from the Ryanair CEO, he is acting and corresponding in that capacity. Every word and utterance is not with the health, wellbeing, happiness and safety of the citizens of this country in mind, it’s with the health and wellbeing of his airline in mind, the ability of them to make money.... he is another who would see no negativity in there being human casualties in order to facilitate this, in fact he is advocating it. Fück him, I’ve travelled Ryanair more then any other airline due to them having great competitive fares but he’s seen the last of my cash... Aer Lingus and whoever else all the way from here on in...

The health of the nation rhetoric is horsesh#t by now.

He made the point Ireland is now ignoring the scientific data the rest of Europe is following.

Successful people are easy to hate, its a common begrudgery in Ireland.

He explained trying to refund 35m flights takes a while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭Penfailed

dalyboy wrote: »
    And it’s a law I break proudly. I have to travel 15kms to see my kids. If I get fined I’ll rip it up. Not one cent of a fine would I pay for my parental responsibilities.

I've just checked back on this post out of curiosity. 8 likes for you boasting about breaking a law that doesn't exist and ripping up a fine that you won't get. Amazing.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

That's fine in theory but they will use that as a template going forward

The way they're talking I don't expect any speeding up of restrictions

Still going on about slow reopening

Yeah I dont see much movement in phase 2, I'd be hopefully of phase 3&4 seeing movement to start with.

It's hard to tell really, leo saying he wants to speed things up but needs to be cautious.

Then you've Martin saying he would speed things up and reduce the 2m guidance.

To me it sounds like they're just trying to kick the can down the road to the next government

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Its equally amusing that so many view them as experts in an area they know feck all about.

Think you will be right there

Leo wants to speed things up but slowly easing restrictions

He's contradicting himself

He can't do both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Penfailed wrote: »
    You aren't breaking any law in that situation. How do you not know this already?

Thankfully I know it. That's why I'd rip up the fine however you would be shocked with thd amount of people that do not know this and are not seeing their kids because they are over 5km limits.

Its equally amusing that so many view them as experts in an area they know feck all about.

Well one of them at least is a professional contrarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The health of the nation rhetoric is horsesh#t by now.

He made the point Ireland is now ignoring the scientific data the rest of Europe is following.

Successful people are easy to hate, its a common begrudgery in Ireland.

He explained trying to refund 35m flights takes a while

Plenty of countries still have quarantines in place atm. UK, USA, Spain, Greece, Australia, New Zealand, France etc all currently have quarantines in place. It's not true that all the rest of EU countries have them removed. They might have plans in place to remove them but as of today, they're in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I've just checked back on this post out of curiosity. 8 likes for you boasting about breaking a law that doesn't exist and ripping up a fine that you won't get. Amazing.

You need to get out in that lovely sunshine and enjoy it instead of stressing out and worrying about how many and counting likes on a post that you don’t like.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

It was suggested to them to take a couple of the private hospitals and to have a plan to take the others on a phased basis if the numbers of Covid patients warranted it... That's close to half a billion gone needlessly, 2.2 million people with Health Insurance left in the cold and leaving the State open to massive amounts of lawsuits. Top work Simon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Make that 9 because I will thank it too if I can find it . Childrens mental health and well being is absolutely vital in this crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Leo on the news saying we need to cut community spread further and further reduce the strength of the virus before 2m being reduced to 1.5m

How about my 68 year old neighbour was marched back from the supermarket by a Garda to prove he was under 70 during cocoon times. He was "breaking the law" according to the gaurd and was going to be fined. That law didn't exist either

Micky 32 wrote: »
    You need to get out in that lovely sunshine and enjoy it instead of stressing out and worrying about how many and counting likes on a post you don’t like.

Ah c'mon! From you? The fella that quizzed me on whether or not I liked a good news post or not. Give over.
    I'm at work. I'll be out in the sunshine shortly. No stress here.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Make that 9 because I will thank it too if I can find it . Childrens mental health and well being is absolutely vital in this crisis

'Sakes! Where did I say it wasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

I don’t like Michael O Leary.

But one thing I can’t argue with is his point about all the other countries using their own experts and analysing data and opening up months ahead of us in some cases.

Again no one has answered the simple question, what makes our situation so different?

Why is our medical opinion and experts opinion so vastly different to the rest of Europe when it comes to opening up?

Seeing how others get on isn’t a reason, it’s a pathetic excuse and at this stage we can see how many are getting on.

So what’s the story? The only reasoning I can’t think is stubbornness, simply put we have decided on our course and that’s it. Whilst other countries adapt, change and move as more and more data becomes available ours would prefer to keep going to admit that we could possibly change.

Pride and ignorance are the terms that spring to mind.

dalyboy wrote: »
    How about my 68 year old neighbour was marched back from the supermarket by a Garda to prove he was under 70 during cocoon times. He was "breaking the law" according to the gaurd and was going to be fined. That law didn't exist either

Do you want a 'like'? The fine wouldn't have stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

iamwhoiam wrote: »

The law doesn’t exist, that’s the point!

He was trying to act the tough man by saying he was breaking the law, when there is no law to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Ah c'mon! From you? The fella that quizzed me on whether or not I liked a good news post or not. Give over.

Well all you do is bitch and moan at everyone’s posts if it’s not a pro lockdown one, so no you give over.

• Advertisement

Get back to work and stay off attacking my post. I'll have my say regardless of your review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement