Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Version 10.0.0.190 updated on Eir over the weekend.
    March 1st security patch...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

joey100 wrote: »
    If anyone went from a P20 pro to a p30 pro, what's the jump like? Worth it or just a tiny upgrade? Have my p20 pro near 2 years now and no issues with it, just fancy something newer. Not keen on the P40 pro without android and looks like P30 pro can be got for decent prices new and sim free. Would anyone expect the price to drop further with the release of the P40?

I'd like to know this as well

• Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

Wheres the cheapest place to pick a p30 pro up at the minute, I see eglobal have the 8gb/128gb dual sim for 540€ any better deals than that anyone knows of?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

john15 wrote: »
    Wheres the cheapest place to pick a p30 pro up at the minute, I see eglobal have the 8gb/128gb dual sim for 540€ any better deals than that anyone knows of?
    Thanks
    That's probably the cheapest you're going to get it for. The closest to that I've seen was when the pound tanked to €1.06 last month and it could have been gotten for €550 on Amazon.co.uk.

I'd pay the small bit extra and buy from Amazon.de for €555 plus €8 for shipping. I've bought hundreds of euro worth of electronics from eGlobal but I wouldn't do it for a saving that small. The difference in shipping time and security alone is worth the small difference.

Vodafone have it for 450

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

Vodafone have it for 450

Thanks for that, would that be locked to the Vodafone network? Also it showing 500e online is it possible to get the 50e discount as an existing customer, I am coming to the end of my contract in the coming weeks and dont want to sign up to another.

john15 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, would that be locked to the Vodafone network? Also it showing 500e online is it possible to get the 50e discount as an existing customer, I am coming to the end of my contract in the coming weeks and dont want to sign up to another.

No idea to be honest, shopping around for it at the moment and it seems the cheapest in Ireland (or swapping to three for 279 + 30 a month, but then you are locked in.

I assume getting it unlocked is just another 50 or so?

The discount isnt applied until you get to the the checkout but its there, and I dont think I said if I was an existing or new customer. (hate the way you get better deals for not showing any loyalty!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

P30pro is a brilliant phone, no shortage of updates, fantastic camera, gone to the stage that my 5DMK4 has gone into semi retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

joey100 wrote: »
    If anyone went from a P20 pro to a p30 pro, what's the jump like? Worth it or just a tiny upgrade? Have my p20 pro near 2 years now and no issues with it, just fancy something newer. Not keen on the P40 pro without android and looks like P30 pro can be got for decent prices new and sim free. Would anyone expect the price to drop further with the release of the P40?

I'm in same position. P20 Pro with the last 18 months. Great phone but I've been having constant poor bluetooth issues. I'd had put it down to cheap headphones but recently got good quality jabra ones and still get terrible bluetooth performance and they work perfectly on my wife's Pixel 3A, so it has to be the P20 Pro.

Anyway for €499 on Vodafone and hopefully €50 off if I can get a sim to port over to Vodafone, its a great price. Might get €200 for the P20 Pro on adverts.

Anyone else upgrade from P20 Pro to P30 Pro?

I'm in same position. P20 Pro with the last 18 months. Great phone but I've been having constant poor bluetooth issues. I'd had put it down to cheap headphones but recently got good quality jabra ones and still get terrible bluetooth performance and they work perfectly on my wife's Pixel 3A, so it has to be the P20 Pro.

Anyway for €499 on Vodafone and hopefully €50 off if I can get a sim to port over to Vodafone, its a great price. Might get €200 for the P20 Pro on adverts.

Anyone else upgrade from P20 Pro to P30 Pro?

I'll be doing it once the lockdown is over (have one for all vouchers to use). It's a great deal

We're u tempted to get a 3a instead at all?

• Advertisement

I’ve a 3XL and an P30 Pro at home that I was messing about with the other day and if you want camera I’d 100% buy the 3A, the photos are very washed out on the Huawei by comparison and it can’t do portrait type pictures very well at all. For nearly everything else I’d get the P30 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

It's been happening a few weeks now. When browsing using Chrome it becomes unresponsive. If I kill the app it comes back fine. Can't see anything from an internet search. Anyone else using Chrome Web browser have freezing issues?

My god the Vodafone website is simply the worst e-commerce experience I've ever had. Simply awful. Tried 4 different times to buy the P30 Pro using a Eir sim to switch, save €50 and get it for €450. Pretty sure I'm down €450 from a failed attempt where they still took payment, so I will now need to go chase a refund. I tried another 4 times after than, have tried 4 different email address and it keeps failing for different reasons. I'm chatting with Vodafone support on FB but not sure it will help.

It's available for €515 on three.ie. Does anyone know if it's unlocked? Might just give up on Vodafone.

My god the Vodafone website is simply the worst e-commerce experience I've ever had. Simply awful. Tried 4 different times to buy the P30 Pro using a Eir sim to switch, save €50 and get it for €450. Pretty sure I'm down €450 from a failed attempt where they still took payment, so I will now need to go chase a refund. I tried another 4 times after than, have tried 4 different email address and it keeps failing for different reasons. I'm chatting with Vodafone support on FB but not sure it will help.

It's available for €515 on three.ie. Does anyone know if it's unlocked? Might just give up on Vodafone.

Mine was unlocked when bought from three but this was at launch last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Vodafone have it for 450

Does anyone know if it bought through Vodafone or the other mobile operators - is it the dual sim version ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

bogman wrote: »
    P30pro is a brilliant phone, no shortage of updates, fantastic camera, gone to the stage that my 5DMK4 has gone into semi retirement.
    Yeah, I'm seriously impressed with it. I got an iPhone 8 for work, and I know it's a bit older, but it's so bad in comparison. The camera is a disgrace when you're used to the p30 pro.
    iHungry wrote: »
    It's been happening a few weeks now. When browsing using Chrome it becomes unresponsive. If I kill the app it comes back fine. Can't see anything from an internet search. Anyone else using Chrome Web browser have freezing issues?

I had the same issue a few times now you mention it. If you minimise by pressing the home button and then maximise it works fine, no need to kill the app. Hopefully an update sorts it. It doesn't happen too often, but I'd rather not have the issue

Cienciano wrote: »
    I had the same issue a few times now you mention it. If you minimise by pressing the home button and then maximise it works fine, no need to kill the app. Hopefully an update sorts it. It doesn't happen too often, but I'd rather not have the issue

Cool that works thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

Just got my p30 pro today from eir, but i have no update to android 10 yet, do i need to install each update 1 by 1?

Edit: never mind, yep i had to do 3 updates in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Barr wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it bought through Vodafone or the other mobile operators - is it the dual sim version ?

Not dual sim version on Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vodafone are giving away a pair of Freebuds 3 with the P30 Pro now.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Vodafone are giving away a pair of Freebuds 3 with the P30 Pro now.

Nice I was holding off until shops re-open but might just go ahead with this now

Nice I was holding off until shops re-open but might just go ahead with this now

Yea think I'm going to get it as well and upgrade from the One Plus 5.

Yea think I'm going to get it as well and upgrade from the One Plus 5.

This website is painful

Not sure I can buy this till Monday now. Looks like my Eir Account number is non existent!

This website is painful

Not sure I can buy this till Monday now. Looks like my Eir Account number is non existent!

Do you need to Port your number? You could just buy it at €499.

Herself got one last week and there was no Vodafone splash screen so I think it is unlocked.

My Vodafone one has no splash screen but was locked. I had to pay around 50 euro to get it unlocked to put a GoMo sim in.

My Vodafone one has no splash screen but was locked. I had to pay around 50 euro to get it unlocked to put a GoMo sim in.

Yep just checked here and it's locked to Vodafone.

Do you need to Port your number? You could just buy it at €499.

Herself got one last week and there was no Vodafone splash screen so I think it is unlocked.

Its the website its unusable, can get to a certain point and then it crashes and then that email is "in use" but I cant get a password etc.

An absolute mess

Its the website its unusable, can get to a certain point and then it crashes and then that email is "in use" but I cant get a password etc.

An absolute mess

I tried for a day and a half last week, easily 10 attempts to buy from Vodafone and simply couldn't purchase it. Kept giving me errors. I tried FB chat and they couldn't help either.

Gave up and bought from 3. Never seen an worse website to buy from

I tried for a day and a half last week, easily 10 attempts to buy from Vodafone and simply couldn't purchase it. Kept giving me errors. I tried FB chat and they couldn't help either.

Gave up and bought from 3. Never seen an worse website to buy from

Yeah I want those headphones though if buying online. If not I'll just wait the week.

Painful experience

• Advertisement

Finally got it ordered. Looking forward to getting the phone, not confident at all that the headphones will be coming with it!

Advertisement