Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

barryribs wrote: »
    I've the p20 pro at the moment and thinking of upgrading. 469 from carphone looks like the best around with the GT watch free and 20 euro top up that I won't use. Does anyone know what these are like to unlock? Or any online company that can get the code? Previously, I've always bought on my network or sim free

From looking around previously it's about 50 to unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What are Carphone Warehouse like for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

TitianGerm wrote: »

I've just ordered this morning, it says that they are delayed with the restrictions, I'll let you know how it goes.

It looks like ebay is the best option for unlocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some carphone warehouse shops seem to be open too (a couple in Limerick are, anyway)

Mr E wrote: »
    Some carphone warehouse shops seem to be open too (a couple in Limerick are, anyway)

It says the P30 Pro is an online exclusive.

Still can't find a decent glass screen protector for herselfs Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

I've the p20 pro at the moment and thinking of upgrading. 469 from carphone looks like the best around with the GT watch free and 20 euro top up that I won't use. Does anyone know what these are like to unlock? Or any online company that can get the code? Previously, I've always bought on my network or sim free

Is this deal on pay as you go or contract.

Which network would you be locked into?

Barr wrote: »
    Is this deal on pay as you go or contract.

Which network would you be locked into?

It's pay as you go, and I'm on gomo but would prefer it to be sim free. I'm not sure if the free watch is the gt or gt2

It's pay as you go, and I'm on gomo but would prefer it to be sim free. I'm not sure if the free watch is the gt or gt2

Let us know how you get on , I would be interested to know if the phone is the dual sim version .

Seems like a decent offer to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I'm considering buying as well. I'm with Vodafone so happy enough with it being locked. I wasn't sure re the dual sim vs single sim, so i've contacted Carphone Warehouse and they're looking into it for me. I'll post here if I find out.

Its saying out of stock so may have already missed the boat already !

• Advertisement

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    I'm considering buying as well. I'm with Vodafone so happy enough with it being locked. I wasn't sure re the dual sim vs single sim, so i've contacted Carphone Warehouse and they're looking into it for me. I'll post here if I find out.

I didnt think CPW stocked dual sim phones, I used work with one of the networks and I don't think we or CPW every stocked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Its saying out of stock so may have already missed the boat already !

Ah well, saved myself a few hundred €€s on something I didn't need anyway! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

GIMP wrote: »
    I have the P30 pro nearly a year. The screen has definitely scratched more than previous phones I have had. I never use a screen protector.

Mine is the same, I never use a screen protector on any phone, this one has more scratches than previous phones combined.

Mine is regularly thrown into and stored in a bag pocket with a load of cables, USB keys, and memory cards and it’s never marked at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

P30 Pro update on Eir today
    10.1 to be released around July but requires todays download to upgrade to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Would be very surprised if this was a dual sim as most providers want you to stay with them hense they dont provide dule sime phones. Three have a good deal at the moment on bill pay for the p30 pro. 30 euros pm with 289 euro upfront, all you can eat data three to three calls and 100mins flexi mins, 24mth contract so just over a 1000 over 24months, not a bad deal compared to others.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Would be very surprised if this was a dual sim as most providers want you to stay with them hense they dont provide dule sime phones. Three have a good deal at the moment on bill pay for the p30 pro. 30 euros pm with 289 euro upfront, all you can eat data three to three calls and 100mins flexi mins, 24mth contract so just over a 1000 over 24months, not a bad deal compared to others.
    Bought a Samsung A40 from Three on PAYG last Christmas and it's dual SIM. It's locked to Three but as long as there's a Three SIM in it, the other SIM slot will work with Abby network.

It arrived today with nightline, very good in fairness. The watch is the GT2 Sport 46mm and it's very nice. First impressions are really good, the zoom on the camera is insane. I do miss the physical button though, even if it didn't depress on the p20, will take time to get used to.

I've bought the unlock code from ebay so hoping to have it by the beginning of next week.

It arrived today with nightline, very good in fairness. The watch is the GT2 Sport 46mm and it's very nice. First impressions are really good, the zoom on the camera is insane. I do miss the physical button though, even if it didn't depress on the p20, will take time to get used to.

I've bought the unlock code from ebay so hoping to have it by the beginning of next week.

What is the model number on the phone?

What is the model number on the phone?

VOG-L09

• Advertisement

Dam should have ordered the other day. All out of stock now :(

Dam should have ordered the other day. All out of stock now :(

And it's back in stock and offering the free smart watch.

What is the story with the Mystic Blue colour. Was it ever for sale in Ireland/Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That’s one of the newer versions to get around the Android restrictions isn’t it? The breathing crystal is one of the original model ones, I’ve that one myself but the back fairly scratches.

Just a bit odd it’s not sold as a option here

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Can i ask for where you got the code from?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just a bit odd it’s not sold as a option here

Spoke to Huawei before about the lack of colour options sold here they replied it's the networks buyers decide what would sell here and black and dark is the preferred on the networks

• Advertisement

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Can i ask for where you got the code from?

Bought it from here;
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/UNLOCK-CODE-IRELAND-VODAFONE-ANY-HUAWEI-P30-P30-LITE-P30-PRO-MATE-20-P20-LITE/254345523345?hash=item3b382cb091:g:~wAAAOSwIXZdaVUT

Hasn't arrived yet, but should have it in the next few days. Any problems I can go through paypal anyway

Advertisement