Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Unbelievable that he’s off golfing.

Nothing is unbelievable when it comes to Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Ah, I wouldn't agree. We can be too judgemental. He's entitled to get out of the WH for the only leisure activity he enjoys now and again. Its claimed this is his 1st golf outing since March. This wouldn't be the hill I'd die on..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Ah, I wouldn't agree. We can be too judgemental. He's entitled to get out of the WH for the only leisure activity he enjoys now and again. Its claimed this is his 1st golf outing since March. This wouldn't be the hill I'd die on..

Country is about to hit 100 thousand deaths and he goes golfing.

It’s beyond grotesque.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes golfing while the figures hit 100,000. It's like Henry VIII going hunting whilst his latest wife was being beheaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Obama was and has been pilloried both for golfing during the current pandemic (even though he’s no the POTUS and has 0 official responsibilities, and I’m reasonably sure he’s “self employed”), and for his response when 1,000 deaths occurred from H1N1.

Criticizing Trump for golfing as the US sees 100,000 die is fair game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭listermint

TomOnBoard wrote: »

Lol. Has to be a wind up..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

listermint wrote: »
    Lol. Has to be a wind up..

I’m sort of with Tom on this, it’s not really a big deal. It’s not like he’s actually doing any good anyway and if he’s golfing he’s probably at least not making things worse. Possibly bad optics but that’s about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Holy smokes.

I don’t normally see this type of news format except when you look through old 19th century press stuff. That’s on purpose here, framing this as history (which, it is). Rare to see so much essay for only a single headline on a front page.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

aloyisious wrote: »
    Jeff Sessions responds to Don: ‘I did my duty & you’re damn fortunate I did’

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/23/jeff-sessions-fires-back-after-trump-attacks-forme/

Actually the spat is ongoing from 08/May/2020: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/politics/jeff-sessions-donald-trump-obligated/index.html - I Do Not And Will Not Break The Law.

I think this might help to push Joe Biden's comment about not being black if you vote for Trump off the front page.

Would be fantastic if Sessions wins the primary, the Trump vs Sessions spat continues and it helps the incumbent Democrat Doug Jones in his massive uphill battle to retain that Alabama seat.

That's one of the most believable things about him I've heard in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That's an incredible front page.

It reminds me of when the Irish Times devoted the letters page over to the Cloyne report after the Kenny speech on the matter. It's one thing that newspapers and only newspapers can do and hit home hard with that online journalism could never do.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

No tweets about the Failing New York Times yet tonight, but he is busy attacking Jeff Sessions and continuing this obscene attack on Joe Scarborough.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1264346866780700675

Have to feel sorry for the family of the individual being dragged through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭looksee

he’s a Nut Job (with bad ratings).

This is pure essence of Trump condensed into seven words. Everything that matters to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It's incredible to think how much of a cretin he actually is like, there is not even a chance you could forget he gives you so many reminders but still. Long way back for the US as it is, I think if this guy gets another 4 years with how much worse he will likely get it could be too late to save the experiment.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's incredible to think how much of a cretin he actually is like, there is not even a chance you could forget he gives you so many reminders but still. Long way back for the US as it is, I think if this guy gets another 4 years with how much worse he will likely get it could be too late to save the experiment.

Guillotines on the Mall, only half joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Look on every utterance he makes as attention-seeking and nothing else, if it serves as distraction and follow-up tweeted comment, the more he likes it. I'm thinking if people don't respond via twitter to his tweets, his approval level there would drop like a stone further than it has. Just respond directly via complaint to twitter central, get them to remind him of twitters rules. Cut him off from a ready-made audience, that'll make him howl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Hope he's enjoying his day out.

It's been removed. What did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    It's been removed. What did it say?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1264427825639063553?s=19

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

peddlelies wrote: »
    I don't get and won't ever get the argument against voter ID, never ever ever. The other argument is contentious at best, some states hand out driver licences to illegals and other incentives. Only a blind would say there's no politics at play there.

Some states bring in voter ID laws and specifically designate types of ID minorities are less likely to hold. Other states make it difficult to for people to get the required ID. Both are common underhand ways of disenfranchising minority voters.

It’s not as simple as it sounds. I don’t think anyone would object if it was federally run with a standard ID law in all states. It isn’t though.

A bigger travesty is he amount of people who can’t vote because of felony convictions. Only some states remove voter rights for felons and in the case of some southern states it disproportionately affects black men.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I see a pic of Trump shaking hands with his golf partner. Thought no one was looking I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭Christy42

Brian? wrote: »
    Some states bring in voter ID laws and specifically designate types of ID minorities are less likely to hold. Other states make it difficult to for people to get the required ID. Both are common underhand ways of disenfranchising minority voters.

It’s not as simple as it sounds. I don’t think anyone would object if it was federally run with a standard ID law in all states. It isn’t though.

A bigger travesty is he amount of people who can’t vote because of felony convictions. Only some states remove voter rights for felons and in the case of some southern states it disproportionately affects black men.

Thank you the war on drugs. Many consider it a failure. It was incredibly successful at its main aims which had little to do with stopping drugs.

Honestly I don't get the argument for the IDs. It seems like a massive amount of effort for something no one has established is in fact a problem in the first place. It should be as easy as possible to vote to encourage participation (I disagree with mandated voting but it should be as easy as possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Water John wrote: »
    I see a pic of Trump shaking hands with his golf partner. Thought no one was looking I'd say.

The president has the best hands, everybody is saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Water John wrote: »

Who was the golf partner?

It's important because that person's views will become US policy tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Can't say I'm much of a fan of Joe Scarborough, he's a very arrogant elitist media hack but for the POTUS to be peddling a conspiracy about him supposedly murdering a staff member is quite unbelievable. Twilight zone stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Can't say I'm much of a fan of Joe Scarborough, he's a very arrogant elitist media hack but for the POTUS to be peddling a conspiracy about him supposedly murdering a staff member is quite unbelievable. Twilight zone stuff

It's absolutely disgusting. You'd have to wonder how this person's family feels to have the POTUS exploiting their family tragedy to go after a media personality that has criticised him. Unacceptable stuff on any level of common decency.

It’s dog whistle.

He hopes it will net Scarborough more death threats. Threats that Trump will say he had nothing to do with, and that even if he did something something presidential immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why is he out playing golf? Why is he not working flat out to get the virus sorted, get the economy back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Why is he out playing golf? Why is he not working flat out to get the virus sorted, get the economy back?

Because he couldn't give a damn. Sociopaths only care about themselves. Let him out golfing, he'd do less damage on the golf course than he's already doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Joe should send him a lawyers letter to the effect "I'll see you in court over your fake news after you lose the election" and leave it like that.

Don seems intent on inviting court cases after he loses the election and leaves the presidency. "Jeff Sessions was a disaster as Attorney General. He should've never been Attorney General, he's not qualified, he's not mentally qualified to be Attorney General". Just strange that Don didn't have that opinion and judgement when he nominated Jeff for the job in 2017. https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-sessions-attorney-general-senate/2020/05/24/id/968795/

Re the media coverage of Don and his round of golf, I have to ask why MSN is still running the story about Kayleigh McEnany saying [in 2017] President Obama was off playing golf during a crisis after she apologised two months ago for doing so [he wasn't president when Daniel Pearl was murdered]. She wasn't even Don's media secretary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Leroy42 wrote: »

He doesn’t have the ability to do either of those things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement