Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 this-is-the-one

I tried for a day and a half last week, easily 10 attempts to buy from Vodafone and simply couldn't purchase it. Kept giving me errors. I tried FB chat and they couldn't help either.

Gave up and bought from 3. Never seen an worse website to buy from

Have you received it from 3?

I ordered it on 15th from them, got an email on 16th to say delivery would be delayed until 20th and nothing since. Its was the Breathing Crystal colour watch bundle I ordered, not sure if it is the phone or the watch which they don't have in stock. The bundle with the watch is now showing out of stock on the website, so I don't know if my order is going to be cancelled or what. I DMd the care team on Twitter last Monday, still no response. I know there are more important issues at present and I didn't expect them to prioritise my problem but a week without response is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I ordered it on 15th from them, got an email on 16th to say delivery would be delayed until 20th and nothing since. Its was the Breathing Crystal colour watch bundle I ordered, not sure if it is the phone or the watch which they don't have in stock. The bundle with the watch is now showing out of stock on the website, so I don't know if my order is going to be cancelled or what. I DMd the care team on Twitter last Monday, still no response. I know there are more important issues at present and I didn't expect them to prioritise my problem but a week without response is a joke.

Ya I got it but I just went for the Black version on Prepay. Breathing Crystal colour was showing as out of stock for me. I ordered last Thursday and got it Friday morning, so great service once it's in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Got this from Vodafone.

Doesn't look like any headphones came (unless in the box). Giving them a call on it but be not holding out much hope. Might be going back

Got this from Vodafone.

Doesn't look like any headphones came (unless in the box). Giving them a call on it but be not holding out much hope. Might be going back

Thats annoying given how frigging hard it is to order it

Thats annoying given how frigging hard it is to order it

From speaking to the rep on Twitter I should get them within 28 days. They must have to send off to Huawei or something

Beautiful device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I lost my headphones, I got some wired Huawei usb headphones on DHgate for something like €12.

Edit:
    https://www.dhgate.com/product/huawei-original-cm33-earphone-usb-type-c/509115241.html
    They're the ones I got, looks like they aren't offering free delivery anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got one, and I just didn't like it. Sides too slippy, speaker too tinny, and the sound from the ear piece "speaker" wasn't great. Numerous instances of the fingerprint scanner not working when being used by other apps (like Revolut, LastPass) - I've just sent it back, and gone with a different brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Finished work at 7am Sunday morning, chatting to the lads outside, put my coffee and phone on roof of car, stayed 10mins, picked up coffee and drove home, after 5mins realised i'd left phone in work, headed back but unable to find, realised what i may have done.

Sure enough, 2 miles from work, in middle of road was my Huawei p30 lite, had an otterbox on it, face down and looked fine, thought i'd got away with it, but no, smashed screen.

Now she's due an upgrade and doesn't need it as i bought her P30 lite in dec and she loves it.

I'm really torn between P30 Pro (with free earbuds) or the Mate 20x 5G, any advice?? Mate looks huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

scudzilla wrote: »
    Finished work at 7am Sunday morning, chatting to the lads outside, put my coffee and phone on roof of car, stayed 10mins, picked up coffee and drove home, after 5mins realised i'd left phone in work, headed back but unable to find, realised what i may have done.

Sure enough, 2 miles from work, in middle of road was my Huawei p30 lite, had an otterbox on it, face down and looked fine, thought i'd got away with it, but no, smashed screen.

Now she's due an upgrade and doesn't need it as i bought her P30 lite in dec and she loves it.

I'm really torn between P30 Pro (with free earbuds) or the Mate 20x 5G, any advice?? Mate looks huge

Well the mate 20x is indeed huge. Plus the fact that you could buy nearly 3 p30 pros with headphones for the cost of the mate 20x.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Well the mate 20x is indeed huge. Plus the fact that you could buy nearly 3 p30 pros with headphones for the cost of the mate 20x.

Not really much difference in price, p30 is 150 , mate x is 200

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not really much difference in price, p30 is 150 , mate x is 200

Ah on bill. Thought you meant outright on pre pay. I'd definitely go for the p30 Pro. The mate is massive. I've big hands and I found it way too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

The P30 pro looks great value at the moment :)

Could anyone confirm if the P30 pro with 6gb of ram comes with the fast charger ?

Barr wrote: »
    The P30 pro looks great value at the moment :)

Could anyone confirm if the P30 pro with 6gb of ram comes with the fast charger ?

I dont think there is a 6GB ram version. I just got the 128GB storage version from three and it has 8GB ram. I think that's the lowest model of P30 Pro. And yes it comes with a fast charger.

I dont think there is a 6GB ram version. I just got the 128GB storage version from three and it has 8GB ram. I think that's the lowest model of P30 Pro. And yes it comes with a fast charger.

Its a dual sim version so maybe it is a bit different . There is 6gb ram for sale with mixed opinions if comes with the fast or standard charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 this-is-the-one

My order now showing as cancelled on my3 account which I managed to login to after numerous attempts. No email etc notifying me. Try to order the black version instead and the site keeps crashing. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Was looking on Twitter and there are loads of complaints across a range of issues such as top ups where payment has been taken and no phone credit applied, people unable to access their my3 account, phone orders up to a month old and no sign of delivery or communication from 3, even an order as simple as a sim card a few weeks ago which hasn't been delivered. My DM on twitter on Monday 20th still hasn't been replied to.

Is it just issues with staff shortages due to the current circumstances coupled with their disastrous my3 upgrade recently or might it be a more long term concern, are they about to go bump I wonder?

3 would be no loss ...GoMo all the way !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

From speaking to the rep on Twitter I should get them within 28 days. They must have to send off to Huawei or something

Beautiful device

Hmmm, t&cs say they are sent with the device, id be annoyed if they didn't announce out of stock before finalising order

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Hmmm, t&cs say they are sent with the device, id be annoyed if they didn't announce out of stock before finalising order

Vodafone are a complete mess

Website is the worst I have ever used, can't complete an order

The Headphones issue (I am with you, don't think I will get them, but will be straight into the store when they re open)

Can't seem to switch networks (might not be a bad thing). Switching request failed and I was never told. It's been "escalated" by three separate people but nothing back at all.

Seriously missing just going into a store

Might just either get it unlocked for whatever cost it is or send it back.

Apalling customer experience

There seems to be a new version of the P30 pro on the way . I wonder will there be further price drops with the existing model.

https://www.gizchina.com/2020/05/04/huawei-to-launch-a-new-version-of-the-p30-pro-which-supports-gms/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Just ordered a P30 pro this morning, anyone able to recommend a good case that I could buy online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Anything made by Spigen are good. Used them for years, available on eBay and Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Actually can anyone recommend a good glass screen protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭agfasfos

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Actually can anyone recommend a good glass screen protector?

Supcase are a great protection, built in screen protection along with all round body protector, available from Amazon. Just a quick footnote, Huawei have launched their music streaming service, 3 Months free trial, similar to Spotify,worth giving it try.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm onto my 3rd clear case! one had dots inside it and yellowed, one had a coating on the outside that is now starting to flake off. One of them was Spigen, not sure which. Had a spigen hard case before for a Samsung, it was brilliant. Clear case for the Huawei not so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Hi all

Considering getting the P30 Pro.
    I am with Three, I see the phone is 519 with them but 499 with Vodafone + a set a freebuds 3 worth 179 included? Is that correct? If I bought from Vodafone would I need to get the phone unlocked and do the freebuds come with the phone? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Guys bit confusing this. Something has changed in the camera app. Previously when taking a shot I could jump between the different zooms lengths by pressing on the 1x and it would jump to 5x and then to 10x but now I can't do it. I can only scroll the zoom. I'm so bad at explaining things. Is yours the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Barr wrote: »

Pretty cool colour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭devilabit

Vodafone are a complete mess

Website is the worst I have ever used, can't complete an order

The Headphones issue (I am with you, don't think I will get them, but will be straight into the store when they re open)

Can't seem to switch networks (might not be a bad thing). Switching request failed and I was never told. It's been "escalated" by three separate people but nothing back at all.

Seriously missing just going into a store

Might just either get it unlocked for whatever cost it is or send it back.

Apalling customer experience

Completely agree with you. Purchasing a handset from Vodafone has been the worst experience I have ever had online. There was a problem every step of the way. Their backend systems are so bad that if you have a previous order that was cancelled you are unable to purchase anything else from the website. I have even received an item from another order that I had cancelled minutes after I placed the order.

In the end I managed to purchase the P30 Pro as a new customer (second attempt, first attempt failed at payment page) but I now somehow have a phone from one of the orders that failed. I never received an email confirmation and I doubt I will receive the headphones as the offer has now been removed from the website even though the headphones are in stock.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Pretty cool colour though.

For sure , just thought there may have been a camera /chip upgrade given all the hoo haa about its release.

Advertisement