Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Well all you do is bitch and moan at everyone’s posts if it’s not a pro lockdown one, so no you give over.

Yet, here you are...bitching and moaning at my post. Pantomime.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

dalyboy wrote: »
    Get back to work and stay off attacking my post. I'll have my say regardless of your review.

You are perfectly entitled to have your say. I'm perfectly entitled to respond however I see fit.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Well all you do is bitch and moan at everyone’s posts if it’s not a pro lockdown one, so no you give over.

Oh the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Penfailed wrote: »
    Yet, here you are...bitching and moaning at my post. Pantomime.

Er no, defending myself from your “ from you?” Cheeky post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

Benimar wrote: »
    The law doesn’t exist, that’s the point!

He was trying to act the tough man by saying he was breaking the law, when there is no law to break.

There is such a multiplication of incoherent and contradictory regulations on ordinary behaviour that this 'Aha!' moment is less impressive than it sounds. There are people breaking laws without knowing it and there are other people adhering to laws that don't even exist.

The solution is to return to normality - not a new abnormal of semi-permanent totalitarianism but to the natural and relaxed life that suits Irish people well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Oh the irony.

You don’t see any of my posts bitching and moaning at anyone who crave a bit of freedom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

We’ll be the laughing stock of Europe if the lifting of these measures continues at such a snails pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I do have to agree with this. OP hasnt even told us if he wants things to open quickly, slowly, or not open at all. Weird

We’ll be the laughing stock of Europe if the lifting of these measures continues at such a snails pace.

We already are.

Lol MOL "We are not endangering lives, we are just following some idiotic science that exists only in Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Mary Wilson getting no change out of Michael O'Leary

She never answered his point about why our science is different to every other country in relation to hairdressers etc

• Advertisement

I do have to agree with this. OP hasnt even told us if he wants things to open quickly, slowly, or not open at all. Weird

It's weird that you haven't noticed that I've previously stated that I'd prefer if restrictions were eased more quickly. I'm not getting worked up about it though. I support the government's approach. If it moves quicker than the existing phasing, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Michael O'Leary is about three or four weeks away from calling in the lawyers and launching a significant legal challenge. Mark my words.

He will continue to make public remarks about the government in the meantime and build up a case. But he is getting close to considering other avenues.

Ryanair and O'Leary have launched legal action many times before. He isn't going to stand down.

Ryanair won a court case against Skyscanner in January

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Hell of alot of pressure coming on last few days

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1266406746354057218?s=19

Hell of alot of pressure coming on last few days

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1266406746354057218?s=19

At this rate, only crowd who doesnt want to lift restrictions faster will be the 15% in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Mr Varadkar said that in terms of reducing the two-metre social distancing rule to one metre, it is "too soon for that."

He said that Covid-19 would need to be suppressed "much more" in the community and the numbers would need to improve for a longer period in order to change the guidance.

"Two metres is safer than 1.5, and 1.5 is safer than one."

How much more suppressed does he expect the numbers to get?

More vagueness like Holohan - as low as possible - with nobody knowing what they mean
    An answer on when it will change is more likely to come from political voices. The CMO will not say anything so casual, ever. The extended roadmap and current trends makes it looks like they want to wipe it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

At this rate, only crowd who doesnt want to lift restrictions faster will be the 15% in this thread.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Ibec speaking out today is a huge blow to the government and the phased plan.

Ibec is the largest business group and largest lobbying organisation in Ireland. It represents business of all sizes spanning every sector of the economy, together employing 70% of the private sector workforce in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

We were invited to a friend's for a BBQ this weekend. Bit surprised tbh and not sure that's wise at the moment. I know it's outdoors but I'll deffo need the loo while there and obviously we'd be using their cutlery, plates etc. Thoughts?

RobitTV wrote: »
    Michael O'Leary is about three or four weeks away from calling in the lawyers and launching a significant legal challenge. Mark my words.

He will continue to make public remarks about the government in the meantime and build up a case. But he is getting close to considering other avenues.

Ryanair and O'Leary have launched legal action many times before. He isn't going to stand down.

Ryanair won a court case against Skyscanner in January
    Michael O'Leary always has plenty to say and never about Ryanair's failings and flaws. It seems he's repeated this at least a dozen times and as always with him it's a bottom line thing.

I am unsure if was reported but just heard on newstalk

Ireland to get 2bn out of 750bn EU recovery fund announced, implemented in July.

2 LOUSY billion.

Perhaps explains why places will be opened ahead of schedule along with Leo confirming school opening today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I know this is an anonymous forum but honestly if anyone knew me and were told 6 months ago that I’d agree with MOL and bloody IBEC I’d have laughed at them and called them insane but yet here I am on their side. New normal? New madness this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

RobitTV wrote: »
    There is already a certain 'ethnic minority' who are out and about and won't be hounded by the Gardai and sent packing back home.

The Gardai will be nowhere to be seen when they arrive. But they will turn back the well behaved people without fear.

A lot of the same minority seem incapable of forming orderly queues outside shops as well. I’ve lost count at how many times I’ve seen them get out of their car, pass the queue of shoppers waiting and waltz right through into the shop with no hesitation from security guard. And I highly doubt they are essential workers. One rule for them and another for mugs like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

foxy_j wrote: »
    We were invited to a friend's for a BBQ this weekend. Bit surprised tbh and not sure that's wise at the moment. I know it's outdoors but I'll deffo need the loo while there and obviously we'd be using their cutlery, plates etc. Thoughts?

I know many here will tell you to ‘live your life’ but it’s not that straightforward. If there are only 4 of you outdoors and it’s within 5km you aren’t breaking any restriction.

You aren’t supposed to enter someone’s house though.

Personally, I wouldn’t go if you will have to enter the house but I’m sure others have different views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

99.99% you wont catch Covid

Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Ireland to get 2bn out of 750bn EU recovery fund announced, implemented in July.

2 LOUSY billion.

Perhaps explains why places will be opened ahead of schedule along with Leo confirming school opening today.

I think before we get it taxation of MNC's is supposed to be on the table again. If thats the case then a big thanks to the EU once again in times of crisis.

2 LOUSY billion.

There's a big list of measures already available and that €2bn was reported way back in April.

https://www.thinkbusiness.ie/articles/financial-liquidity-supports-irish-businesses-smes-government-banks-covid19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

2 LOUSY billion.

There is an unease in Europe of handing money over to countries who aren’t willing to help themselves.

Why should german citizens contribute to pay people in Ireland to sit at home on 350 a week because the government is afraid to make a decision.

Think about it, if the roles were reversed and say Greece decided to sit on their holes for half the summer would you be happy working away ? The eu will help countries who at least attempt to help themselves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

In this case, Simon Harris has recommended adult nappies.

https://twitter.com/simonharristd/status/126627236057689702?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I know this is an anonymous forum but honestly if anyone knew me and were told 6 months ago that I’d agree with MOL and bloody IBEC I’d have laughed at them and called them insane but yet here I am on their side. New normal? New madness this is.

Even Richard Boyd Barrett was making sense this morning, he was saying that he’s been trying without success for two months to get minutes of NPHET meetings.
    Always a fan of Michael though, won’t hear a word said against him!

• Advertisement

the kelt wrote: »
    There is an unease in Europe of handing money over to countries who aren’t willing to help themselves.

Why should german citizens contribute to pay people in Ireland to sit at home on 350 a week because the government is afraid to make a decision.

Think about it, if the roles were reversed and say Greece decided to sit on their holes for half the summer would you be happy working away ?
    Paschal, about that time, did say we are going to go to the markets instead for funding what we need.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement