Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

devilabit wrote: »
    Completely agree with you. Purchasing a handset from Vodafone has been the worst experience I have ever had online. There was a problem every step of the way. Their backend systems are so bad that if you have a previous order that was cancelled you are unable to purchase anything else from the website. I have even received an item from another order that I had cancelled minutes after I placed the order.

In the end I managed to purchase the P30 Pro as a new customer (second attempt, first attempt failed at payment page) but I now somehow have a phone from one of the orders that failed. I never received an email confirmation and I doubt I will receive the headphones as the offer has now been removed from the website even though the headphones are in stock.

You got two phones and money was only taken once? That happened with a few people on the Pixel thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭devilabit

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You got two phones and money was only taken once? That happened with a few people on the Pixel thread.

Only one phone received so far but I imagine I will get the phone for the order that succeeded. The order that was successful was placed yesterday and I received a phone today. No money taken out of my account so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Completely agree with you. Purchasing a handset from Vodafone has been the worst experience I have ever had online. There was a problem every step of the way. Their backend systems are so bad that if you have a previous order that was cancelled you are unable to purchase anything else from the website. I have even received an item from another order that I had cancelled minutes after I placed the order.

In the end I managed to purchase the P30 Pro as a new customer (second attempt, first attempt failed at payment page) but I now somehow have a phone from one of the orders that failed. I never received an email confirmation and I doubt I will receive the headphones as the offer has now been removed from the website even though the headphones are in stock.

Only two attempts, you are lucky I now have 15 account numbers associated with my Vodafone account. And in trying to fix it they locked me out.

Still no headphones, still no clue. Got onto them today and got back the T&Cs for a pair of beats.

Took 10 days and countless phone calls to switch networks with no communication at all back

It's shambolic, but might be the same across the board (have heard three are poor as well), with the amount of queries answered in shop underestimated.

Awful experience, and if anyone is thinking of the phone don't go Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Only one phone received so far but I imagine I will get the phone for the order that succeeded. The order that was successful was placed yesterday and I received a phone today. No money taken out of my account so far.

That might be yesterday's order. Herself ordered over the phone on a Wednesday and it arrived before lunch on the Thursday.

Barr wrote: »

They didn’t do much last time either. It’s only basically a re-release to keep google services on their main line of phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

The website is a disaster, I have created numerous email addresses trying to order phones! I'm lucky in that my order for a p30 pro actually arrived about 5 days after I ordered and came with the freebuds attached. Seems to be gone off the website now.

I['m trying to order a p30 lite and after numerous attempts and creating different email addresses I succeeded, even got an order confirmation immediately and more confirmation next day! with high excitement I logged into the vodafone new account after about 50 attempts of getting cookies and emails to say login to eventually find they that the order now says cancelled! Got onto chat and they are clueless. Give up after contacting them on twitter and facebook, again clueless.

After creating yet another email address I ordered again a few nights ago but no email confirmation, when I try and track the order using email address and order no I get an error! So no idea if it's gone through, the money is pending on the account but so is the first order that says cancelled. dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'm not having much more joy with Three. Placed order on 5th May, was told it would take 2-4 working days, grand. No sign of it by Monday so contacted them using the chat function and they said that I will receive an email in the next 48 hours with details of when my order will arrive. Write to them again today and informed that my order is showing up as cancelled. Infuriating! The only reason I am using the chat is because it seems to be the only way to contact them, not replying on twitter and long waits on phone lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Placed an order with Three yesterday. Got no email confirmation and it didnt show in my account. I was told to wait 24 hours for it.

Still no email, money has been taken from my account and live chat say they have no record of my purchase. I've been told to wait another 24 hours for an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Placed an order with Three yesterday. Got no email confirmation and it didnt show in my account. I was told to wait 24 hours for it.

Still no email, money has been taken from my account and live chat say they have no record of my purchase. I've been told to wait another 24 hours for an email.

They are shocking to deal with, based on my experience with them today I would not be confident about your order. Mine was ordered and cancelled 4 times before they eventually got it right (hopefully). They said it should be with me by Monday, didn't have the smart watch included or colour I originally ordered either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Guys my girlfriends phone has suddenly started acting weird , she has no internet access at home on the WIFI (has worked perfect till today) , my phone and others bits (ps4, tv, tablet) all working as normal off the wifi

It saying connected but no internet access , have tried resettng network setting and clearing cache and all the stuff set out in most of the answers google through up can anyone else say they've had this problem or know what it is ?

Mobile date still works i might add

• Advertisement

Guys my girlfriends phone has suddenly started acting weird , she has no internet access at home on the WIFI (has worked perfect till today) , my phone and others bits (ps4, tv, tablet) all working as normal off the wifi

It saying connected but no internet access , have tried resettng network setting and clearing cache and all the stuff set out in most of the answers google through up can anyone else say they've had this problem or know what it is ?

Mobile date still works i might add

Really stupid question, but did you turn the router on and off?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Really stupid question, but did you turn the router on and off?

ha ha yeah we did , it's weird it just came back by itself after a while very strange had never ever happened before

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

ha ha yeah we did , it's weird it just came back by itself after a while very strange had never ever happened before

Did she get an update recently? I've noticed random "!" no Internet beside my WiFi connection since updating to 190.

It isn't a problem with my WiFi as all other devices in the house work fine. It seems to fix itself after a while, toggling WiFi or airplane more doesn't seem to fix it.

I've decent 4G coverage so haven't tried a restart to fix it quicker yet.

Do people use the gesture based or on screen navigation?

Still haven't quite settled

I found the gestures a lot better. You need a small bit of time to get used to them but they become natural fairly quickly. Helps that they’re the same on nearly all phones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I turned them off. I think the problem is trying to set up a new phone they're automatically on. Flicking between apps and trying to reset passwords, it just got too frustrating, so turned them off straight away and never turned them on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I'm using them and liking them. Takes a small bit of getting used to but you get some more screen real estate so that's the big benefit.

Finally and rather randomly got my Freebud 3s delivered today

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭downesy

Quick question, I'm not able to see whos calling or who I've missed a call from, while I'm on a call with the P30 Pro. Anyone know if this is something I can change on the phone or is it something I need to deal with?

I do know I'm missing calls as it I get a message call diverted or similar when on a call but don't know who from and can't find anywhere to check. the missed calls don't go to the call log history.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced the issue that I am having with my P30 Pro.

I bought it brand new in mid March but for the past week I cannot answer any incoming calls and find it very hard to turn off my alarm by swiping. Swiping works perfectly fine for bringing up news feeds, etc. But not for answering calls or turning the alarm off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Only have this phone a week, having an s10 before I am very happy with the improvement, hard to believe that they are in a similar price range

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Only have this phone a week, having an s10 before I am very happy with the improvement, hard to believe that they are in a similar price range

How do you find the cameras compare ... anything else stand out between the two.

Could anyone confirm if the P30 pro comes with a screen protector pre installed from Huawei ?

Could anyone confirm if the P30 pro comes with a screen protector pre installed from Huawei ?

Mine does

Does it offer reasonable protection . Just wondering if there is a need to get tempered glass protector.

Does it offer reasonable protection . Just wondering if there is a need to get tempered glass protector.

The only reason I know it is on, is because its scratched already.

Would recommend upgrading (though I myself have not yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

I have the P30 pro nearly a year. The screen has definitely scratched more than previous phones I have had. I never use a screen protector.

The only reason I know it is on, is because its scratched already.

Would recommend upgrading (though I myself have not yet)

Sometimes the factory ones can be a bit soft . I'll have a look at Amazon , they usually have a good few options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

My screen isn't scratched had it since launch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

I've the p20 pro at the moment and thinking of upgrading. 469 from carphone looks like the best around with the GT watch free and 20 euro top up that I won't use. Does anyone know what these are like to unlock? Or any online company that can get the code? Previously, I've always bought on my network or sim free

Advertisement