Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭Christy42

Brian? wrote: »
    Some states bring in voter ID laws and specifically designate types of ID minorities are less likely to hold. Other states make it difficult to for people to get the required ID. Both are common underhand ways of disenfranchising minority voters.

It’s not as simple as it sounds. I don’t think anyone would object if it was federally run with a standard ID law in all states. It isn’t though.

A bigger travesty is he amount of people who can’t vote because of felony convictions. Only some states remove voter rights for felons and in the case of some southern states it disproportionately affects black men.

Thank you the war on drugs. Many consider it a failure. It was incredibly successful at its main aims which had little to do with stopping drugs.

Honestly I don't get the argument for the IDs. It seems like a massive amount of effort for something no one has established is in fact a problem in the first place. It should be as easy as possible to vote to encourage participation (I disagree with mandated voting but it should be as easy as possible).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Water John wrote: »
    I see a pic of Trump shaking hands with his golf partner. Thought no one was looking I'd say.

The president has the best hands, everybody is saying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Water John wrote: »
    I see a pic of Trump shaking hands with his golf partner. Thought no one was looking I'd say.

Who was the golf partner?

It's important because that person's views will become US policy tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Can't say I'm much of a fan of Joe Scarborough, he's a very arrogant elitist media hack but for the POTUS to be peddling a conspiracy about him supposedly murdering a staff member is quite unbelievable. Twilight zone stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Can't say I'm much of a fan of Joe Scarborough, he's a very arrogant elitist media hack but for the POTUS to be peddling a conspiracy about him supposedly murdering a staff member is quite unbelievable. Twilight zone stuff

It's absolutely disgusting. You'd have to wonder how this person's family feels to have the POTUS exploiting their family tragedy to go after a media personality that has criticised him. Unacceptable stuff on any level of common decency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,051 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It’s dog whistle.

He hopes it will net Scarborough more death threats. Threats that Trump will say he had nothing to do with, and that even if he did something something presidential immunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,754 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why is he out playing golf? Why is he not working flat out to get the virus sorted, get the economy back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Why is he out playing golf? Why is he not working flat out to get the virus sorted, get the economy back?

Because he couldn't give a damn. Sociopaths only care about themselves. Let him out golfing, he'd do less damage on the golf course than he's already doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Joe should send him a lawyers letter to the effect "I'll see you in court over your fake news after you lose the election" and leave it like that.

Don seems intent on inviting court cases after he loses the election and leaves the presidency. "Jeff Sessions was a disaster as Attorney General. He should've never been Attorney General, he's not qualified, he's not mentally qualified to be Attorney General". Just strange that Don didn't have that opinion and judgement when he nominated Jeff for the job in 2017. https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-sessions-attorney-general-senate/2020/05/24/id/968795/

Re the media coverage of Don and his round of golf, I have to ask why MSN is still running the story about Kayleigh McEnany saying [in 2017] President Obama was off playing golf during a crisis after she apologised two months ago for doing so [he wasn't president when Daniel Pearl was murdered]. She wasn't even Don's media secretary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Leroy42 wrote: »

He doesn’t have the ability to do either of those things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He hasn't the ability to do any of those three things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It's absolutely disgusting. You'd have to wonder how this person's family feels to have the POTUS exploiting their family tragedy to go after a media personality that has criticised him. Unacceptable stuff on any level of common decency.

The fact that twitter allow it is nearly worse. If you or I did that out account would be banned and we’d be lucky to not get a visit from the Gardaí

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

fullstop wrote: »
    The fact that twitter allow it is nearly worse. If you or I did that out account would be banned and we’d be lucky to not get a visit from the Gardaí

Confirmed by a CNN reporter that the family of the person who died have been hearing from the usual suspects in regards to the conspiracy theory Trump is putting out there. Can you imagine the death of your child being used in this grotesque way, by the President of all people.

Confirmed by a CNN reporter that the family of the person who died have been hearing from the usual suspects in regards to the conspiracy theory Trump is putting out there. Can you imagine the death of your child being used in this grotesque way, by the President of all people.

Yep, this is actually one of the worst things he's done, and that's saying something. it's absolutely despicable and shows his total lack of compassion and humanity. He's a person that lacks any sort of basic human empathy or warmth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yep, this is actually one of the worst things he's done, and that's saying something. it's absolutely despicable and shows his total lack of compassion and humanity. He's a person that lacks any sort of basic human empathy or warmth.

Him having total lack of compassion and humanity shouldn't be a surprise though. I'm sure we remember the Khan family and them talking about their son who was killed in Afghanistan and his reaction to that. Everything whether it is or not he sees as a personal affront. He's someone who wanted the powers of the office but didn't understand or want to understand the responsibility of the office of president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In slightly related news, apparently OANN sued Maddow for defamation. They lost. And it might be Maddow can recover her legal expenses from them. That'd be rich.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/self-oann-trumps-favorite-channel-mocked-after-losing-lawsuit-against-rachel-maddow/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My heart bleeds for that young man's family; imagine doing your best to move on from the trauma of your son, brother or friend losing their life so young then to read the current 'effing US President decide to reignite the conspiracy theory that he was murdered. It's an utterly grotesque, farcical world to be in that the President winking and "just asking questions" about a debunked conspiracy theory is something passing for political normalcy. Nobody deserves that kind of renewed emotional trauma.

As ever, I loved to remind all here that the manner and content of the US President's Tweets would not be acceptable under most forum charters on Boards. Donald Trump would be carded, and possibly banned from the Politics forum for spreading a toxic, vulgar conspiracy theory (forgive me mods for presuming your business here). That's a sobering, macabre thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

pixelburp wrote: »
    My heart bleeds for that young man's family; imagine doing your best to move on from the trauma of your son, brother or friend losing their life so young then to read the current 'effing US President decide to reignite the conspiracy theory that he was murdered. It's an utterly grotesque, farcical world to be in that the President winking and "just asking questions" about a debunked conspiracy theory is something passing for political normalcy. Nobody deserves that kind of renewed emotional trauma.

As ever, I loved to remind all here that the manner and content of the US President's Tweets would not be acceptable under most forum charters on Boards. Donald Trump would be carded, and possibly banned from the Politics forum for spreading a toxic, vulgar conspiracy theory (forgive me mods for presuming your business here). That's a sobering, macabre thought.

Just like Seth Rich, just like the Khan family, just like John McCain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So, when this gathers heat and starts looking bad for him (so like.....3 seconds after he tweeted it), what will be his pivot? He used "I was being sarcastic" for the bleach injections, so he might not use that one again. Will it just be a huge ruse to "GOT'EM" the media groups he doesnt like?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

You really have to feel for the family that's been dragged through this by Trump. You'd have to think that they won't speak out for fear of retaliation from MAGA loons.

Everytime I think he can't debase the office the holds any further he goes and does it.

Had to laugh at his golf (exercise) tweet, is it really exercise in hen you hop into a cart after every swing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    So, when this gathers heat and starts looking bad for him (so like.....3 seconds after he tweeted it), what will be his pivot? He used "I was being sarcastic" for the bleach injections, so he might not use that one again. Will it just be a huge ruse to "GOT'EM" the media groups he doesnt like?

It doesn't matter what his response will be to those who still support him. There's nothing left for him to do which will make them question their devotion to him and/or the Republican party. This discussion thread could continue for years and his supporters who occasionally frequent the thread; will continue to try to interpret his words/actions so they make sense and/or deflect to something else that vaguely makes him/the republican party seem normal.

Gunmonkey wrote: »

I'm not sure how he can pivot away from this, but it doesn't matter anyway. He's already done the damage by spreading this nonsense on social media.

The Trump presidency shows to me that whether you are saying stuff that's based in fact doesn't matter a jot in the current social media age. If you have a big enough platform and a loud enough voice to be able to get your rubbish out to enough people, then you'll get enough of them to believe what you are saying so that it starts to become irrelevant as to whether the information is the truth or not. It's the "alternative facts" concept at work. The whole thing is a total disaster from start to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Twitter needs to ban him as his is breaking their charter every day. The sooner the stain of this Presidency is removed the better, November can't come soon enough.

"Repeated and/or non-consensual slurs, epithets, racist and sexist tropes, or other content that degrades someone:
    We prohibit targeting individuals with repeated slurs, tropes or other content that intends to dehumanize, degrade or reinforce negative or harmful stereotypes about a protected category."

Twitter needs to ban him as his is breaking their charter every day. The sooner the stain of this Presidency is removed the better, November can't come soon enough.

"Repeated and/or non-consensual slurs, epithets, racist and sexist tropes, or other content that degrades someone:
    We prohibit targeting individuals with repeated slurs, tropes or other content that intends to dehumanize, degrade or reinforce negative or harmful stereotypes about a protected category."

Twitter makes so much money off Trump is its a direct window in to his ramblings, I doubt they'd even consider taking him off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Leaving aside the argument that Twitter benefits financially from the exposure - TBH I'm unclear how Twitter makes money anyway, last I heard it was a loss making enterprise - to ban a sitting Political Figure would be a bell that could't be un-rung. Fair to say that 99.9% of politicians' social media presence don't come anywhere close to Trump's brazen vulgarity, but there's a known quantity of a zealous, partisan following behind him. Could you imagine the explosions from Fox - or even even rabid "free speech" types seen even on Boards - if Twitter banned an active political figure as prominent as the US President? Every bias and conspiracy theory that the Internet was bias to Liberals would become true. There's no coming back from that, while Twitter itself would become a huge Target for every department, Think Tank or Lobby Group with a grudge.

I have no love for Jack Dorsey, consider him a charlatan and his service a pox on civil or intellectual discourse, but he simply can't ban the US President.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just saw some of his twitter storm from over the weekend and Jesus h Christ the guy is pitiful. He seemed to imply that Nancy pelosi had issues with her teeth and Stacey Abrams visited every buffet in Georgia. He also repeated that awful conspiracy theory about that staffer for Joe Scarborough who died. I mean if you listen to the Sunday shows in America both parties are well able to deal in quotable soundbites that mean nothing but even politicians here in Ireland who I may not agree with their policies, it's never a personal thing.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Leaving aside the argument that Twitter benefits financially from the exposure - TBH I'm unclear how Twitter makes money anyway, last I heard it was a loss making enterprise - to ban a sitting Political Figure would be a bell that could't be un-rung. Fair to say that 99.9% of politicians' social media presence don't come anywhere close to Trump's brazen vulgarity, but there's a known quantity of a zealous, partisan following behind him. Could you imagine the explosions from Fox - or even even rabid "free speech" types seen even on Boards - if Twitter banned an active political figure as prominent as the US President? Every bias and conspiracy theory that the Internet was bias to Liberals would become true. There's no coming back from that, while Twitter itself would become a huge Target for every department, Think Tank or Lobby Group with a grudge.

I have no love for Jack Dorsey, consider him a charlatan and his service a pox on civil or intellectual discourse, but he simply can't ban the US President.

They did announce sometime last year that they wouldn't delete his tweets or ban him while President . They didn't mention him specifically they talked about "World Leaders" or something.

They did however commit to flagging the tweets as being in breach of their rules (a Trigger warning of sorts I guess :)).

They have yet to actually do that with any of his tweets , although I think the heat that building over this latest tweet might actually make them do what they committed to do a year ago.

Bear in mind - On the week-end that deaths in the US tracked towards 100,000 people , in between rounds of Golf he accused someone of Murder , Retweeted some failed GOP candidate who said Hilary Clinton was a "Skank" and who in another tweet that he shared called Stacy Abrams fat (Made some comment like "Looks like she visited every Buffet in the State while canvassing for Governor").

That's who 90% of GOP voters support as their President.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I agree entirely, Twitter fears a banning backlash as much as GOP party members do for challenging him. But they could easily flag his posts as offensive and contrary to their charter. Or ban him for a time period, as they do on boards. That they don't and allow his hate speech is reprehensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I agree entirely, Twitter fears a banning backlash as much as GOP party members do for challenging him. But they could easily flag his posts as offensive and contrary to their charter. Or ban him for a time period, as they do on boards. That they don't and allow his hate speech is reprehensible.

I think it would be extremely irresponsible to put the lives of Twitter employees at risk from the more fanatical AR-15 toting wing of Trump supporters too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He's also threatening to pull the Republican National Convention from North Carolina in August if they're not allowed to fill the place to capacity.

All because, let's face it, he needs a cheering crowd. He needs the place filled to the rafters. For ego, for optics, doesn't matter. He needs a full crowd. Doesn't care that it's very unlikely the virus will be contained by then and there'd be a decent chance the virus could be spread among his own supporters. That doesn't matter.

All that matters is him standing in front of a cheering crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Unbelievable that he’s off golfing.

Not only that, here is what he tweeted on October 26 2014. On this day there was a grand total of 2 cases of Ebola in the US

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/525495434928988160

And here is Donald on Saturday 23 May 2020. On this day there was a grand total of just under 1.7 million cases of coronavirus in the US and the death toll is fast approaching 100,000 Americans who have lost their lives in this pandemic

0_President-trump-plays-golf-in-Sterling-Virginia-USA-23-May-2020.jpg

But, but, but OBAMAGATE

Penn wrote: »
    He's also threatening to pull the Republican National Convention from North Carolina in August if they're not allowed to fill the place to capacity.

All because, let's face it, he needs a cheering crowd. He needs the place filled to the rafters. For ego, for optics, doesn't matter. He needs a full crowd. Doesn't care that it's very unlikely the virus will be contained by then and there'd be a decent chance the virus could be spread among his own supporters. That doesn't matter.

All that matters is him standing in front of a cheering crowd.

Hopefully the people below and the GOP Seniors stick to THEIR choice and tell the bully where to go with his presumption of authority he does not hold. From Wiki: On July 18, 2018, the RNC Site Selection Committee voted unanimously to recommend holding the convention in Charlotte. The Republican National Committee made the selection official on July 20. Date(s)‎: ‎August 24–27, 2020 Presidential nominee‎: ‎Donald Trump of ‎Florida‎ ...
    Vice Presidential nominee‎: ‎Mike Pence of ‎Indi... City‎: ‎Charlotte, North Carolina‎, United States

Notice which State the info lists Don as being from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,051 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They could ban him after he leaves office that would be a hoot

Overheal wrote: »
    They could ban him after he leaves office that would be a hoot

Can't see them upholding their special exemption for his tweets when he leaves office, but let's see what happens as he might not be allowed a mobile phone after he leaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

duploelabs wrote: »
    Can't see them upholding their special exemption for his tweets when he leaves office, but let's see what happens as he might not be allowed a mobile phone after he leaves

May not be "allowed" one but hey we read about people smuggling phones into prisons all the time :D

I'm not even convinced they can even do that - any alteration of Trump's tweets, even to passively flag a negative connotation, will be seized upon with zeal or malice by his supporters and broader GOP orbit. The response would be biblical, if even to mark the Scarborough tweet as offensive. There's just no way it can be avoided, not with the already persistent narrative of liberal bias in technology, coupled with the current climate of hyper-partisanship. Twitter could be hurt in a half dozen ways were a vindictive GOP to turn their sights towards Twitter.

Like I said, I have no love for Dorsey and hate Twitter as a concept, but the service are in a genuine bind here. 99% of political Twitter accounts are puff pieces, whose users understand the intellectual level Tweets exist in. Trump's are just ... they're in another stratosphere. I'm not even sure what a suitable analogy here might be - all of US politics is trying to come to terms with what happens when its leader just says "no" to following the norms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

If they get back to having crowded political events before November, will they have Lock him Up chants at Bidens events?

In other news, Trump has continued his attack on Jeff Sessions and declared him "mentally unfit" to be Attorney General. I really don't think that Donald Trump is in a position to call anyone mentally unfit.

In other news, Trump has continued his attack on Jeff Sessions and declared him "mentally unfit" to be Attorney General. I really don't think that Donald Trump is in a position to call anyone mentally unfit.

When Trump attacks someone, it's usually a projection of what he fears about himself.
    Crooked Hillary etc and....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭eire4

When Trump attacks someone, it's usually a projection of what he fears about himself.

So very true and accurate that observation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Bring to mind the old saying “It takes one to know one”.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Well, that's probably improved Doug Jones chances of holding that seat by a few points.

If the other guy, Tuberville wins the nomination, Jones could hold on.

With Sessions there it'd be a walk for the GOP..

Yes, he retweeted a post calling HRC a "skank" the other day so you may well be right! :D

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Well, that's probably improved Doug Jones chances of holding that seat by a few points.

If the other guy, Tuberville wins the nomination, Jones could hold on.

With Sessions there it'd be a walk for the GOP..

Yeah, Sessions would win. Trump also announced that Sessions should never have been attorney general. Does he think that people either don't know or don't remember who appointed him to that position, or does he really think that people are this stupid?

Last Wednesday afternoon 20 May at a White House availability Wednesday with Governor Hutchinson (R) of Arkansas and Governor Kelly (D) of Kansas, President Donald Trump was asked if he would do anything differently given that we now know how coronavirus has affected the world. QUESTION: Mr. President with 4 percent of the world's population and 30 percent of the outbreak what would you have done differently facing this crisis?

TRUMP: Well, nothing. If you take New York in New Jersey which were very hard hit and we were very, very low and in terms of morbidity and in terms of -- you look at the death relatively speaking we are at the lowest level along with Germany, us, there could have been some smaller countries to perhaps. I would like to ask you maybe about that if I could, Deborah. We have done you know amazingly well. I think the biggest thing we did is stopping the inflow from China into our country and Deborah was a big supporter of that I mean in terms of how important it turned out to and so was Tony Fauci, they were very, very -- Tony said we saved thousands and thousands of lives. That was a great decision that was made in that was made very early. Please, Deborah. ;unquote.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/05/20/trump_i_would_have_done_nothing_differently_with_coronavirus_weve_done_amazingly_well.html

There was an edited version of the Q and A quoted elsewhere on the net and on U.S media which put a different slant on his response. Unfortunately I cant find it as I pressed something wrong on my keyboard which shut my computer down without saving anything. It was on the Rachel Maddow show.

I'm assuming the Deborah referred to by Don is Dr Birx and he was asking for her opinion in answering the reporters question. I don't know if Dr Birx responded in any way to what Don said. I'm not sure how NY and NJ citizens will take his "well nothing" response in either version in respect to the overall U.S covid-19 fatality figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It is absolutely the case that a sociopath will accuse other people of doing things that they do themselves. Its almost as though they can't imagine other things to accuse them of.

I have had immediate experience of someone who did this, eventually you can get to the stage of looking at what they are accusing someone of, and finding a situation where they did it themself, its quite a good 'tell'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

looksee wrote: »
    It is absolutely the case that a sociopath will accuse other people of doing things that they do themselves. Its almost as though they can't imagine other things to accuse them of.

I have had immediate experience of someone who did this, eventually you can get to the stage of looking at what they are accusing someone of, and finding a situation where they did it themself, its quite a good 'tell'.

If you were really overthinking it, that would cast an alarming shadow on the murder conspiracy theories he was chucking around on Saturday!

Sad to say that, after a request from the widower of Lori Klausutis, T.J Klausutis, to Twitter.com to act against Don Trump in respect to his tweeted comments on the circumstances of his wife's death, Twitter has refused the request saying that Trump's tweets DO NOT offend against twitters code of conduct.

Trumps press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, when questioned about Trump's tweeted comments on the circumstances of Lori Klausutis death, responded by trying to make it Joe Scarborought fault that Don made the tweeted comments. How sick is that?

Adult decency has been thrown under the bus by both Trump and McEnany. I can see no reason why the lawyers for the estate of Lori Klausutis don't take action in the courts seeking cease and desist orders against Trump in respect to using twitter as a platform for scurrilious rumour-spreading and maybe seek similar orders against K McEnany for assisting Trump in his actions and against Twitter.com allowing Trump to use the Co and its services for the purpose of knowingly spreading false and malicious rumours about the circumstances of their clients death in the case. If the GOP doesn't act to restrain Trump, in their own right, from his tweeted ramblings, they are as criminal as he is in his tweeted comments about the circumstances of the late Lori Klausutis's death.

Actually I hope this rebounds on the GOP in Nov if it doesn't act with vigour against Trump and use the law to restrain him. He doesn't deserve the honour of having the title of President of the U.S. in front of his name. Rant over...

aloyisious wrote: »
    Sad to say that, after a request from the widower of Lori Klausutis, T.J Klausutis, to Twitter.com to act against Don Trump in respect to his tweeted comments on the circumstances of his wife's death, Twitter has refused the request saying that Trump's tweets DO NOT offend against twitters code of conduct.

Trumps press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, when questioned about Trump's tweeted comments on the circumstances of Lori Klausutis death, responded by trying to make it Joe Scarborought fault that Don made the tweeted comments. How sick is that?

Adult decency has been thrown under the bus by both Trump and McEnany. I can see no reason why the lawyers for the estate of Lori Klausutis don't take action in the courts seeking cease and desist orders against Trump in respect to using twitter as a platform for scurrilious rumour-spreading and maybe seek similar orders against K McEnany for assisting Trump in his actions and against Twitter.com allowing Trump to use the Co and its services for the purpose of knowingly spreading false and malicious rumours about the circumstances of their clients death in the case. If the GOP doesn't act to restrain Trump, in their own right, from his tweeted ramblings, they are as criminal as he is in his tweeted comments about the circumstances of the late Lori Klausutis's death.

Actually I hope this rebounds on the GOP in Nov if it doesn't act with vigour against Trump and use the law to restrain him. He doesn't deserve the honour of having the title of President of the U.S. in front of his name. Rant over...

As I've said before in this thread, I think it may be the most disgusting thing that Trump has done. Causing endless misery to this family in order to settle a score against a media personality that's been critical of him is just the pits of human behaviour. Appalling. And Twitter should be ashamed of themselves.

In respect to Twitter.com and the code of conduct it has for its service users, following on from one of Trump's tweets today specific to Covid-19, Twitter later placed a notice at the base of his tweet advising people to check out the facts related to Covid-19 specific to the content of Trump's tweet. Maybe the worm has turned.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement