Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

yes...it feels very sturdy....compared to a straight in usb-c connection.....i use earphones with L shaped connection into it mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

After I installed the Android 10 update, the OS has selected Chrome as my default browser.

Is there any way to set this to none? Used to be able to on 9 afaik.

Lots of links are now opening in Chrome instead of their app, like Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Keith186 wrote: »
    After I installed the Android 10 update, the OS has selected Chrome as my default browser.

Is there any way to set this to none? Used to be able to on 9 afaik.

Lots of links are now opening in Chrome instead of their app, like Amazon.

Settings -Apps - Default Apps..... select your preferred browser.
    Also you can disable Chrome under apps

Also under Apps select Chrome and under Open by default you can clear anything opened by default

GIMP wrote: »
    Also under Apps select Chrome and under Open by default you can clear anything opened by default

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

• Advertisement

While we're at it, is there anyway to change Spotify on the lock screen?

I had it set up to unlock notifications on face unlock which is now greyed out. Used to be handy for skipping tracks and seeing a message etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

Finally got the emui 10 update on P30 on Vodafone

Anyone know if you’d need a SIM in the phone to get the update? I’ve a Vodafone one but haven’t had a SIM in it at all in a good while and there’s not a sign of the 10 update on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

What are the cameras like on the P20/P30 Lite series compared to the Pro series?

I've a P20 Pro and the camera is fantastic and a few family members are interested in Huawei as a result but as light Smartphone users the Pro series is out of their price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

got some update on eir the other day, not emui 10 though 9. something

• Advertisement

What are the cameras like on the P20/P30 Lite series compared to the Pro series?

I've a P20 Pro and the camera is fantastic and a few family members are interested in Huawei as a result but as light Smartphone users the Pro series is out of their price range.

They aren't as good on the non pro version but I think they're supposed to be alright for the price range they are in. If photos are the main thing try get the Pixel 3A from Vodafone for €180 when it comes into stock.

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058028306

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    got some update on eir the other day, not emui 10 though 9. something
    Try update Hicare app in the Huawei app store then check for the update in that Hicare app. Worked for a few of us so far.

Keith186 wrote: »
    They aren't as good on the non pro version but I think they're supposed to be alright for the price range they are in. If photos are the main thing try get the Pixel 3A from Vodafone for €180 when it comes into stock.

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058028306

fantastic phone and price....its the 64gb storage only with no expansion which is sticking point

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tony H wrote: »
    Finally got the emui 10 update on P30 on Vodafone

I've had 2 updates since that post. And neither are 10! On three btw

Vodafone. Still.

9xZwbBi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnboy316

Anyone know if you’d need a SIM in the phone to get the update? I’ve a Vodafone one but haven’t had a SIM in it at all in a good while and there’s not a sign of the 10 update on it.

I've try the default HiCare App and still no update showing so it's not just you

Yeah I updated my HiCare app to the newest version before trying too and still nothing. Anyone have any luck with a different region?
    This is why Android pisses me off in a big way sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I eventually updated mine through the hicare app but it took a couple of weeks after the first post on here to get it. I did a force stop and cleared the apps cache and a few days later I had it, unlikely to be related but worth a try. I checked my wife's phone (also p30) and she was on 10 already and it was an auto update. I'll guess it's a staggered roll out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Updated to 10.0.0.178 via HiCare this morning (Eir customer)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

bogman wrote: »
    Updated to 10.0.0.178 via HiCare this morning (Eir customer)

available for me to on eir via the software update tool

• Advertisement

Just checked and it's there for me on 3

Still haven’t got Vodafone.

Anyone know how to change the default launcher? The normal ways don't work

Found it: Settings/apps/ defualt apps/ home app/ Nova launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

P30 Carphone warehouse unlocked got the Android 10 update this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

This surely has a simple answer... Got a new GoMo SIM card and can't get the internet on my Huawei. 'Mobile data always on' What needs to be (re)adjusted ? Chose GoMo3g as 'available network'. Thanks.

Diairist wrote: »
    This surely has a simple answer... Got a new GoMo SIM card and can't get the internet on my Huawei. 'Mobile data always on' What needs to be (re)adjusted ? Chose GoMo3g as 'available network'. Thanks.

Have you set up new apn for network?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

Good question - GoMo person on Facebook asked about that. In making sure that was ok, 'mobile data always on' was turned off. Turning it back on did the trick. Thank you.

i can never seem to get a perfect panorama photo on my p30 pro....my old samsung s8 was always perfect doing this....any advice gratefully received.

Anyone know what this guff is about when I try to add my work email to the P30 Pro on the default email app?
    I’ve added it to the default mail app on iPhones or Samsungs in the past without it looking for full control like this. Or is it just a stock message and can be ignored?

B9gSBAI.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

This allows your work to remotely wipe the phone or enforce policies on it, sim lock, screen lock etc.
    Anyone know what this guff is about when I try to add my work email to the P30 Pro on the default email app?
    I’ve added it to the default mail app on iPhones or Samsungs in the past without it looking for full control like this. Or is it just a stock message and can be ignored?

B9gSBAI.png

Advertisement