Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

goose06 wrote: »
    This allows your work to remotely wipe the phone or enforce policies on it, sim lock, screen lock etc.

I wonder why they only want control to block a huawei and no other brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

I wonder why they only want control to block a huawei and no other brand.

We do it for all devices but totally depends on your company, are they US?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

anyone got a recommendation for tempered glass (full adhesive) for p30 pro....thanks in advance for any replies..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

anyone got a recommendation for tempered glass (full adhesive) for p30 pro....thanks in advance for any replies..

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

Is the P30 pro still worth getting? Coming from a OnePlus 5. Does it have the Google apps in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

swarmberg wrote: »
    Is the P30 pro still worth getting? Coming from a OnePlus 5. Does it have the Google apps in Ireland?

It does have Google apps and definitely still worth getting. I usually change phone yearly and to be honest I'm struggling to justify changing from my p30 pro. It seems like all the new flagship phones this year are going to have the 5g capable snapdragon 865 which is going to add a premium as already seen with the S20 and xiaomi Mi 10. More phone announcements coming in the next few weeks and I expect the main topic of discussion to be about how expensive they are. 5G is fairly overrated for now due to limited availability and paying a premium for the plan. If its anything like 4g it'll be included in all plans and be more widely available within the next year or 2. So for 2020 I think any of the flagships from 2019 are the best buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

When I'm watching videos on Facebook or YouTube the screen seems to be slightly zoomed as I sometimes can't see text at the bottom on the video screen. I didn't change anything. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Pinch the screen to reduce aspect ratio to original

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Best phone I ever had, simple as...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Is Google Maps timeline working for people on this phone?

It used to when but I think it stopped when I updated to Android 10 in December.
    Location setting are on, maps app is not battery optimized. Cleared cache too and updated app.

Any ideas to kick-start it again?
    Weighs an uninstall and reinstall help here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

It does have Google apps and definitely still worth getting. I usually change phone yearly and to be honest I'm struggling to justify changing from my p30 pro. It seems like all the new flagship phones this year are going to have the 5g capable snapdragon 865 which is going to add a premium as already seen with the S20 and xiaomi Mi 10. More phone announcements coming in the next few weeks and I expect the main topic of discussion to be about how expensive they are. 5G is fairly overrated for now due to limited availability and paying a premium for the plan. If its anything like 4g it'll be included in all plans and be more widely available within the next year or 2. So for 2020 I think any of the flagships from 2019 are the best buy.

Correct ref overrated 5G, FFS we're lucky to get 4G as it is

Keith186 wrote: »

It used to when but I think it stopped when I updated to Android 10 in December.
    Location setting are on, maps app is not battery optimized. Cleared cache too and updated app.

Yes working fine for me. I'd say Google it, probably an obscure setting somewhere

I used the phone for one weekend recently (was away and didn’t want work phone on the go) and it picked up nothing on my timeline either.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Keith186 wrote: »

Not working for me either but found this

havent tried it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

I got it to work using

Settings -> Privacy ->Advanced ->Google Location History ->Choose Account -> Devices on this account -> (this device) -> tick checkbox

This had been unchecked but when I checked it, location history started to update

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeyCelia

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Have been waiting a while for these. But was hoping for headphone socket, alas rumour says only the P30 will have one, not the Pro. Also rumoured not to be 5G , which is a shame as I would have hoped to have this phone for 2-3 years
    Now 1 year pasted, Amazing P40 series coming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Don't like the fact they have a pro plus. Rumour is it'll cost 1300euro if it comes to Europe which is ****ing insane

Don't like the fact they have a pro plus. Rumour is it'll cost 1300euro if it comes to Europe which is ****ing insane

And largely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

As impressive as the camera will be, the lack of Google is gonna be a big dent id imagine

Huawei's primary market is China which dwarfs the rest of the world. Europe and the US is a drop in the ocean for them. At least they're still pushing the envelope hardware wise so others may follow

• Advertisement

Huawei's primary market is China which dwarfs the rest of the world. Europe and the US is a drop in the ocean for them. At least they're still pushing the envelope hardware wise so others may follow

It's not though Huawei have said this themselves. Especially with countries not using them for 5g infastructure

It's not though Huawei have said this themselves. Especially with countries not using them for 5g infastructure
    5G seems slowly accepted in EU this year...

Cotts72 wrote: »
    As impressive as the camera will be, the lack of Google is gonna be a big dent id imagine
    Tototally agree with you. Really amazing camera and tech/design! Really want to have a try!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Griffinx wrote: »
    I got it to work using

Settings -> Privacy ->Advanced ->Google Location History ->Choose Account -> Devices on this account -> (this device) -> tick checkbox

This had been unchecked but when I checked it, location history started to update

Thanks, got it working doing this. Didn't really work at first but it enabled over night, got a notification about 5AM confirming it.

I meant that their mobile device division could probably get away with not releasing phones outside of the Chinese market and still be fine. But yeah other aspects of their business like 5G infrastructure are a big loss to them when some countries are opting not to use it. Last I saw Huawei 5g infrastructure is being used in Ireland anyway. I've considered getting the Mate 30 Pro or even the new P40 Pro, the primary google apps I like gmail and maps can be installed separately. It's banking apps that would be the big loss, I don't think BOI, KBC, Revolut apps will work unless they are installed from the play store. I could be wrong about that but even if they do work you'd need to be manually updating them by downloading the latest apks on a regular basis.

Be a full time job manually updating Revolut.

I meant that their mobile device division could probably get away with not releasing phones outside of the Chinese market and still be fine. But yeah other aspects of their business like 5G infrastructure are a big loss to them when some countries are opting not to use it. Last I saw Huawei 5g infrastructure is being used in Ireland anyway. I've considered getting the Mate 30 Pro or even the new P40 Pro, the primary google apps I like gmail and maps can be installed separately. It's banking apps that would be the big loss, I don't think BOI, KBC, Revolut apps will work unless they are installed from the play store. I could be wrong about that but even if they do work you'd need to be manually updating them by downloading the latest apks on a regular basis.

The big problem loads of stuff needs underlying Google play stuff to work properly. Hell even there phone clone is on play store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Sorry if this was asked a gazillion times but will the p30 still have google? Thinking about getting it.

Sorry if this was asked a gazillion times but will the p30 still have google? Thinking about getting it.

It does. Only affected phones they released after the restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

If anyone went from a P20 pro to a p30 pro, what's the jump like? Worth it or just a tiny upgrade? Have my p20 pro near 2 years now and no issues with it, just fancy something newer. Not keen on the P40 pro without android and looks like P30 pro can be got for decent prices new and sim free. Would anyone expect the price to drop further with the release of the P40?

Advertisement